Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car Performance (Top Speed & Accelaration)

Go down

Car Performance (Top Speed & Accelaration) Empty Car Performance (Top Speed & Accelaration)

Post by Guest Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:17 am

You might all want to take a little look at this, obviously this doesn't mean that the fastest car here is the fastest car in F1 2011 because aerodynamics come into play, but it gives you a good idea of which cars are fastest in a straight etc. I recall Capt_Crankshaft pointing out that the Ferrari was very slow to get to its top speed. This is proof...

"What car accelerates fastest under equal circumstances?
Here is the answer of my little research so you don't have to scroll down first:
From fastest to slowest car - 110kph to 310kph in seconds - Difference in frames with car above (1 frame = 0.02sec)

Car Performance (Top Speed & Accelaration) Rank10

First I did a comparison between Mclaren (known to be fast) and Ferrari (known to be slow). I added Force India, because I'm driving with that myself.

I did 6 runs with each of the 3 cars (so 18 runs total).

I put those runs on the timeline of my video-editing software. Startframe was 110kph (if not present I took the frame with 109 kph), the endpoint was the frame with 310kph. I didn't pick 100kph because sometimes I arrived with 99 and sometimes with 101.

Comparing the 6 runs of each car, I saw only 1 frame difference on the 6 runs with McLaren, 1 instance of 2 frames difference at Ferrari and 1 frame difference on the Force India.

I was curious about the other 9 cars. I decided to do 3 runs per car, due to the consistency of the runs of the first 3 cars, but still had a way to check if I didn't fall asleep and lifted the throttle a little performing the test for the n-th time.
------

Back to the Video-Edit

I cut all runs seperately, and put them above eachother. If 2 runs were of the same length, I took one of those runs, and ignored the 3rd run. If the 3 runs differed from eachother, I took the average one. In case of the 6 runs cars I took what happened most frequently.

Then came the part I was looking forward to: Putting them in order, and in some cases surprised myself. In the video edit timeline it looks like this (Shorter = quicker, longer = more time = slower)

Car Performance (Top Speed & Accelaration) Timeli11

Summarizing the results in one short video, you'll get the following results...

Back to top Go down

Car Performance (Top Speed & Accelaration) Empty Re: Car Performance (Top Speed & Accelaration)

Post by Admin Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:02 am

this is all good n well.... very well presented and well researched.. but..

Did you use Default setup ?
Every time you tested was it clear weather ? ie no wind and same temp on track.
was it an Online test?

interesting tho I admit.

Cheers
ADMIN
Admin
Admin

https://f1ps3league.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Car Performance (Top Speed & Accelaration) Empty Re: Car Performance (Top Speed & Accelaration)

Post by Guest Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:10 am

Default setup was used yes to make it all equal and the same setup for each car
The weather was set to clear with the same conditions each time I believe and it was conducted online

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:47 pm

Good job Admin..very informative and interesting at the same time. Will be looking into that, thats for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:29 pm

Just wanted to say that this is a great analyse of Cookster and really makes sense.
In case of Straight Line Speed this is absolutely matching my findings.
The Force India is known to be the fastest car on straights,a lot of leagues already mentioned that.
Also the merc is known to be very fast on straights, but has his problems in cornering.
The Ferrari is the weakest on straights, not too bad in cornering.
We all know that aerodynamics are important, but in straight line speed this is a clear evidence.
Thanks to cookster for the good work/analyse.

Dark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down