Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hungarian Grand Prix - Race Report

3 posters

Go down

Hungarian Grand Prix - Race Report Empty Hungarian Grand Prix - Race Report

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:25 am

Post Below...

Back to top Go down

Hungarian Grand Prix - Race Report Empty Re: Hungarian Grand Prix - Race Report

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:07 am

Ferrari had a nightmare with one of there cars misfiring, and rich mixtures.
With it catching on fire in the Pit Lane before Qually the team thought it would be best to retire its car from the Hungary GP for investigation.

Sorry Guys
Linden

Back to top Go down

Hungarian Grand Prix - Race Report Empty Hungarian Grand Prix- Race Report

Post by Vernon-ator_1991 Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:37 am

Qualifying- 6th

Only did one run on primes so I can try a different strategy in the race, only qualified 6th but with 92% tyres left on primes I felt pretty good.

Race- DNF (Classified 9th)

Had a good start managed to climb up to 4th by turn one after DarkPSI had a near spin. But by halfway around lap 1 I was back down to 6th. Started to settle down, with a number of cars ahead of me on options and I was easily keeping up with them so I felt happy with my strategy I had planned and with my pace. After all the option runners pitted I was in 2nd with DarkPSI right behind me. I was going ahead with the tactics the team had discussed by holding up DarkPSI a little so ThaCookster could pull a gap to relieve any pressure.
Lap 10 both Cookster and me pitted but we had enough of a gap so we could both pit and not hold eachother up. Dark passed me within the pit-stops but I wasn't panicking. Lap 13 I was in 3rd place when approaching turn 4, I pulled to the right hand side of the track for the left hander and then hit an imaginary wall which destroyed my car.
So pissed off because I felt like I could have finished 2nd and definitely on the podium.

Well done to ThaCookster for another victory.
Vernon-ator_1991
Vernon-ator_1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:51 am

Qualifying - 1st

At the beginning of the day I wasn't feeling to confident as I hadn't raced or practised at Hungary for absolutely ages. Got a nice little setup sorted and found that I was quicker than expected compared to everyone else. Put in a 1.13.928 on Primes to bag me Pole Position. I was also hoping to keep my tyres as good as possible as I was trying a different strategy, so when I came in and found I had 93% tyres that made it even better.

Race - 1st

Had a pretty decent race, full of strategy and help from my engineer (Vernon). Got off to an okayish start, Dark got his nose in front at the beginning of the start but in the second half my gearbox kicked in and I was back ahead. I felt good after the first corner and there was a little incident which relieved any kind of pressure from behind. I was going against my engineers strategy and I was planning a 3 stopper instead of 4. It was going well and I came in Lap 10 to fit another set of Primes.

A couple of laps later I saw that my team mate Vernon had destroyed his car on a stupid invisible wall. The safety car came out and I pitted for a fresh set of Primes again and I retained my lead. Vernon was now acting as my eyes from behind, he acted as engineer. Got off to a decent start after the Safety Car came in, PaulB1991 who was in second letting his team mate DarkPSI through for the best chance of a win. From then my strategy went out of the window as I knew I would have to stop twice. I chucked it into Mix 3 and tried my best to make a gap. By Lap 23 when I pitted I had a 12 second gap over DarkPSI. Once I had came back out it only took me one lap to get onto his tail and pass him on the pit straight (The pass was so close - Watch my Race Edit for footage). You could tell that his tyres had totally had it. He pitted the next lap which relieved me from any pressure as it allowed me to pit on Lap 30 for another set of Options and run to the end. A very good race with a big change of strategy mid way through

See y'all at Spa

Last edited by PRO League Director on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:40 am; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Hungarian Grand Prix - Race Report Empty Baptism of the Debutant

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:01 am

Qualifying - 8th
Race - 5th

With the unfortunate engine-fire demise of Linden before qualifying, due to a Ferrari mechanic filling his car up with spaghetti instead of petrol, I was left to make my début in Pro League, on my worst track of the season, alone in the deep end!

Having never found a good setup or rhythm around the Hungaroring on any game at any point in my life, getting 8th place in qualifying didn't surprise me at all. A 1:16.1 on prime tyres seemed fairly respectable, but given I was over 2 seconds off pole, I clearly had a lot of room for improvement beyond being on the slower compound Razz

The race started cleanly enough, managing to avoid the brief scuffle that took place at the 1st corner. Making a place up to 7th, I held my ground for the first 3 laps or so, going into Fuel Mix 1 immediately. I was despatched by Dark swiftly on Lap 4, making his way back through the field. After some of the front runners pitted off their qualy softs, I found myself up in a miraculous 3rd (initially thinking a lot of people had suddenly disconnected haha). On lap 7, I found myself racing with Wootton. With my tyres quickly deteriorating, I had to defend well against him, and was holding on bravely. Having taken the defensive line into Turn 4, I was slightly slower than desired into Turn 5, but had made sure I took the best line I could, upon which I suddenly got a clout on the right from him, sending us both off the track. I lost time and a couple of positions, but these things happen, and Wootton got a drive-through penalty, so hopefully nothing more needs to be said (it's not as if I was going to finish higher than I ultimately did Very Happy)

The rest of the race became a matter of churning through the laps as consistently as I could, closing up or occasionally going past others due to my out-of-sync pit strategies. The SC coming out was helpful for me to close back up on the pack, though I slowly fell away again by about 2 seconds a lap haha

Finishing 5th in my first Pro League race, even with a couple of notable absences from the field was encouraging, given I struggle at Hungary so comparatively much. I enjoyed the experience

Well done to Cookster for another solid win,
All the best,
Capt_Crankshaft

Back to top Go down

Post by MickWalker355 Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:20 am

qually=7th very poor for me was doing better times in practice but tried something new and it didnt work

race finished 4th was a good race for me in the torro rosso for my first race with the big guns got up to 5th on the first bend after some contact in front of me ( felt sorry for dark at the time until he was behind me on about lap 7 lol) was have a good battle with paulb and ravve for most of the race had some silly offs at the first corner tho
well done cookster and dark
i need to do more testing for spa i need to be challenging at the front my sponsors need more advertisment on the video lol

MickWalker355

Back to top Go down

Hungarian Grand Prix - Race Report Empty re

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:46 am

quali 3rd
was pleased with quali as i posted a better time than in my earlier days practice

race 6th
race was utter bollocks the first few laps went well but after that it shot downhill, lost it in sector two along with my front wing and right tyre, smashed crank off at turn 5 served drivethrough, shredded tyres all gp, last pitstop requested options it put fuked primes on. had good battle with my tm tho

well done rave
well done cook
thanks for the setup...

see you all at spa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:01 am

Qualifying - 4th - Pretty much did the time i did in tests, quite happy with that.

Race - 7th - Got a pretty good start into the first corner, narrowly missing my teammate when he and Cookster collided which put me into 2nd and i hovered around there until i pitted. When i got out, i had a good battle with Mick for a few laps and managed to pull out a gap and was catching Vernon until he hit "that" barrier.. maybe i should've pitted under the safety car but my tires were good and i wanted to have a run at Cookster which i had a good chance of until he slowed right down and my tires went stone cold ¬__¬ thus, forcing me to release my team-mate which from what i've read made for an interesting battle.
The last bit that i can remember about it is having a good corner duel with Wootton which ended up in us having a (in my opinion) racing incident and after all, he did wait so i thought nothing of it.

Congrats to the top 3 and hopefully i'll have a better result at Spa.
PaulB

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzymind Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:13 pm

EPIC FAILURE from Team Mercedes.

Didnt have time for practice during the week. Didnt have time to make a setup neither. Just arrived from the airport as we started and were not in good shape at all.

Next week my home grand prix. All efforts going to setup and practice!

Seeya in francorchamps (like to hear you guys say that 3 times in a row)
dizzymind
dizzymind

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:43 am

Quali: 5th
Race: 3rd

Happy with the 3rd place. I had done some good practicing this week, and decided to go for a 3 stop race.
With the safteycar coming out i should have changed it to 4 stops. To keep up with the pace at the end off the race. But i hold on to my raceplan. And with a podium finish i should not be disappointed.

Got a good start and were holding the wide outside line in the first corner, when Dark came flying with his rear first. Just in front of me. Lyckily i avoid a collision, but i lost 2 positions and were in p7 after the first couple of corners. Got the first pitstop wrong, were suppost to go on primes but got options tyres on.
Wery annoying!!
Had some good batles during the race, especially with my team mate. He were faster than me in sector 2
but didnt have the top speed to pass me on the long straights.
At the end my tyres were shoot, I think mickwalker gained like 10 seconds on me the last 4 laps. But lyckily i managed to keep some gap and finish in 3rd.

Looking forward to Spa.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:02 am

Qualy: 2nd

realised that cookster would be miles away, so only chance was to surprise with qualy on options and try to get the pole. but failed!

Race: Focused on a good start, as I knew that the options would have more grip at the start compared to cooksters primes. Worked pretty well as you can see in cooksters race edit video. unfortunately I wasn't agressive enough in the braking zone, so braked to early. realized that and lifted the brakes a bit, resulting in the problem that I had to brake harder again which made my car fishtail and suddenly spun. Damn. Had to let pass the whole field to avoid the typical come back on the circuit collisions.
After that I had some nice battles with the whole field. As always great and fair driving from all drivers. Safetycar phase came just in the right phase and I changed strategy for very long stint on the primes to make cookster a little bit nervous. Could regain 1st for a few rounds, but cookster passed with fresh tyres in an excellent overtake which impressed me, because I was pretty sure he would overbrake in that situation but he didn't. Than the race was pretty quiet and results in a 2nd place.

Best regards
DarkPSI

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:18 am

EPIC FAILURE from Team Mercedes Petronas

Quit after lap 3, due to a stupid collide at lap 1, turn #4. Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzymind Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:36 pm

Freeman wrote:EPIC FAILURE from Team Mercedes Petronas

Quit after lap 3, due to a stupid collide at lap 1, turn #4. Thanks

U caused that collision and u know it. U rear ended me when I slowed sown to let Darkpsi back on track after he went on the grass.
dizzymind
dizzymind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down