Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merged Fia Agenda,14th Aug

+6
hamishsop (DRT)
Vernon-ator_1991
UD-War
bobjim123 (LM)
F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod)
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
10 posters

Go down

Merged Fia Agenda,14th Aug Empty Merged Fia Agenda,14th Aug

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:01 am

1.disscuss promotion system once again,im really concerned especially about the jump from gp2 to f1 league,i fear new drivers to f1 league may severely struggle and get fed up quickly and quit racing or just not bother finishing.
should we just ditch the idea and fill the leagues with drivers who want to be there.
I fear f1 league could suffer again next seaon with dwindling numbers unless we get drivers in who are capable of no assist and want to be there.My commitment to the site is almost limitless but im sure I would get fed up possibly being lapped most races,i know you can say  this might not happen,but can you be sure it wont happen.

2.Appeals
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Merged Fia Agenda,14th Aug Empty Re: Merged Fia Agenda,14th Aug

Post by F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod) Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:52 am

I will be at the meeting tonight. I strongly think the 3 drivers that get promoted from GP2 upto F1 League should always be the 3 quickest based on a equal cars test at the end of each season, not on F12012 cars as clearly the wrong drivers are moving up & leads to drivers who arnt quick enough & causes problems for who gets which car.

I feel that if MVA & Adam especially had good attendance at races both would be leading the championship but i feel just because they miss alot of races shouldnt mean they both stay in GP2, Both including Chickie aswell are in the slowest cars on the grid so are known to be the quickest so should be in F1 League, which solves the problem of Bobjim & Sean moving up as both are unable to use manual gears while MVA, Adam & obviously Chickie can as he was in F1 League before.

Turning to F1 Leagues current season now, i have since the start of this season felt Bigdave & Antonios have had a big unfair advantage both been in the Ferrari, now i know this is quite obvious & difficult as there is aleast a second gap between the Ferrari & the next slower car(s) & im guessing this but both should be in a car 7 tenths faster i feel its been very unfair for Vernon who has been at disadvantage should be level & may not win the championship he deserves come end of the season.

I am also concerned about GP3 League about the 3 drivers who will be promoted. For a start i do feel 2 drivers should be maximum who have to move up & those 2 drivers based on pace should be Bulletproof & Topgearstig as they are the quickest & do not use abs, traction or racing line. The reason i say just 2 moving up is based on the fact if Phillip the current championship leader was forced up then Fishtech his good mate would then move with him i feel & the same for Topman 2nd in the championship as i also feel Daflukey would move with him & Topgearstig is mates with Bullet i forgot to mention so it would all lead to 6 drivers moving to GP2 which wouldnt fit.

Overall i feel everything ive said above does need to be seriously looked at for the future of the site & pleasing everyone & hopefully common sense will prevail.
F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod)
F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod)

Back to top Go down

Post by bobjim123 (LM) Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:20 pm

This has been discussed many times, I personally don't mind what happens and Steve you can't say the 2 force India would be top because every1 has improved and most are where the deserve to be. I don't think Adam should be rewarded for not turning up

bobjim123 (LM)

Back to top Go down

Post by UD-War Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:33 pm

Top 3 goes up always been like this, they go up, they have to change their assists usage like everyone else did when they went up, for example myself i was all assists user at the first season i done here. Don't see what the difficulty is with this dear lord...
UD-War
UD-War

Back to top Go down

Post by F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod) Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:17 pm

Bob there are drivers in F1 who dont turn up lol who you could say then dont deserve to be there either & Milan you didnt learn no traction manual till you got your wheel. Im not joking here but if all road cars had a ps3 controller instead of a wheel to drive most people would buy an automatic lol!

To be completly honest if you on a pad i dont think anyone has an excuse to not learning abs no traction & racing line but i still think the majority on a pad will struggle or unable to consistently use manual because of where the buttons are while wheel user has paddles.
F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod)
F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vernon-ator_1991 Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:38 pm

Stevo the difference between F1 & GP2 absentees is that when our drivers aren't racing they announce way before the race that they can't participate. Adam for instance in GP2 has not attended a number of races without warning anyone. That's the difference. In theory Adam is lucky to still be part of the league because I'm sure he went 3 races absent without a reason, which normally results in being removed from the championship.

It's the reason why MVA didn't get promoted last season, he didn't bother with the last few races and we felt that was not the attitude we want in the top league.

The top 3 should go up, but if not the people who have earned to go up. Not Adam because of the lack of races he's attended and not Chickie because he left our league because he couldn't race the distance at the times we race. The first all non-assist driver who would be able to come up with your theory Stevo would be Reddweasel. But the likes of Bob and Sean have always been aware of the tasks ahead once they shown their title challenging pace.
Vernon-ator_1991
Vernon-ator_1991

Back to top Go down

Post by hamishsop (DRT) Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:51 am

i think the top 2 drivers should go up because i think 3 is to much. however i think we should consider the possibility of drivers choosing the league there in providing they have the pace.
hamishsop (DRT)
hamishsop (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Post by F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod) Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:14 am

I was unaware of Adam not posting his absences but based on my theory of everyone been in the correct league that also means drivers with bad attendance especially if this was equal as its not right a driver turns occasionally easily gets pole & wins or tries to llike with a driver we once had in AL3.
F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod)
F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigdave235 Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:59 am

Hi Stevo,

I'm not sure what your basis for the judgement on the performance of the Ferraris being 1 second quicker than the rest of the field comes from. The qualifying statistics are more more even than you suggest. 

Merged Fia Agenda,14th Aug Vern_d10

My opinion is me and vern have been very well matched, in Korea for example we battled for position for nearly the last 10 laps with no driver having an obvious advantage. I have driven a very consistent season, and have done so by using good strategy and tyre management, not necessarily speed and have avoided getting into incidents. So to suggest that one driver deserves to win a championship in a season that is not even complete is a little unfair.

Bigdave235

Back to top Go down

Post by F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod) Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:47 am

Every race ive stewarded your league ive always had the impression on average that youve been 2 or 3 tenths too quick for that the car your in over Vernons Sauber but i understand that if you were put in the same car as Vernon you would then be on average 7 to 8 tenths slower than Vernon & wouldnt be competative if there is a 1 second gap between both cars as for Korea i havnt taken that into account as i couldnt be there to see, but sorry i bought this up.
F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod)
F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigdave235 Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:17 am

Hey Stevo,

I have no problem if you want to raise any issue. My only problem is a lack of evidence to back up your claim. You say it is an impression, but you need to show some evidence to back it up. Further more, you may be correct to say that if I was in the same car as vern I may be slower, but that is the whole point of equal cars, to try to equalise the field. My table clearly demonstrates how close me and vern actually have been this season.

I have no problem when issues are raised, but since you have done so please provide the evidence to backup your impressions or accept that they may be false.

Bigdave235

Back to top Go down

Post by Vernon-ator_1991 Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:42 pm

Bigdave235 wrote:Hi Stevo,

I'm not sure what your basis for the judgement on the performance of the Ferraris being 1 second quicker than the rest of the field comes from. The qualifying statistics are more more even than you suggest. 

Merged Fia Agenda,14th Aug Vern_d10

My opinion is me and vern have been very well matched, in Korea for example we battled for position for nearly the last 10 laps with no driver having an obvious advantage. I have driven a very consistent season, and have done so by using good strategy and tyre management, not necessarily speed and have avoided getting into incidents. So to suggest that one driver deserves to win a championship in a season that is not even complete is a little unfair.
 Yeah just to back up on Dave's post there. We are very evenly matched and I really can't see it being changed. I've had some bad races myself, like China for instance I was very lucky to get a 3rd place because my tyre wear was dreadful and I wasn't able to challenge Dave who had obviously set his car up better. But Spain, Canada, Hungary, Korea could have gone either way for us.
Vernon-ator_1991
Vernon-ator_1991

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianJohnson43 (GP4 Mod) Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:05 am

look im sick and tired of who should go up. look the top 3 or whatever if its is two are three the league table shows the three guys who are there are for going up if they cant accept going up then why be at the top end of the table in the first place and what really grinds my gears is people coming in after the transfer window and taking points of people who have slogged there balls of all season stuggling for points and then taking points of them seems a bit harsh to me and as it go for saying people who should go up who haven't been there in ages thats very wrong just because a guy who can do manual gears should have the opp to move up who hasent even been there for most of the season i cant see it and if it does happen i will be surprised and annoyed its just how i see it....
BrianJohnson43 (GP4 Mod)
BrianJohnson43 (GP4 Mod)

Back to top Go down

Post by mva335i Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:22 am

Vernon-ator_1991 wrote:Stevo the difference between F1 & GP2 absentees is that when our drivers aren't racing they announce way before the race that they can't participate. Adam for instance in GP2 has not attended a number of races without warning anyone. That's the difference. In theory Adam is lucky to still be part of the league because I'm sure he went 3 races absent without a reason, which normally results in being removed from the championship.

It's the reason why MVA didn't get promoted last season, he didn't bother with the last few races and we felt that was not the attitude we want in the top league.

The top 3 should go up, but if not the people who have earned to go up. Not Adam because of the lack of races he's attended and not Chickie because he left our league because he couldn't race the distance at the times we race. The first all non-assist driver who would be able to come up with your theory Stevo would be Reddweasel. But the likes of Bob and Sean have always been aware of the tasks ahead once they shown their title challenging pace.

Vernon

The only race that i didn't bothered with was the last of season 3 in Brazil. I explained why too although i shouldn't. Now i'm finding out that that was the reason i didn't go up. Because of my ''lack'' of the ''right'' attitude. I've been present to almost every event since i got here to our site. What about that? What does that have to say about my attitude? Think about it. I didn't want to do 50% races from the start. With any kind of assistanses. The starting time of the races is very difficult for me as it is 11 here in Greece and i have a full 12-hour working day after that. Still i'm there EVERY Sunday ready to do the best i can with extremely rare exeptions. Think twice before questioning someones loyalty Vernon, especially when you have many examples of the oposite around you. Lots of people left the site because they've had enough one way or the other. I'm still here. This is what you should concider next time you want to ''evaluate'' me.

Stevo if you look at the standings you'll see i've had 7 or 8 disconnections. If you asume maybe a 5th place per race (more like 3rd but for arguments sake) you are 100% correct about me fighting for the title. Reality has a different opinion though so... can't fight fate.

In my opinion there should be EXTENSIVE testing from the admins to anyone they feel should go up or down. A 5 lap race just wont cut it. At least a 100% race with a full grid would give a good sample regarding to the level of the driver being tested. This is a process that should be repeated at the start of every season with the new game at hand. I feel it's the only way to have the most suited drivers together per league.

mva335i

Back to top Go down

Post by BK_1975 (F1 Mod) Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:53 am

Your attitude is 100% Antonios m8 but your words were
"I will not be racing the rest of the season as I cant get promotion"

That is why I tried and tried to get you to race as you would have been moved up like we wanted but under rules created to stop people quitting you could not be moved up just as Tha_Cookster was moved down for winning championship and not showing up for further 3 races. "we must think of others first"

its never personal m8 but a wrong decision by me I agree after you have shown 100% commitment to this league and it has been noted and looking forward to seeing you lap me next season Razz 
THE RULES NOT VERNONS DECISION

As for testing we try our best at all times but you must agree this game is what makes things hard, I erg all league members to stick with it as the new game gives us renewed hope.
BK_1975 (F1 Mod)
BK_1975 (F1 Mod)

Back to top Go down

Post by mva335i Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:39 am

I never thought it was personal BK. If i did i would have left long ago. My words were exactly those because there was no point to continue considering the ''rules'' you mentioned. It was 1 race not a few of them so it was no big deal and haven't made any difference to anyone at any point of that championship.

Another thing i want to make clear from this point on. I have exactly zero problems with Vernon. I'm addressing to the administration  of this site through him. The day i'm conviced that one man is making decisions like this on his own is the day i'll go. So no problems at all there.

Don't be so sure i'll be laping you next season, word is you are getting better and better and that you usualy carrie a gun in your Redbull during the races so..... Very Happy 

I know testing and car/people allocating is a bitch and always will be but it is also of great importance for the smooth operation of the site. It goes without saying that the administration can count on me to help in anyway i can regarding the matters mentioned.

mva335i

Back to top Go down

Post by BK_1975 (F1 Mod) Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:57 pm

you will be called on for test soon as we get hold of new game
BK_1975 (F1 Mod)
BK_1975 (F1 Mod)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down