Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Singapore Grand Prix - Race Reports

3 posters

Go down

Singapore Grand Prix - Race Reports Empty Singapore Grand Prix - Race Reports

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:09 am

Please post below

Back to top Go down

Singapore Grand Prix - Race Reports Empty sad glitch ended me

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:43 am

Qualed in fifth i think at third attempt at qual. Got a reasonable start. Think i got into third, then i locked up an ran into one of the dead ends, only slightly. Theres was nobody behind me, reversed about five foot, got a drive thru, joke. Did the drive through, came out fifth. Was quite happy tho as ashley was only sixth. Battled my bad understeer and pitted on lap 12, thought id give primes a go. Next thing antonios crashed out. Great news, main two rivals were out an in sixth. Started getting a rythym going, got a fastest lap and was closing in on fourth an third. Pit crew were calling me in for stop two. With 24 laps left was going to do two more stints on primes as they actually felt better. Decided to do one more lap before pitting, bad move. Tyres were by no means knackered, ran a smidge wide and just scuffed the wall with both right wheels, bang, all over. Only had to finish to go back to top of pile, and got the most ridiculous dnf ever. Now im in third i believe, 3 behind antonios and 4 behind ashley, and next race is one of my weakest, oh the joys

Back to top Go down

Singapore Grand Prix - Race Reports Empty Singapore Grand Prix

Post by ChaperalSA Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:00 pm

Sorry gents could not do a restart had a very early morning ahead.
ChaperalSA
ChaperalSA

Back to top Go down

Singapore Grand Prix - Race Reports Empty Re: Singapore Grand Prix - Race Reports

Post by Seanbbb90 Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:36 am

i dint qualify coz i was eatin me tea so started near last lights owt tuk a car or 2 stopper n porch braked to late to easy places there then not long after i woz 1st for ages then pitted cum owt 3rd i think then they pitted so bk to 1st then last 7 laps i woz on quite old tyres bt 15.5secs or so infront ov mansell so i woz thinkin do i pit or nt any way i fort il try go to the end bt saw purple at tom of screen so i luked to see who it was then boOM crashed then i was 3rd or 4th finally gt bk to pit bt by this tym mansell was 20sumat seconds infront. gt options on then started doin qualy laps pushin hard then i fink rob lee or general dred pitted tuk 3rd started huntin 2nd dwn while i was gettin hunted by guy behind me then last lap came cunt catch 2nd bt jst kept 3rd bt overall im gutted realy wanted to win bt if sum 1 asked me if i wanted 3rd ild av snatched it so all in all gud result for me n mercedes shame bout 5 point deduction n tht people is n essy

Seanbbb90

Back to top Go down

Singapore Grand Prix - Race Reports Empty Re: Singapore Grand Prix - Race Reports

Post by Guest Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:22 am

I had about a 3 second lead when I hit the wall on the exit off turn 16 I think and spun had to wait for the rest of the cars to pass before turning the car around and got a drive through penalty which I had to do 3 times because it wasn’t registering or either I got 3 drive through for 1 incident anyway after all the drive through was about a minute behind the nearest car and couldn’t really do much in that race other than finish. Once I saw that Antonios crashed out and Stopper I didn’t push as hard I just needed to finish with it being so close in the table and i did in 5th only because of the 3 non finishers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:22 am

Chose not to qualify as tyre wear is a killer round here, first couple laps i was conservative and i managed to move up a few places.
Just before first stop i clipped the barrier under the bridge, nothing serious but damaged front wing.
Was always either chasing someone down or being chased on last stop i put on options n chucked it rich right till the end.
Lap after lap i was catching bbb but the race ended 1 lap to early and he crossed the line in 3rd a tenth or 2 ahead.

All in all a little disappointed as i was very hopeful of a podium and i think i maybes should of qualified to.

Onwards to suzuka and the battle for the WCC continues, really looking forward to the remaining races and looking for strong results with the possible exception of korea n abu dhabi.

I did record my race but dunno if i can be arsed uploading it as i have to use my phone and it only lets me record for an hour.

If anyone has a samsung galaxy s3 or a galaxy phone and can record for longer than an hour then can you please inform me how thanks.

Back to top Go down

Singapore Grand Prix - Race Reports Empty recording length

Post by Guest Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:37 am

Not got an s3, but my moto razr does exactly the same. Can only record in HDTV for thirty minutes, annoying it is. My missus has a Sony Ericson aino, bout 2 half yes old, and hers records forever in HD . Tried everything on mine, nothing. Even standard quality only records for just over an hour. 6 month old android phone, same spec as iPhone but just won't record for a decent amount of time, fooking annoying it is.

Back to top Go down

Singapore Grand Prix - Race Reports Empty my race in a nutshell

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:22 am

qualy 4th finished 2nd
good start got into 1st within about 3 laps.was set for 3 stops but soon realised tyres were losing grip rapidly so i came in early and planned to run rest of the race on primes,had a couple of spins in the race costing me around 18 secs plus 2 wing changes.anyway came in 9 laps from the end for options realising tyres were not gonna last which paid off.then coasted last 4laps taking no chances.a tough race and happy with the result
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down