Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British Grand Prix - Race Report

2 posters

Go down

British Grand Prix - Race Report Empty British Grand Prix - Race Report

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:56 am

Post below...

Back to top Go down

British Grand Prix - Race Report Empty Re: British Grand Prix - Race Report

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:18 am

Qually 4th

RACE 9th

Rubbish from the start, i tinkered with my setup and it just didnt pay off ;-(
glad to pick up 2 points.
Lap 1-8 i just go backwards lol. and a few sideways lolol

replay to follow.(( 0.00m - 6.30m Excuse me bollocking my lad for not being in bed.))

Last edited by lindenwarden on Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:54 am

Qualifying - 2nd
Race - 1st

Qualifying - No idea what happened but I magically lost a whole second with my setup. In practice I was capable of a 1.25 dead on the Prime tyres, but I was only able to get a 1.25.912 which was very disappointing. No idea what happened but 2nd was still good.

Race - A very boring race for me to be honest, Had a good few laps with PaulB1991 at the beginning until he made a mistake at the old first corner and went well wide which gave me the lead. After that I knew I had to create a gap as you never know when you will make a mistake in the rain. I realised everyone was pitting but my tyres still felt very good so I just stayed out. On lap 25 the gap to 2nd position was over 1 second when I suddenly got a puncture just at the end of the first sector. Returning for my first pit stop all the way from there was painful. I pitted and put on Intermediate tyres and go out in front of PaulB1991 by 6 seconds to finish the race. Very uneventful race until the last 2 laps.

But I'm very happy to win my home Grand Prix and bag another 25 points for myself & Red Bull Racing. Well done to Vernon to come home in 3rd place again! The win isn't far away I'm sure!

Last edited by PRO League Director on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:58 am

Qualy 7th: Was a complete mess, I was just not agressive enough. I had the chance to go in the front row, but due to a corner cut in my last flying round, I had to give up any hopes.

Race:
Was lucky to see rain, cause I like rain. Unfortunately I forgot that we are in silverstone with a bunch of competitive guys who want to win their home race :-)
Start was good and I was able to overtake Linden. After that I was behind DemonRacer, Vernon, PaulB and Cookster in a nice pack and I carefully tried to find the speed but lost some time after Vernon and Demon spun. After that i tried to catch my team mate PaulB, but I wouln't try to overtake because he had my pace. Than suddenly lost concentration and had problems with my helmet and crashed into the wall damaging slightly my front wing (who wants to laugh see it in the video at about 13:40). So I had a understeer lotus from there. In Lap 24 I was in second position again (I think all guys were pitting, dont ask why), and suddenly I got 2 punctures in a row (ok here is the reason for pitting :-) ). So I had to pit 2 rounds before finish. In general it was an exciting race and very competitive and fair. Some guys can see themself awesome driving in the vid.

Best regards

DarkPSI

Last edited by darkpsi on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

British Grand Prix - Race Report Empty British Grand Prix- Race Report

Post by Vernon-ator_1991 Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:01 am

Qualifying & Race- 3rd

Seemed to suffer with lack of pace in qually as I was 1 second slower than I was in practice only the other day, but still qualified 3rd.

Wet race, not ideal but can handle it. Had a good start remained 3rd into turn 1 and keeping up with PaulB1991 & ThaCookster. On lap 2 going down the hanger straight I was on the inside of PaulB1991 going into Stowe corner and we collided sending me into a spin, hope it was caught on camera because I want another look at it, as I'm not sure I understeered into him or if he turned into me. After that it was all about coming back through the field. Was battling with the McLaren's not long after my spin, Freeman holding up Demon was what I needed as it helped me get passed them both. Then it went quiet for me after that, not a lot happening until I pitted for inters. Freeman didnt so he ended up ahead of me again, I was clearly quicker but he was glitching and laging all over the place I was a little reluctant to pass him just incase he glitched into me like earlier in the race where his lag pushed me off the track at the last chicane.
After I passed Freeman I had settled for 4th as PaulB1991 was too far ahead of me to challenge unless mistakes came in but with 4 laps to go DarkPSI received a puncture which promoted me into 3rd> Brought it home in 3rd to take another 15 points and another podium.
Vernon-ator_1991
Vernon-ator_1991

Back to top Go down

British Grand Prix - Race Report Empty MERCEDES GP dizzymind British Grand Prix

Post by dizzymind Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:52 pm

Lousy Qually p12. I was actually a bit glad to find out it were gonna rain. @ first i wasnt. but i could see the advantage from it. just keep it clean and i were shure to take some positions.

and so it went. I tweaked the car to rain settings quit wel i think. It felt great and lots of grip in the acceleration. Even tough it were wet like my girlfriends knickers. I didnt have to much problems keeping up with the pack. I noticed the pace of my teammate wasnt as fast as mine (probably wrong wet-setup) and was a bit scared that we would colide again (Canadian Grand Prix) as he was leading me for the begining of the race. After he spun it i was able to overtake him without risk of collision.If i'm not mistaken i overtook at least two other cars on the circuit. Allso i tried to keep my tires preserved as much as possible. I was gonna go for a one stopper and cooled my tires on the wet parts of the straights as much as possible. Afther the rain stoped i waited and waited and eventually opted for the intermediates . the pit strategy worked out because i overtook some people and finished in P8. A result i can live with.

i must say, great and clean start! Not easy in conditions like that. Thanks everybody for keeping it clean.
dizzymind
dizzymind

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:44 am

Quali: 1st.. I have to admit, the pole time that i had before Cookster posted his.. i thought it was perfect so how on earth i managed to post that quicker lap is beyond me, especially with the amount of oversteer i had driving through Becketts.. oh and to Demon and Linden, i heard your conversation just as i was coming out of the last chicane but at least someone else was on pole Wink

Race: 2nd.. Starting in the wet, i knew i had the chance to get something.. and the first lap i was confident until i started understeering quite heavily, so the mistake at the first corner of the old circuit was part car, part me because i wanted to be behind Cookster so i had a guideline as to where i put the car and it was working until i was too eager coming out of turn 3 in first gear and nearly lost it so i thought i stay my distance and get good lap times in, i think i pitted about lap 15 for inters.. if i'd stayed on wets for 2/3 more laps, i probably would have won and i lost LOADS of time because there was way too much standing water but after then, it was smooth sailing (pun not intended) and i came home in second at a track which i'm not all that fond of, next week.. TM's home race and i love the track :')

Oh and congrats to our (usual) winner and Vernon but especially him because he fought a great race to get himself back on the podium.

PaulB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:37 am

Quali: 8th
Race: 4th

Due to work i wasn't able to practice anything during the week, so i were hoping for a rainy race. To be able to keep up with some kind of pace. And of course we got rain in england. Qualified in 8th, so i tried to keep it cool at the start and in the first couple of laps.
Some cars were going of in the first half of the race, so i gained a couple of places. Then a lot of people started to pit a bit early in the race.
My tyres both looked and felt good, so i decided to stay on the track a lot longer. Around lap 19-20 i were in p3 and went in to the pits to change to inters. Came out of the pits in p5. Straight away i got a strong pace and startet go chase Freeman in p4.
With 3 laps to go, i were just behind him. After the incident in Valencia, i didnt want to do anything stupid. So i just tried to drive smart and stress him into a mistake. It were pretty obvious i were faster than him, at this time in the race.
But he held me behind him, all the way to the last turn on the last lap, were i finally was able to pass him for p4.

Thanks for that battle!
And i didn't have any problem whit Freemans conection, his car were steady on the track when we were racing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:02 am

Sorry taking so long writing this...it was painful !!

Q -

R- DNF

Had a good battling race at the start...but when pitcrew put on 'options' lap 22..i was done for !!
1st DNFof the season Evil or Very Mad

Hoping for better NEXT race.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down