Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Singapore Grand Prix - Race Report

2 posters

Go down

Singapore Grand Prix - Race Report Empty Singapore Grand Prix - Race Report

Post by Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:23 pm

Post below...

Back to top Go down

Singapore Grand Prix - Race Report Empty Re: Singapore Grand Prix - Race Report

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:50 pm

Qualifying - 1st
A decent lap, not my best but it got me pole position Very Happy

Race - DNF
Had a rolling start because Mick lost connection and re-connected which messed everyone's places up. Had a good start and pulled a 1 second lap on Dark, just kept it there for 3-4 laps and then at the hairpin running up to the 3rd sector I accidently kept it in 2nd gear instead of 1st which caused me to hit the barrier and spin. That put me back into 4th. A lap later at the same place I was closing up on Dark & Vern. They were fighting eachother on the straight and Dark went wide so I took the advantage and took that place nicely. Going to the tunnel under the stand Dark tries to pull some kind of miracoulous move that was never going to happen. He hit my rear wheel which caused me to slide to the right abit, then he hit my side pod which hit me into the wall, I kept it running though, we were 2 abreast in the tunnel and Dark just turns in on me causing me to DNF. See appeal room.

Back to top Go down

Singapore Grand Prix - Race Report Empty MERCEDES GP - dizzymind

Post by dizzymind Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:59 pm

Qually 9th
Race 9th

i had some descent practice time but never goth the right pace. it took me a tremendous effort to keep concentration for the whole 31 laps.
my strategy was working out well, i conserved tires so to make shure i only had a two stop strategy and kept the car in one piece quite well until on lap 26 i crashed and lost my front wing. so one stop to much.after that i was in P8 trying to geth away from BK. witch worked out quite well. first he was gaining a bit but after that i just drove away from him. until the gap was +6 seconds. then on the final lap i crashed again and had a rear puncture. Place lost to BK and a 9th was the highest i could score.

next JAPAN witch is one of my favourite tracks! see you all there!

grtzzz
dizzy
dizzymind
dizzymind

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:07 am

Qualli: 10th
Race: ?

Had my worst race of the season. Were driving with a pretty high fever.
Could not concentrate at all during the race or quali. Should probably not have raced.
But didn't want to miss two race in a row.
Looking forward to Japan, and hoping to be back on form.

Ravve__

Back to top Go down

Singapore Grand Prix - Race Report Empty re

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:14 am

Quali DNF

Race 3rd

race was good, had some fun battles with a few drivers, pitted 4times, served a drive through, finished 3rd

THE END

Back to top Go down

Singapore Grand Prix - Race Report Empty Singapore Grand Prix- Race Report

Post by Vernon-ator_1991 Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:06 pm

Qualifying & Race- 4th

Was extremely happy with 4th on the grid as I wasn't at all confident with this race.

Due to mickw losing connection qualifying and rejoining during the session, the grid was all mixed up so we had to do 1 safety car lap to get all of us all in the correct positions. Due to the rolling start it was a very uninventful start. Was staying within touch of crankshaft, dark and cookster after the 1st lap. Half way through the second lap cookster had a spin and dark was caught up in it allowing crankshaft and i through. Later in the lap the safety car was brought out after cookster destroyed his car, pitted at the end of the lap for primes and returned onto the track still in 2nd. Safety car comes in at the end of lap 4 and by the end of the 1st sector of lap 5 crankshaft ran wide allowing me through into the lead. But the lead was short lived as I pitted 7 laps later as my tyre-wear seemed more severe compared to crankshaft and dark as i had to pit 1 more time. My race was fairly uneventful in 3rd place until lap 24 (my in-lap for my final stop) when my tyres had given up and I ended up going down an escape route as my braking was bad due to worn out tyres. It cost me 20 seconds recovering back to the pits allowing wootton through into 3rd and I couldn't catch up with him. Satisfied with 4th but could have easily been 3rd.

See you all in Japan
Vernon-ator_1991
Vernon-ator_1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:35 am

Qually 5th (primes) was very happy with that.

Race 7th,
had a great start down in to first corner, me n mick 3rd n 4th battling out, after 3 laps mick either spun or i possibly made contact with him unsure but his yellow dot was getting further away, ;-)
dropped into lean mode why i had the breathing space as he was all over me in that force india,
then in the tunnel I binned it and clipped my back left on the apex wall it spun right round facing the other way, with mick and other 2-3 sec behind i had no option but to sit there ;-(
got the car spun round to BK coming up on me fast, i was in 8th now not happy with myself at all.
it was a damage limitiation race then, i managed to crawl back to the pits put more primes on new wing and just managed my tyres, even that i didtn do correctly as i managed to et up to 5th chasing rave and 3 laps from the end my options had shredded, had to box came out on fresh options to do just 1 more lap on em as i was lapped int he pits ;-(
not the best for a number 2 driver, but im sure Crank's Win made the whole team happy and took the limelight from me, i just might get to see the season out without being sacked.

cheers
Linden

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:17 am

Qualy 2nd:
Yeah quite surprising qualy as out of the training sessions I thought that it wouldn't be that close.
So I was more than happy with the qualy.

Race 2nd:
After a lot of restarts everybody was a little bit out of rythm. Had a good flying start behind cookster and tried to find my rythm again. After a few laps cookster spun and I brakes as hard as I could to avoid collision and damage. Captain and Vernon passed me in that situation.
A few laps later Vernon went a little bit wide and I could pass him, but he strikes back in next corner and passed me. Just in the next corner Cookster tried to pass me which resulted in side by side battle and the famous tunnel crash.
Than safety car came out. After that I went for pits and lapfrogged captain, so I was in a pretty good situation. Round per round captain gained time and was near 1,5 second behind me before my last pitstop.
I took the primes for my last stint. I think Captain was on a different strategy, which i realised to late, so his last stint were the options. So in the last laps he was much faster than me and quickly catched me. My tyre wear made progress and I thought that captains tyres should too. But he was able to save the tyres
AND HE WAS PATIENT DRIVING 3 LAPS DIRECT CLOSE BEHIND ME, WAITED FOR HIS CHANCE AND FINALLY PASSED ME.
great job and congrats to captain for this great victory

Back to top Go down

Singapore Grand Prix - Race Report Empty mercedes GP race report

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:47 am

I had a decent qually on this quite difficult track.. p5 (as i recall)

First lap of the race, I crashed in corner 4 and went to the back of the pack and had to pit for a new frontwing.

I managed a race with allmost no errors and I saved my tyres, so I was able to finish in p5.

Gz to the winner..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down