Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chinese Grand Prix - Race Reports

2 posters

Go down

Chinese Grand Prix - Race Reports Empty Chinese Grand Prix - Race Reports

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:17 pm

Post Your Reports Below...

Back to top Go down

Chinese Grand Prix - Race Reports Empty Chinese Grand Prix Report

Post by Vernon-ator_1991 Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:12 am

Qualifying- Qualifying was so-so, qualified 6th but was not happy with my qualifying performance.

Race- Started 6th on the grid on the option tyre and had a good start managed to get up to 4th by the end of turn 2-3. Was behind PaulB1991, coming along the long back straight heading towards the hairpin I got alongside PaulB1991, he was on the inside and I was on the outside. We arrive at the braking point and he comes across the track and pushed me onto the grass sending me wide and losing 6 places. He did not wait. After that it was a battle to get back through the field, pitted on lap 6 for another set of options as the rain was on it's way. Pitted on lap 13 for inters as the rain started to come down a little and my options were also shot. Then when the rain was fully coming down I was in a nice rythum. Had to pit for fresh inters on lap 21 to get me to the end of the race. Was comfortable and fast and managed to finish 4th. Team-mate finishing 5th so a nice hall of points for the Force India team.

Bring on Istanbul next weekend.

Vernon-ator_1991
Vernon-ator_1991
Vernon-ator_1991

Back to top Go down

Chinese Grand Prix - Race Reports Empty Re: Chinese Grand Prix - Race Reports

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:26 am

Qualifying - 1st
Race - 1st

Qualifying - I knew I had a pretty decent setup that was capable of being on the front row. All I had to do was put a good lap together. I saw that there was a 70% chance of rain in race but I still decided to go out on Options and skip the primes. Waited till there was around 10 minutes left and went for the kill. I've got to say I haven't actually practiced that much with the options for Qualifying runs, I was concentrating on getting to grips with Primes for in race. But all went well. Put in a time of 1.27.931 and thought that would be quite a hard time to beat. Just did the one lap and then came into the pits. I knew that I would have to go out again as I was wary of C-Lucas as he can always pull something out of the bag. Came out again but I didn't come out with enough time left so that run was aborted.

Race - It was not raining at the beginning of the race but it was a 70% chance of rain so I gambled on a full wet setup. Started on pole, Got a pretty decent start and managed to keep 1st into the 1st corner. After that It was just a matter of trying to save enough fuel, keeping my tyres and keeping Mr Lucas behind me. I think it worked out pretty well. Decided that I was able to run Mix 1 in the first 2 sectors which enabled me to save enough fuel for latter in the race. I ran Mix 3 on the long straight just to make sure that he wasn't able to pass me. The "keeping tyres" bit didn't work as well as I might have liked. Pitted on lap 7, Wanted to put the options on as It looked like it was going to rain in around 5-6 laps. But I forgot to change it on my HUB so I came out on Primes. I was thinking arghhh. But it worked out as you will find out soon.

Came back out on Primes and Lucas carried on for one extra lap trying to get the jump on me. The undercut worked to perfection (Even better than I thought and I was around 5 seconds infront of Lucas). By this time I was still in 1st Ambassa_Dior was in 2nd and Mr Lucas was in 3rd. I just tried to maintain the gap to Ambassa untill his tyres started to wear out a little and then I tried to increase the gap a little by going up to Mix 2. I slowly started to pull a gap. A little later I heard Lucas say "Hurry up rain" so I guessed that he took the gamble of putting and going onto the Intermediates. Good news for me as it was only spitting Very Happy. Lucas suddenly lost connection after that so Im not sure what happened there.

I Carried on until Lap 16 when the rain looked ominous on the track. Decided to take the gamble and go onto the Intermediate tyres and it worked to perfection. As I came out I could see moisture just starting to cover the whole track. Paul was then in front so I was trying to reign him in. Luckily for me he made a mistake the corner just before the long straight so I was back in 1st. After that It was just a question of keeping my tyres, maintaining the gap to 2nd place and bringing the car home. It all went well and I came across the like to take my first victory.

Just like to say well done to PUNCH. We nearly got a Red Bull 1-2 but just missed out on the end

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:51 am

Very very interesting Race.... Must say.. this was one of the most strategic races I've seen...
Almost had 1-2 in the pocket... Oh well.. Next time.

Qualification:
My teammate informed me that its gonna be Wet Race.... So we both waited in the pits watching people's time and discussing what to do...
Cause we were not sure if it is going to rain from the start... or in the middle... cause chances of rain were 75%.

We also noticed Mr. Lucas - who was patiently waiting in the garage and watching our next move.
With 7 mins left on the clock, I left the Pit.

My strategy was to make one long run. I added 6 laps worth of fuel to stay longer and burn Option Tires, hoping it was going to rain from the start.

First Hot lap, was bad... 1:30:299...
Second hot lap, I lost control and broke the wing... So I pitted to get it repaired.
This was not in my plans...

I slapped new set of options, and put less fuel only 4 laps, with 3 min left on the clock.
I chose 4 Laps, because my Red Bull is not eco friendly ride... it eats fuel like motherfu**er.
On my hot lap, I made a mistake... and couldn't improve my time, leaving me in the 5th Starting Position.

Race:

Well I decided not to torture people with my long reports.

So I will upload Race Video Smile.

Back to top Go down

Chinese Grand Prix - Race Reports Empty MERCEDES GP dizzymind

Post by dizzymind Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:52 pm

Not a great start, with a spin at the first lap. i where coming back to the pack nicely. slow but shure.
LOST CONNECTION on lap 6 or 7. who can prepare for that? there's not something i couldve done about it. and i dont have a lousy connection eater. this was my last race. i'm sick of those lame results.
dizzymind
dizzymind

Back to top Go down

Chinese Grand Prix - Race Reports Empty Mercedes GP race report

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:17 pm

Good qually for me..finally. Felt real at home in the car, so to speak. Happy with setup, and thought it could be a front row start for me, but again I was blown away, by Cooksters amazing lap time.. Unreal, but gz anyway Smile

Slow start as allways, I'm very conservative when it comes to first corner incidents and what not so I got passed by a few cars in the first lap. Managed to come out of the pits in 4th and after a few laps i was
in 2nd behind Cookster. Stayed there for a few laps, and I was about to enter the pits for my gamble on inters, when my right rear tyre decided to loose grip and I Kobayashied my Merc-ass into the wall and I was done. Sadly I got so frustrated that I just quit and startet to cry..!! Well, not really but it was close Smile

I will have my podium soon, I'm sure of it.. Gx to the winner. Oy

Back to top Go down

Chinese Grand Prix - Race Reports Empty Chinese Gp

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:28 pm

Not much to say really, started 7th, finished 6th, had a pretty naff race at a track I dislike intensely.

Back to top Go down

Chinese Grand Prix - Race Reports Empty Singapore GP

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:11 am

Round 3
China

Q - 8th " Spent most of the session, looking at 'wet' set-ups...hard to test with NO rain. Worst qually so far.."

R - 7th "With the weather playing it's part, it was a battle of WITS !! Hardest thing was deciding on 'what WAS the best tyre' to be on..

After CLEAN start (AGAIN) well done everyone !!

Had scarps all over the place...lots of drivers going off when the rain finally showed up !! One Tricky race...but good fun to be part of.

Although WE (McLaren) didn't score well...WE will be looking for good results from NOW till BRAZIL....Heard 'Lucas' quit !! hope thats NOT true...??"

See you in Turkey.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:58 am

Quali : 8th. I think...

Race: Nice clean start. Took a place or two. Got my set-up wrong. So i had big trouble during the race to keep my tyres in good wear.
Did 2 pit stops. Prime after my first stop. Got the inters on in my last stop, in perfect time for the rain.
Cath up with my teammate with 5 or 6 laps left. chased him for a couple of laps, tried to pass him in the harpin, after the long straight.
Outbreaked myself and lost a position to Thephenix. Passed him on the next lap again. And finished in 5th.

A shit race at a track i don't like.
Hoping to grab my first podium at Turkey.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum