Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australian GP - Race Reports

Go down

Australian GP - Race Reports Empty Australian GP - Race Reports

Post by F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod) Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:15 am

Please post below...
F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod)
F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod)

Back to top Go down

Australian GP - Race Reports Empty Re: Australian GP - Race Reports

Post by F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod) Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:48 am

Quali - 9th (Didnt set a time)

Race - 5th. Chose to start the race on primes would of only got 7th if i had set a primes lap. Race was a rolling start which took 2 laps for everyone to get into correct qualifying order. then as we were all within 2 or 3 car lengths apart we were all allowed to bolt at the penultimate corner & start our race.

I immediately passed Johan down the pit straight into 8th place then the following lap overtook my teammates reserve drive Dekkadent to gain 7th on entry at the turn 6 chicane & kept Dekkadent behind me as he gradually fell back. 3 seconds up the road was everyone else all on options apart from Phillip, then there was an incident between Fishtech & Phill & Fishtech loses his front wing & i overtake him now in 6th. A few laps later all the option tyre users pit & im not into 2nd with Phillip several seconds ahead & by lap 18 i decide to stay out till lap 21 to try a 2 stop strategy with Phillip trying the same but a lap after he pitted he loses his wing & pits again.

Now on options tyres i need to do 15 laps to lap 36 to pit again for my last stop for primes tyres. I come out the pits in 3rd 15 seconds behind Topman who later pits for options & now into 2nd with him 10 secs behind im shocked to discover Daflukey leading the race yet to pit is 40 secs ahead! 2 laps later he pits for his options & is now 20 secs ahead & everyone have done there last stops too. I now push as hard as i can now as Topman is quickly catching up to me & with 8 laps to go within drs range he loses his kers & i am able to hold him off for 3 laps then his kers comes back, i out brake & oversteer at the penultimate corner & Topman overtakes me down the pit straight & now in 3rdi try my best to stay with him but at the high speed chicance i hit the exit gravel & get sent into the wall with minor front wing damage & going from 3rd to 5th with Mugno & B_j_orn getting past & Phillip 20 secs behind i just get my car through the last few laps to finish the race & afterwards with B_j_orns & Mugno quick pace at the end looked like they would of got past me.
F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod)
F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod)

Back to top Go down