Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monza GP - Race Reports

2 posters

Go down

Monza GP - Race Reports Empty Monza GP - Race Reports

Post by F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod) Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:00 am

Please post below...
F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod)
F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod)

Back to top Go down

Monza GP - Race Reports Empty Monza GP - Race Report

Post by Reddweasel Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:52 pm

Build up to this not great. Spent my first night back on F1 (Friday) re setting my wheel seetings so only praticed properly late Saturday and a bit on Sunday.

Fortunately both qulai and race were dry as I didn't have any sets ups for inter/wet conditions.

I'd put the Ferrari on pole here last season (though the race went downhill for me from the start) but I just couldn't get a good time out of the Redbull and so wasn't hoping for much.

Quali - Got a 1:24.4 (I think) putting me at the back in 10th but actually started 9th as Burty (I think) had a 10 place grid penalty for soemthing.

Race - Got away purposely slowly as I wasn;t confident with the car into the 1st corner. Passed Burty (I think) ont he second lap as he'd made a mistakle but he soon passed me again a couple of laps later.

Apart from cathcing the odd tyre in the gravel occassionally I had an ok race. Not particularly quick but the car continued to feel better and my spead slowly increased the deeper I went into the race.

After the pit stops I was upto 9th as RDS purposely crashed his car after losing his wing and was chasing down Porchedude in his Ferrari. Rather quickly my teammate appeared in my sights with a smoking rear end..very funny for me but not for him! Soon got passed and up to 8th. Was catching Porchedude (PD) quite quickly at the end and if I had another 3 laps might well have passed him. A shout out to PD for a good race, I managed to put him under a bit of pressure at times but he held on for a well deserved 7th.

Quite happy to pick up a couple of places when I knew I was so slow and out of practice.

Redd.

P.S. Singapore pace isn't looking much better either!
Reddweasel
Reddweasel

Back to top Go down