Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australian GP - Race Report

3 posters

Go down

Australian GP - Race Report Empty Australian GP - Race Report

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2012 8:46 am

Qually - 12th
Sat in the pits on prime awaiting the track to rubber up, went out on 10mins left.
Slyn stopped me a few times getting a good lap, but hey it happens, so retired.

Race - 2nd
got a brilliant start took 4-5 places on the first corner, was happy at that so sat in Lean mode for 5-6 laps.
Pitted for options on lap 11, then Put some fast laps times, pitted again on lap 20 on options, and carried on putting 1.23.500s in then i realised i was in 3rd, big smiles, then even Bigger smiles when the pit radio came on and told me Chickie crashed, I was waiting for Safety car, it never came ;-( gutted, SO i just checked my fuel SHIT it was -2laps dam I was startin to catch BK but i cant do anything LEAN mode ;-(

was a good race enjoyed it.

Next time
Linden

Back to top Go down

Australian GP - Race Report Empty Australia Race Report

Post by BradChick Mon May 07, 2012 9:21 am

Really enjoyed tonight Smile
Quali in 1st
In went out on primes at first to get a feel for the track, and to give the track a chance to "rubber up". i was managing 1.23s with primes but they were not performing as they have in the past. i got pole but then slip down the grid to 3rd with 5 mins left.
i decided i need grid position so wacked on a set of options and decided to not push it to hard but still post a fast lap. To save tyres a went around at about 50 - 100 mph on my outlap. this meant my tyres where still 100% for my flying lap. i put in a 1.22.5 which was reasonable for my lotus, so i was happy.
the start was excellent. i got no wheel spin off of the line and used kers when i got in 3 gear. i moved to the inside to defend my position. i got a good run around the first corner and looked back and was shocked i how far ahead i was from the first corner. i ran in fuel mix 1 for 15 laps and managed to get my fuel to +4 laps Smile no point explaining the first 15 laps because nothing happend.

i heard on the radio that linden and bk started to catch me. they kept putting in fastest laps and i started to get worried. i decided to turn my fuel mix up to standard and ran like that for a few laps. i pitted for options and came out in 1st. i decided to start posting some fastest laps. i turned my fuel to mix 3 and went for it. 1.23.0. 1.22.9. 1.22.4. things where going well. then 3 laps from the end it all came to a dramatic end Sad leaving turn 3 i spun up the rear tyres which meant i drift wide and picked up marbles on turn 4. leaving turn 4 i turned left brushing the wall ready for turn 5. however brushing turned out to be the wrong word. i got to close and tapped the wall, the car dug in and in and rolled over. my race was over Sad

Alls i could picture was the big cheesy grin on BK and Lindens faces as it came through on the radio. But a great race never the less, and ill have to nuckle down and get those points back Razz

Chickie
BradChick
BradChick

Back to top Go down

Australian GP - Race Report Empty Re: Australian GP - Race Report

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 am

Really Disapointed in my first race Sad

Had a perfect laptime on the prime tires qualifying in 2nd place. And sorry to Linden about qualifying I didn't mean to obstruct any lap times.
Had a very poor start dropping back into 3rd into the first corner
Someone was also constantly rubbing of the back of my car runnig through turns 3,4,5 and 6 eventually causing me to miss my braking point losing a further two places.
With cold prime tires I struggled for grip on the opening lap.
On the second lap I felt comfortable with the car and began to catch the car infront who was on option tires. I really felt the car come to me at the final part of the lap and got a fantastic exit off the final turn and managed to get side by side with the car in front and I passed him into the first turn

Sadly my Internet didn't want to be my friend tonight and it disconnected me from the session Sad
Very disapointed as I felt I really had a strong chance of a podium or even the race win.
Congratulations to the winner of the race and I will hopefully be looking forward for contending for the race win at Malaysia next Sunday

SLyne96

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamesboro1993 (DRT) Mon May 07, 2012 2:43 pm

Quali - 9th

Went straight out on prime's and tried to put a decent lap time in but spun out of the last corner so was 19 seconds off the pace, lost my front wing so had to come in the following lap. Then went back out and tried to do 1 hot lap but slyne got in my way so had to back off, had nothing in me which could challenge for pole.

Race - 3rd

Got off to a typical James start (slow) dropped down a place but by turn 5 i was up 4 places with thanks to Illskills for spinning on turn 2, then I just tried to keep a steady pace behind Fidla until Bk and Laurence had a coming together, so that was another 2 positions gained. Then I made a few daft mistakes going off track which let Linden close right up on me and were racing wheel to wheel for about 3-4 laps, then I pitted and tried to get the undercut but had a slow pit-stop and a scruffy out-lap as tires were freezing! Then just held a steady pace up until 3laps from the end when the leader Chickie destroyed his car so another place gain, then on the next lap the Ferrari went wide and took another place and just held 3rd place crossing the line.
Jamesboro1993 (DRT)
Jamesboro1993 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Australian GP - Race Report Empty Australia Race Report

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2012 7:29 pm

Qual: 4th
I decided on qualifying on opions as part of my race stratagy but struggled to get the performance for the car, I was also concerned about taking to much life out of the tyre's. My first hot lap Slyn got in my way on bend seven I decided to complete the lap to register a time 1:25. I changed my tyre's and got an un blocked lap in of 1:23 but wasn't happy and felt there was more in the bag, again I changed my tyre's for on last attempt on exiting the pit I noticed 2 car heading down the pit straight in my attempt to stay out of the way I tried to brake before turn one, the two car ended up being linden then Lawrence. Linden flew past but I got slightly in lawrences way (sorry mate) but justice was done as Lawrence made it over the start line before the time ran out for another attempt and I was 1 second to slow so a disgruntled 1:23 it was for me.

Race: 6th
As Askfidla said to me at the start of the race "you can't win the race in the first corner but you can lose it" lol lovely, as I went into turn 1 I dropped 1 gear lower than I normally would to guarantee navigating the first bend safely and that cost me big time!!!! As I exited turn 1 I got swarmed the back of my car got tapped (accidentally) and before I knew what was going on I had no front nose left and had to navigate my car back to the pits from turn one 1. I decide to change my strategy as I'd started the race on options as going to try and run prime prime to rescue as many points as poss the first stint went reasonably well I didn't pit again until lap 17 but forgot to chance the tyre choice (I'm still learning) and the pit crew put options on arrhh now I'll need to pit again from the point I just floored it. Bearing in mind how bad my first gp was I'm content with 6th.

Back to top Go down

Australian GP - Race Report Empty thats a shock

Post by BK_1975 (F1 Mod) Tue May 08, 2012 3:59 am

Very bad quail as I only got 8th and that’s not good enough to get ahead of my target.

Great start though as I got up to 4th by the end of the 1st lap and at the first corner on the 2nd lap ,3rd.
I must say to look up and see to my horror , its Laurence (Jebus that’s all I need) in front of me and I know that’s not go as he is a nightmare to pass.
“what do you do , do you put it in lean and go as slow as possible so linden can catch up”

So I ran behind him and got past on start finish straight only to have all of my fears confirmed as BANG hit from behind by SAUBER .
The race was all about staying away from him (as I knew from the start)after that but it wasn’t easy as another two times it nearly went tits up with the same car , but I pressed on anyway as I knew I was faster than him as it showed.

“Jebus”
Lap 26/29 Chickie crashes out and I find myself in 1st with Linden behind.
The only problem was keeping it as I knew linden was happy with 3rd but now he wants 1st as he could see it 3-4 sec in front of him.
Lucky enough see it was all he did and I ran home to 1st,1st,1st.

All in all a good but hard race
BK_1975 (F1 Mod)
BK_1975 (F1 Mod)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11, 2012 9:44 am

Qualified 7th

Race DNF

Not a great qualifying session but i was drafted in to cover an absent driver so it was all about supporting my team mate, got a decent start but i no from experience how messy a first corner can be so i took it easy, told my team mate Illskillsvip that you cant win a race in the first corner but you can definately lose a race in the first corner so i was sad to see him going into the wall just after the first corner ruining his race, i got through the first corner, rubbing a few wheel to wheels and even had a little kiss from Linden but i put my head down and jumped a few at the second corner, from here on i was behind the Ferrari keeping a good pace running lean with James behind me matching my pace, was in 5th place and on lap Four 2nd and 3rd came together at a corner forcing the Ferrari to wide, i got past the spinning cars without any damage and was up into a comfortable second with a nice decent pace, not catching the leader but also not being caught by James in 3rd, by lap 6 my options were starting to go and i new i had to put in a quick in lap, but i pushed to hard going into the fast S, put 1 wheel on the grass and skidded into the wall smashing my car.....Race Over

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down