Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monaco Grand Prix - Race Report

Go down

Monaco Grand Prix - Race Report Empty Monaco Grand Prix - Race Report

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:04 am

Qualifying - 1st (11th) - Put a good time in to get pole position but C-Lucas slammed my side when I tried to let him through which gave me a 10 place grid drop

Race - DNF - Started 11th got a good start and got up to 4th at the end of Lap 1, Passed Cityboy on lap 2. Then it was a quesiton of making sure I didnt hit the barrier at all. I was putting some good consistent times in and was catching up the leaders nicely. Then the Safety Car came out on lap 9, I was just cruising round and then I got DNF'd by a bit of barrier that was sticking out. Although I hate this track, I was looking forward to where I wouldve ended up finishing. But it was a good race while it lasted. Better luck next time at Canada. Lets hope im back to winning ways and get Red Bull back where they deserve on the podium!

Last edited by PRO League Director on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:09 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Monaco Grand Prix - Race Report Empty Re: Monaco Grand Prix - Race Report

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:31 am

As you can see I quallied on Primes, had a great Stradegy planned out, then i go n Pop my right front on Lap 9 ;-)

Back to top Go down

Monaco Grand Prix - Race Report Empty Monaco GP

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:23 am

Had an eventful race, many good battles. Started okay gained some places, before Freeman collided with me on lap 3. This reduced me back a few places. Then i was just trying to get some consistency, until there was a safety car. I did well out of this and even better after another safety car 2 or 3 laps later. A third safety car aloud me to switch to prime exactly when needed Very Happy. I then had pressure on the car in front before making a few mistakes. I was still on for a podium until the last lap where Freeman came up the inside and took us off!!! He did get penalised 20secs. I did get to the end but Rave had got passed in the incident. I was pleased to finsh 4th, not bad for a stand in driver at monaco. Congrats to Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:55 am

Qualifying: 4th.. jeez you have to be so on the limit around this place. But i'm pretty proud at getting 4th, that's basically all there is to say :L

Race: Got a pretty decent start, that first corner is WAY too narrow to have 4 cars going through it but we all made it. Then into the corner before the hairpin, i got shunted from behind (I know who it is but it was an accident, plain and simple) and that dropped me back into last with a damaged front wing so i decided to pit.. i must admit, i think that was a GREAT decision!
Knowing how Monaco is for passing i tried to keep my distance for either a mistake or a pitstop. And so it started.. Lap 9 = Safety Car: i think i was between 7th and 9th so i pitted for my last set of Options (Started on them, pitted lap 1), got going again, gained a couple of places via pitstops, about lap 15.. safety car number 2, this point i was 5th maybe, stayed out and got going again and then same lap (lap 18) SAFETY CAR NO. 3! I stayed out an extra lap which put me in the lead until i pitted for primes.
Then after the safety car came in my main concern was staying cool, calm and consistent, which worked really well as after i made my last stop (3rd at this point) RDS made a mistake and damaged his wing and Demon went into the pits leaving me first with a 15 or so second gap with 7 laps to go.
Luckily for me i did keep my cool and i took my maiden victory! Great race guys and my sympathies to those that crashed, that is one hell-ish race track.

See you all next week.
Paul

Back to top Go down

Monaco Grand Prix - Race Report Empty race

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:25 pm

was took of a few times by drivers,city boy cutting corners and a few others heppy putting report in as wel cos front runners was cuttin corners as wel,heppy seen it so he wil post it thanks

Back to top Go down

Monaco Grand Prix - Race Report Empty MERCEDES GP dizzymind

Post by dizzymind Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:32 pm

I decided not to post a qually time to save all my tyre sets. i was pritty shure my time would be a lousy one and i noticed in practice sessions my tire wear would be verry high. so i rather didnt qually. For the race. i was cought in some crashes by others witch made me pit way to early, i lost my front wing two times and after a strange position behind the safety car i allready was a lap behind most people and had to let everybody pass. Very anoying because its hard to pay attention to see if somebody is closing in on this track. 8th position is higher then i anticipated but as a crashed my car on lap 20 or so the result is once again a lousy one.

dizzymind
dizzymind

Back to top Go down

Monaco Grand Prix - Race Report Empty Monaco GP

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:06 am

The twisty streets !!

Qually - 4th " Didn't set a good lap, traffic & some errors cost me time.."

Race - 2nd " Started 3rd, due to 'Cookster' grid drop..Had the 'Force India's' in front fo me on the grid, as the lights went out, i stayed on the gearbox of 'Lucas' & Passed 'Rave' then made a pass around the outside into turn 1 On 'Lucas' .

Now in the lead...i tried to build a gap, but the Force India guys were pushing hard...Untill SC was deployed on lap 9...

'Linden' hitting the armco on the run to 'tabac' & then 'Cookster' hitting same wall on the next lap... I pitted but was stupid enough to put the options back on the car !! a mistake a should be learning from by now !!
Remained in the lead until the later stages..but had to pit, as tryes where gone.. This let 'PaulB' into the lead with 6/7 laps to go...i was driving my socks off to close the gap...but rather than push for 1st..& crash out around 'the twisty streets'..thought i'd just bring it home for2nd...

Looking forward to Canada !!

Team-mates home advantage should help US both !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:27 am

Qualie: 3rd. Moved up to 2nd.

Race: Did happen so much in the race it's hard to remember all.

Demon came flying of the start and past both me and c-lucas. I just tried to keep as far to the left as possible in the first corner, to avoid a incident. And managed to get out of the first corner in 2nd place.
Then i tried to pusch as hard as possible to catch Demon. But he got about a 2 -3 second gap that he held all the way to the first saftey car. Then it all started to go wrong. After all the madness with safteycars, i were in 3rd position after RDS and Demon. Then on the first lap after the 3rd safteycar
i crasched and had to get a new front wing, Came out of the pits last. (Which were P7 at this point, i think).

Got a set of primes on and thought my race was over. But i drove as far as i could on thoes primes.
And with 6/7 laps to go i were in 3rd or 4th. Whit Demon just behind me, but he had just done a pit stop and had a fresch set of tyres on. I managed to keep him behind for about 2 laps , praying for a new saftey car. Then i had to pit again for the 4th time this race. Came out in 5th. With cityboy and Freeman (i think)
about 5-6 seconds in front of me. Held a pretty god pace on my last stint and gained some time of the cars in front of me. And on the last lap they chrased and i got my 3rd place back :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum