Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canadian Grand Prix - Race Reports

2 posters

Go down

Canadian Grand Prix - Race Reports Empty Canadian Grand Prix - Race Reports

Post by Guest Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:24 am

Post below...

Back to top Go down

Canadian Grand Prix - Race Reports Empty Canadian GP

Post by Guest Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:35 am

Another stand in job and another 4th place. Started down in 8th and made up a few places from the start. Down into the hairpin i was little late on brakes but avoided a Mercedes to move into 5th. There was a scrap just ahead of me and half way through the first stint i took of advantage when a force india and a red bull were battling. I was up to 4th. Then a great battle between me and vernon broke out. After a few laps of hard defending (and both drivers driving great) vernon got passed, but we both dived into the pits. I came out behind vernon, but he ran wide almost straight away and i got passed. I then opened a gap of around 3secs. I pitted on lap 13, went to primes and intending to only stop once more. My aim was to beat vernon at this point. A normal stint with no dramas, then pitted on lap 23, primes, no more stops. Others were pitting so i moved back into 4th just behind freeman. I was trying to get passed but couldn't close the gap, as he was on fresh options. Realised that i needed to save fuel, with vernon around five seconds behind. Just a few laps to go, i let freeman go, and vernon was closing, but i held on for 4th place. Not bad, good strategy helping to 4th. A good race, well done to all.

Back to top Go down

Canadian Grand Prix - Race Reports Empty Re: Canadian Grand Prix - Race Reports

Post by Guest Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:40 am

Qualifying: was bad, 7e ... I was suppose to be able to do 1:09.500, minimum I did like 1:10.400...

race Start great, I was following people great but lap 3, two cars crash just after turn 1 & 2, so I stopped to be gentle man, but some one hit me very fast, cause he didn't want to loose some time by slowing down, and overtake us nicely... HE broke my front wing. I can't tell who was the idiot !!! after all of that every thing was good for me to keep the beat, lap 14 I went to the pit for other prime tires, lap 28 I went for Option, and then I finish 3rd,.. I hope the guy who did it gonna assume himself and tell; I did it !!!

Back to top Go down

Canadian Grand Prix - Race Reports Empty Canadian Grand Prix- Race Report

Post by Vernon-ator_1991 Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:53 am

Qualifying and Race- 5th

Qualifying- This session wasn't the best for me at all especially on a track I enjoy. I could not get a decent time in, either due to running wide or being held up (which happened on 2 occasions).

Race- Got a slightly dodgy start, lost a little ground on the initial getaway but managed to remain 5th going into turn 1 & 2. By the end of the 1st lap I was up to fourth and challenging Ambassa-dior for 3rd. I was clearly quicker but I just couldn't get passed. A few laps later (unsure what lap though) I was involved in a battle with the 2 Mercedes cars, cityboy & ravve. The Mercedes cars collided, I managed to avoid the collision to continue the battle with cityboy. Which was a lot of fun as it was clean, fun and we were changing places every lap, even when I was coming into the pit I was side-by-side with cityboy. After the stop though, I ran wide coming out of the pits, cityboy passed me and I couldn't keep up. On lap 23 I spun at turn 9, hitting the wall and losing my front wing. I was due to pit that lap anyway but lost about 5-10 seconds due to the slower end of the lap and longer pit stop.

The last few laps it was just about getting to the end as my fuel was low, no threat from the car behind but I was catching cityboy around 1-1.5 seconds a lap on the final 3 laps.
Great racing, fairly happy with 5th but would have liked to get onto the podium as this was one of my stronger tracks.
Vernon-ator_1991
Vernon-ator_1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:00 am

Terrible race for me, i need to learn more ;-(

Back to top Go down

Canadian Grand Prix - Race Reports Empty CANADIAN GRAND PRIX - MERCEDES GP - dizzymind

Post by dizzymind Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:35 pm

for the first time since the start of our league i felt confident and shure about my car and performance. sadly enough this havent became solid into results.
in the qually i was to carefull puting me on P4 right behind my teammate. not such a bad result after all, you might think but if you'd seen my practice lap times you'll understand i wasnt to happy with P4.
ennyways, time to get back in the race. But after a lousy start moving me to P7 i had to work hard to come back. at first it all felt qiet allrigth. i was catching with everybody easely. moving me soon to P4 again. but then in the middle of a fight between other pilots me and my teammate were cought into a collision (!!!) of all people the last person i want to colide with. Hard to determine who's to blame in this crash, fortunatly for me i didnt loose to much time. for my team mate on the other hand the race was kind of over.

then my laptimes where shrinking and shrinking battling hard for P3 with Vernon until he crashed in turn 7 i think. unfortunatly my STUPID strategy made me loose severall positions. i'm shure i would have made the podium! the fastest lap time by dizzymind speaks for itself.

thanks for a great race guys, i had a lot of fun
sorry to my teammate we couldve been in much bether position.

dizzymind
dizzymind

Back to top Go down

Canadian Grand Prix - Race Reports Empty Canada GP

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:15 am

Gilles Villeneuve Circuit

Q - 9th " Strange session...losing time (+1 second), but unsure WHERE !! "

R - 6th "Had a SHOCKING start..Bogged down off the line...We all got round the 1st few turns really well...

Tried to get into a grove, but a drive-through after touching 'Linden' at the Qubec Chicane aka 'Champions wall Chicane'...Good racing 'Linden' !

Unfortunalty..this ruined my strategy..but was then slowed up even more by a 3/4 car pile up (just before 3/4) TM 'Freeman' was held up aswell...but managed to get going again..now almost in last place, i thought 'This was going to be tough'..As i fought my way up the feild.

Time for new strategy...primes twice...get some pionts !!

Job done..pleased for 'freeman' finally getting on the podium (about time !!) lol

WELL DONE MATE.

PS : LOVING THE VIDEO's & LOVING THE POLITICS !!

(Just like REAL F1..) lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:09 am

Q - 6th

Race: 2nd, moved up to fist due to some shocking cornercuts ;-)
Hope i never see him in this leauge again...

For once i had done some propper practicing during the week and decided to go for a 2 stop strategy.
Got a good start and gained a position on the first lap. Then it were some good racing, batteling for position all the way to the first pit stop, at lap 9. Put on a new set of option tyres. I just tried to set a nice racepace, not bothering so much of what were going on around me. I knew that i had to drive with this tyres to at least lap 20 , for my strategy to work. Around lap 18 my tyres were finished. Then it were some interesting 2 laps were i lost some time, but i knew that i would gain it back not doing a 3rd pit stop.
Coming out of the pits on lap 20 whit new pimes and it felt like the car was flying. What a difference!!
It were wery tempting to start pushing for better lap times, but i knew i had to make these tyres last 15 laps, so i changed the fuel to mix 1, and never turned it up again. Just trying to get some good clean laps to the finish, taking care of the tyres as good as possible. And the strategy worked out brilliant, had a bit of luck at the end when c-lucas lost control of his car. And i passed him for second place.

My best race of the season, and nice to se my name on top of the championship.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:16 am

To be short with it, i had a horrible race. I don't like this track at all and i picked the wrong setup, i had a few good spells with trying to defend and overtake which i was pretty pleased with but apart from that, there was nothing special to note.

Bring on Valencia and abit more consistency, hopefully with a new team mate as well, we can get ourselves back on the top spot.

Back to top Go down

Canadian Grand Prix - Race Reports Empty Mercedes GP race report

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:50 pm

Better late than never..(laptop is dead so I'm not online so often atm.)

Good qually, was happy with p3. Merc GP was within 1/10 of a sec, so good teamwork Dizzy Smile

Race: Had a decent first few laps, kept my position and waited for my tires to warm, when suddenly, and i do not know how, I was kissing the wall, doing 180 and was in p13 in a blink of an eye..wtf!!! After some discussion with my teammate we came to the conclusion that it was me who touched my teammates frontwheel and therefore only fair that I got the handicap, so to speak.. Took 5 positions to end race at p8, but I will have to be more focused next time, with regards to penalties and clean driving.

FIA gave me a penalty for crossing the white pit-line. I accept the penalty.

Cya in Valencia..

Ambassa_dior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down