Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Belgian Grand Prix - Race Report

2 posters

Go down

Belgian Grand Prix - Race Report Empty Belgian Grand Prix - Race Report

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:31 pm

Post below...

Back to top Go down

Belgian Grand Prix - Race Report Empty Re: Belgian Grand Prix - Race Report

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:43 am

Qualifying - 1st
Pretty pleased with my Qualifying position, got 1st which I was pleased with and was able to do a decent time on the Primes. Only 3 tenths of my best which still isn't perfect but I'll sure take it Smile

Race - 1st
Had a pretty decent start, no collision on the first corner, made a little gap half way round the lap. I made a little mistake at Pouhon on the 1st Lap which enabled Mick to catch back up to me. This allowed him to stay close untill Kemmel straight on Lap 2 and we were neck and neck going into Les Combes. (There was a glitch on Kemmel Straight all race that there was a Yellow Flag all the time for no apparent reason) Mick broke a little earlier than me which obviously made me take the lead. This gave me a Drive Through Penalty because of the yellow flags. Pitted on Lap 5 and was around 3 seconds behind Ravve__ who was n 1st. I got passed him on Lap 7 and then it was a question of keeping consistant put still putting good times in. I pitted for a fresh set of Wets on Lap 14 and put in the Fastest Lap of the race on Lap 15. From then on it was plain cruising until the end. It started to dry up near the end and was turning into Dry Tyre weather. Finished the race in 1st which I was pleased with. It was a shame my team mate wasn't there to pick up some points, but non the less a good result for me and the team.

Last edited by PRO League Director on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Belgian Grand Prix - Race Report Empty MERCEDES GP dizzymind

Post by dizzymind Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:34 pm

Qually 6th Sad this due to two silly incompetent bastards [no need for fingerpointing Wink] screwing up my hotlaps. really anoying because the crowd wanted to see its home prodigy driver in the first two rows. a mission not impossible after a look on the timesheets.
race: 4th and my best result so far. As to be expected in the long awaited home grand prix.
at the start i was kicked from behind at turn one. I think it was linden who rear ended me. but it couldve been the captain as wel. since i'm 100 percent shure it were a ferrari. Nevertheless kind enough to await my swift departure after a half spin.due to this I lost a bit the connection to the rest of the pack but as the race progressed i moved up trough the field witch brought me to P3 were i drove for 80 percent of the race. My strategy was working out fine. Unfortunatly i were loosing grip very fast in the last couple of laps and on lap 19 of 22 the captain overtook me. then on the final lap a puncture made the drama complete. fortunatly in the last sector and i was able to bring it (quite literally) "HOME".

great race. good result

thanks guys, much respect!

(team Mercedes GP are curently investigating the steering column malfunction of ambasa's car. with the memory of the laid Ayrton Senna's horrible steering column malfuntion we opted for retirement as to keep our driver safe.)

Last edited by dizzymind on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
dizzymind
dizzymind

Back to top Go down

Post by MickWalker355 Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:09 pm

qually = 2nd was a ok lap for me 0.8 off pole i was happy enough with that even tho cookster could go faster

race = 6th what a bad race for me was having a good race with cookster on the first couple of laps but over the radio said inters are the best to be on so pitted lap 4 or 5 and what a nightmare to control 7 seconds a lap i was loosing bi kept hoping it would dry but lap 18 or 19 it did but too late then i will cross this race off as a learning curve and move on to thew next one

MickWalker355

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:57 am

Quali: 3rd
Race : 2nd

Did only get 1 clean lap during the quali. It were not a fast one but it got me a place in the second row.

Got away pretty well at the start. Were a bit worried that someone would outbreak themself in the wet and chrash into me from behind.
But we all had a clean start, i think.
Were behind my teammate and cookster during the first 1-3 laps with around 1 sec. Then Cookster started to make a gap to me and mickwalker. On lap 4 (I think) i were really close to my TM, and in the last corner before the straigh that leds up to bus-stop he made a mistake and slide off the track. And right after that Cookster drove in to the pits for his penalty and i were in first place.
But not for long. Managed to keep him beehind for a lap or two but he is just so much faster than me.
The strategy were to pit at lap 7. But my tyres were good so i ignored that and pitted on lap 14. The plan were to go on inters at the stop,
but it had not dried up so i took a new set of Wets and rejoined the race still in 2nd place.
Then i only had to take it safe to the finish. Cookster were like 30 seconds in front of me and the car in 3rd were like 10-15 seconds behind me.

Won't be able to race at Monza next sunday. Going to England to see some football :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:27 am

Qually 8th -
Didnt go out till 8 mins left due to My pit crew piss arsing around with a un opened condom they had found in my Wooden Box. We had some laughs with it, filled it with water and larked around, Andy got took to hospital, as Pierre threw the homemade water balloon at him and knocked him unconscious totally out cold.
I did tell them it was Ultra Extra Safe but my italian is'nt great. any way got out of the pits in the end and it was raining, great.
I was to busy on the radio asking how Andy was feeling and bounced of the Pit exit barrier Straight into Dizzy's path, ;-( sorry dizzy, i got a 10 place grid drop.

RACE 8th lol.

If you read MICKW report is virtually identical to mine, apart from I had a Nose to replace on lap 5 just after inter's where put on. - Terrible race for me.

I have seen "dizzy" sniffing around the ferrari garage pretty sure he likes the colour red.

Lookin forward to monza where i can maybe get 7th ;-)

cheers
Linden

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:13 am

qualify 4ht

Finished 5th, Suppose to be 4 but I had to stop to the pit due to some little spins some time in the race,
hope monza will be better.. Thanks for racing league!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down