Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turkish Grand Prix - Race Reports

Go down

Turkish Grand Prix - Race Reports Empty Turkish Grand Prix - Race Reports

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:28 pm

Post your report below...

Back to top Go down

Turkish Grand Prix - Race Reports Empty Re: Turkish Grand Prix - Race Reports

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:10 am

Qualifying: Obviously couldn't because of the penalty.

Race: Starting from the back, i didn't want to be too over the top but this approach paid off as i got upto i think 10th by the end of lap 1. And then with a (few) mistakes from the guy's in front and some in my opinion, precise and patient overtakes, i made it upto 3rd before pitting on lap 8.
This is where i went wrong, in order to avoid having another accident with Vernon.. i pushed WAY too hard and completely ruined the options so i changed from my original 3 stop to a 2 stop and boy.. am i glad i did!
Must have been a 10 lap battle between myself, Ravve and Phoenix for 4th.. watching them two fight was rather entertaining Very Happy so i took my time and just drove naturally waiting to pounce (which i nearly did at the end!) so thank you to those guys for a great fight. Smile
And to everyone else, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! santa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:28 am

Qualifying: 2nd- better than expected but figured it might be due to some qualifying on the prime tire

Race: 3rd- overall a near faultless race. I knew I would have better grip off the start then p1 who was on the prime tire, so I pushed hard in the beginning and quickly took p1, however I failed to pull out a gap on my options stint so that cost me in the end. I tried to catch Cookster (1st) and Vernon(2nd) on the last stint but it was no use, so I just focused on bringing the car home in one piece. Good race all, and congrats to Cookster and Vernon on the podium finish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:32 am

Qualifying: 1st
Race: 1st

Qualifying - Went all to plan, again I thought that I had a decent setup after practicing with a few guys yesterday. Did my first time on Primes and got a lap of 1.23.088. Planned to go on an Option run right at the end but I got a corner cut on the 1st corner so that lap was aborted.

Race - Had a good race to be honest, Got off to a decent start. Terrible was keeping hold off me in the first stint, Had a little collision with him on Lap 3 (I think he hit the back of me going into the 2nd last turn). But nothing bad happened to both of us so it was all good. Pitted lap 10 for Options, came out 3rd around 3 seconds behind Terrible after he got the undercut on me. Next lap I passed him and then I went after Vernon. Passed him after a couple of laps and then it was a question of increasing the gap enough so I would be okay at the end of the race. Pitted again on lap 19 for the Primes, and just tried to maintain the gap to 2nd and get to the finish line. Good race again. See you all after Christmas for the Spanish GP. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! santa

Back to top Go down

Turkish Grand Prix - Race Reports Empty Turkish Grand Prix- Race Report

Post by Vernon-ator_1991 Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:17 am

Qualified: 4th
Race: 2nd

Qualifying: Qualified on the prime tyre and managed to get into the 1:24's. Went onto the options with 3 minutes to go, but my 1 lap I intended to do was aborted as I got done for corner cutting.

Race: Avoided contact in turn 1 and remained 4th but by turn 3 I clipped the rear of my team-mates car, ended up spinning and at the back of the grid. After I recovered from the spin it was a matter damage limitation. Recovered to 10th by the time I pitted on lap 10 for another set of primes. Had an awesome middle stint, after everyone had pitted for the first time I was in 9th position. Car was handling well and everyone around me on the track seemed to be on the option tyre and yet I was gaining time on everyone immediately ahead of me.
By the time I pitted on lap 21 for options I was up in 2nd and came out of the pits 3rd behind terrible. 2-3 laps later I passed terriblef1 on the approach to turn 8. ThaCookster was too far ahead of me with 5 laps left, but I kept pushing so I could get the fastest lap but also just incase ThaCookster made any mistakes, but he didn't.
Well done to ThaCookster for the victory and to terriblef1 for getting onto the podium as well. 2nd place and a fastest lap for me so I'm pretty happy with the overall result.
Vernon-ator_1991
Vernon-ator_1991

Back to top Go down

Turkish Grand Prix - Race Reports Empty Turkish GP

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:58 pm

Round 4
Istanbul Park

Q - 8th " Really hoping for more..but searching for set-up, in Qually..is NOT best thing to do...race trim is stable, but lacks pace."

R - 7th " Finally managed to get my starts working..had to back out into 1..didn't wanna wreck MY car...& with NEW team-mate, i was also concerned about his start !!

However, things went from bad to worse, when i was passed by a number of drivers..little mistakes cost me dear !! Was hoping for much better...but both of us seemed to struggle with the car setup ???

After the pit-stops, it was clear..that 'bringing the car home' was my only goal..as my main competitors were nearly 1+ Lap in front !! Good race guys."

BIG well Done 'Freeman' on 1st race...More pionts next time out please !!
(MORE SIM WORK NEEDED !!)

Finally...Merry Christmas & Happy New Year From all at Vodafone McLaren Mercedes.

Back to top Go down

Turkish Grand Prix - Race Reports Empty Race Replay Turkey

Post by Guest Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:06 am

Q-9 went ok wasnt expecting much more.

Race 11th - As I stood in as reserve i didnt really have the settings for the redbull ;-(
it shows aswell lol.

(3mins in hear me go mad lolol)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:02 am

quali: 3rd.

Race: 5th.
A bit disapointed with my result. I were hoping to grab my first podium in Turkey.
I had a okey start. Think i was in fourt place after the first lap. Did my first pit-stop in lap 5.
Way to early. Don't know why, But it seemed like a good idea at the time. But it wasen't :-).
After my second pit-stop i came out behind Phoenix. We had a great battle for 4th position for about 8-9 laps. But with 2-3 laps left i could not keep up with Phoenix pace. So i started to drive defencive to keep my 5th place. Out on the last lap i had Paulb right up my gearbox. Thought he were gonna catch me on the long straight on the last lap. But i keept him behind, and finished in 5th.

Fun race to drive with good battles for positions!

Back to top Go down

Turkish Grand Prix - Race Reports Empty Turkish GP Race Report

Post by Guest Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:44 am

Had an ok-ish Quali (5th), but I never expected much from qualifying anyway. The race was better, had a few good battles with Ravve and Paul, so that was fun. Felt a lot of tyre wear early on, but that was better as the race progressed once I moved onto primes. Overall I wasn't too displeased nor overjoyed at the result (4th).

Anyway, a very Merry Christmas to all, and have a great 2012!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:50 am

All right, 1st MERRY XMAS ALL!

I were in my 1st ligue event, I was little bit nervous so I had some difficulty to get a regular beat. i spin at the lap 5, and i was getting a good beat after my second pit stop but the last lap again spin, I finished the race in one peace,thats make me happy for my 1st F1 pro league RACE !!

Merry Christmasand Happy New Year !!!

re: I noticed that demon, more point next time, I pratice. ty man!

Last edited by Freeman on Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : did'nt seen demon post !)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum