USA Grand Prix - Race Reports

Go down

USA Grand Prix - Race Reports

Post by DeKKadent (GP2 Mod) on Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:40 am

Please post your report of the race...

(AL3 Constructors Champion season 3 (Red Bull))
DeKKadent (GP2 Mod)

Back to top Go down

Re: USA Grand Prix - Race Reports

Post by bobjim123 (LM) on Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:52 am

Qualy 1st - Was 1 second off my PB but was pole by 0.9secs with a 1.38.8

Race 1st - Was bumped off 1st corner, only lost me one place and I regained the lead at the start of the middle sector. Was out of DRS reach by lap 3 and started building a lead with purple laps, Sean pitted lap 6 and I went in lap 10. Came out 6secs ahead of Sean knowing he would have to pit again and extended the gap to 10secs he went back in lap 20 which left me with a 35sec cushion. Despite not needing to I pitted lap 22 to put on fresh options and improve on my fastest while coasting to the line 15secs clear of 2nd and nearly a minute ahead of 3rd. 
Pole by 0.9, Fastest Lap by 1sec, And the win ill take that!

Next week is going to be tough but ill cya all in Brazil

GP2 - Valencia, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Japan, India, Abu Dhabi, Austin

GP4 - Valencia, Hungary, Abu Dhabi

Current Season:
Points: 294 Championship Position: 1st Current Car: Williams Podiums: 10 Race Wins: 8

GP2 SEASON 4 CHAMPION!! xD

bobjim123 (LM)

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanbbb90 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:45 pm

qually 3rd race 2nd lights owt gt a good toe to the first corner but locked my brakes slightly touching bob, i was now 1st but i slowed down an aloud bob back through i was able to keep the gap at 2secs but then my tyres wouldn't last so my race was a boring race till the end but ild like to thank red for moving owt my way after i pitted

Seanbbb90

Back to top Go down

Post by DeKKadent (GP2 Mod) on Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:25 am

Quali - 2nd Front row

Race - Engine Fail on formation lap (connection died in 5 min break)

(AL3 Constructors Champion season 3 (Red Bull))
DeKKadent (GP2 Mod)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddweasel on Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:09 pm

Quali - erm think I started 4th if I remember correctly with a poor 1:40, my best being a low 1:39, just couldn't pull a lap together. Took it easy on my options as I knew it would be tough to make this a 1 stop race.

Race - 4th. Inherited 3rd from Dek's disconnection before the start and kept Porcshe at bay in the early couple of laps whilst Sean and Bob pulled away. Pulled a gap and had a lonely race initially. Sean pitted early and was quickly behind me around about lap 8 or 9 and so let him past in sec 1 (team orders!) so he could chase down Bob. Pitted a lap early on lap 10 with Rob catching me slightly on his primes and came out beheind Mansell and Rob. Both pitted soon after as I was catching them on my well warmed primes. What I didn't expect was for Mansell (2 stopping) to catch me so quickly on his options. Lap 25 of 28 he was in my DRS and passed me. The final 3 laps would have been enjoyable for anyone to watch as Mansell and I proceeded to show what I can only describe as motorised Bambi's on ice; two cars fighhting to the finsih, both on worn tyres with lots of late braking, going deep into corners and a bit of sliding for good measure! I got Mansell in the DRS zone on the last lap and thought I had 3rd in the bag but ran deep into the penultimate corner allowing him to pass and just get across the line with me all over his rear wing. Great fun, even though I came out the loser in this battle, I enjoyed this clean close racing nonetheless. Thanks mate.

Again, on a track I'd never raced before my relative consistency allowed me to maintain my starting postion, a bit more pace and I would have kept 3rd but still got 4th which puts me on a total of 193 points, 7 off my personal target for this season with 1 race to go.

Redd.

Race wins: 2 - China & Great Britain

GT5 - Slam the duck and I'll break your neck!
Reddweasel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down