Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Demo - Thoughts & Opinions

4 posters

Go down

Demo - Thoughts & Opinions Empty Demo - Thoughts & Opinions

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:33 pm

Racers,

So, the game has been out for a day (2 for some). What do you all think it is like? More realistic? A huge improvement on 2011? Post what you think of it below...

Back to top Go down

Demo - Thoughts & Opinions Empty Re: Demo - Thoughts & Opinions

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:43 pm

I'll try and make this as short as possible.

I did the YDT first and it was ok, not blown away but it was cool i suppose

Decided to do the season challenge at monza, for the life of me i couldnt find the go to race option, i saw the option to view the hot lap, i selected it
then found the go to race option, i now know it is on the bottom in the main hub, should of been more clearer.
Went to loading screen and it froze!!!!!!!!! had to hard re set ps3.

Started season challenge again and i was awful, just couldnt get to grips with it and was all over the place, qualified last, i however enjoyed the race
but i finished 18th with a fastest lap of 1.28.7 yes, very poor in deed.

I then turned it off and downloaded the fifa demo instead where i promptly got beat 1-0

My thoughts:-

Despise the understeer with a passion

I seem to braking earlier than what i should and in 2011 i brake early as it is, in 2012 i seem to be braking a cars length earlier confused

Dont like the KERS, dont like the engine sound whilst using it and the second you stop using it, it feels like your car dies

An unbelievable step backwards for wheel users in my opinion

Car way to twitchy although feel wheel settings will adjust this

To summarise

the game is ok but the understeer is at the moment a gamebreaker for me, i feel if the handling was the same as 2011 then the game would be
a 100% improvement and an overall awesome game to boot, there have fixed the understeer issues but not from release of the game.
we will have to wait for the first patch i feel and god knows when that will be, probably december/january

Back to top Go down

Demo - Thoughts & Opinions Empty Pad User

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:09 pm

I Think the Driver test thing is to easy .
I use a pad and can't get any good laps in handling is alot tuffer aldo could it be the Williams ? on the driver test thing handling felt good but i think for pad users wheel to wheel racing is gonna be alot harder .
Its only a Demo and might not be the same as the game . hard to say if better or not but i do like it from what ive seen on the Demo handling physcics do seem more realistic im glad im getting a wheel cause i do think wheel to wheel racing will be alot harder on 2012 . was also braking alot earlyer than 2011 monza .

Roll on F1 2012 hate waiting scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:07 am

I agree, the cornering seems alot better in YDT than in a race or free run, i use a wheel
And no assists, the twitchiness can be sorted in wheel settings i hope, and im praying and hoping the understeer can be sorted with a custom set up, probably wont though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:59 am

I had to adjust the wheel saturation to 15% before I could even keep the williams in a straight line. I like the way the car understeers and how you can't brake and turn at the same time. I like that you must use the brakes more than downshifting to slow the car down. I have no problems with braking and turning. But trying to go down the straights at Monza, the front end dances back n forth. But I had no problems at all with the McLaren in free run at Yas Marina. I didn't feel as connected to the car as in 2011. Even using the wheel, I felt like I was using a controller.

I was hoping for more visual cues that you are locking up the tires. I thought tires were going to smoke in 2012. I could have sworn I saw that in one of the vids.

The kers is strange. Not sure what's more realistic; the kers in 2011 or 2012. But I'll get used to it.

I didn't notice much of an improvement in the PS3 graphics. Cars are still very pixelated. Textures still don't have much detail and everything has a generic cartoonish feel. The vids I saw of the XBox version looked much better. I like the repositioning of the cockpit cam but the cockpit looks bad and has an odd perspective. The puddles in the wet look much better.

You can't adjust fuel mix or brake bias or setup or tires (notice they tell you you're using options at Monza, but you have primes) and no damage or rules. So I'm hoping the demo is from a much earlier version

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamesboro1993 (DRT) Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:02 am

I found you have way more grip on this years game which with the regulations as they are that shouldn't be the case. The steering is a lot more sensitive and me using a pad, it doesn't make the driving look as smooth. It does feel as though the car just looses power once you come of the kers. The sound of the car is much improved and the lap times are a lot more realistic but in the full game with setup's, you could probably match what we were doing in 2011.
Jamesboro1993 (DRT)
Jamesboro1993 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Post by BradChick Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:27 am

just thought id upload one of my first attempts Very Happy

James you said more grip? that might be the case on a pad but not on a wheel Smile id say it is much better, much more realistic. less grip at slower speeds, and more going faster.

Also if you have a wheel, put the Steering Linearity to 25%. this fixes everything with steering. my wheel is a driving force gt but hopefully will work on others.

Chickie
BradChick
BradChick

Back to top Go down

Demo - Thoughts & Opinions Empty A step forward for Codemasters

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:54 am

After downloading the demo I'm really happy with what Codemasters have done with the game. In my view, they have made the game far more challenging and it will actually truly show who is fast or not.
There are some slight problems at the moment such as the car being very twitchy on straights but I've sorted that out on my Steering Wheel in the settings.

Good Points-
-Game has been made harder, AI actually pass and cars are challenging to drive on the limit.
-Aero seems to have a huge effect the cars balance now!
-Brakes don't seem to lock as easy and brake bias is fantastic
-Love the upscaled graphics and sound
-The parc ferme style entrance (ydt intro) seems cool and hope it appears in all races
-The more cinematic approach to the game is great.
-Love the new camera angles
-Grip seems more realistic this year with good balance on high speed corners and low balance in the slow ones
-The Hud looks far better, something small but feels more like TV presentation now
-The penalty system has been improved a good bit but there are still some corners that can be cut Sad
-The gravel and tarmac traps actually slow the cars down now Very Happy

All in all, the game is a huge improvement but this game will most certainly prove who is the fastest driver as it is going to take a lot of skill to master this game!

:SLyne96:

Back to top Go down

Post by F1R3PUNCH Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:56 am

For those who think the New Game has too much Understeer:

Actually, what is happening in F1 2012 version, is that they fixed the Gearbox Problem that F1 2011 had which obviously all of us got used to.

The problem with F1 2011 was that Gearbox aided braking a lot more, meaning you could slam down the gears and the speed would drop drastically which improved the cornering ability.

In F1 2012 gearbox does not aid the cornering as much, they made it so that everyone actually used the Brakes properly, and now it will be much more important to enter the corner at the right speed and at the right gear, in order to make the corner fast and efficient.

So, the physics is revised and much closer to real life feel. I believe that this new physics will bring much more realistic lap times to F1 2012 game, and gap between driver skills should be much tighter with improved consistency.

Just needs time to get used to it, and get a good grip before the new season starts. Smile

New game feels different, feels challenging and I'm liking it so far.
F1R3PUNCH
F1R3PUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:57 am

The difficulty is way to easy pole-win every time on the hardest difficulty, had to qualify in last to make it difficult and even then I had caught up to the leaders and finished 3rd another lap and I would have won, the breaking is hard to get to grips with have to break a mile before the first corner just to make it. they've reduced the impact on traction control which is better and makes it more realistic, should be the better one but I think it might take me a while to get used to it because at the moment on the demo I can't quite match the pace I could do on 2011, already per-ordered it so bring 2012 on !!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:00 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:42 am

@malske

You do use options, pirelli changed the compunds this year, last year the yellow marked tyres were options this year options are the white marked tyres and the primes are the silver marked tyres Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vernon-ator_1991 Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:45 am

Genarel_Dread wrote:@malske

You do use options, pirelli changed the compunds this year, last year the yellow marked tyres were options this year options are the white marked tyres and the primes are the silver marked tyres Smile

Yeah malaske, the options at monza are the medium tyres (White marked tyre), the primes then being the Hard's (Silver marked tyre). Obviously at other tracks the marked tyres will be different.
Vernon-ator_1991
Vernon-ator_1991

Back to top Go down

Demo - Thoughts & Opinions Empty tyres

Post by BradChick Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:57 am

i thought they had Yellow for options, white for primes (medium) and then silver for hard :/ confused
BradChick
BradChick

Back to top Go down

Post by Vernon-ator_1991 Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:01 am

BradChick wrote:i thought they had Yellow for options, white for primes (medium) and then silver for hard :/ confused

Options (Softer tyre available for that track), Prime (Harder tyre available for that track)

All the tyres they have are Super-Soft (Red), Soft (Yellow), Medium (White) and Hard (Silver). So for example if the 2 tyres available are the Super-Soft (Red) & Soft (Yellow), that will mean that the Super-Soft is the Option tyre & the Soft is the Prime tyre.
Vernon-ator_1991
Vernon-ator_1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:20 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTQB58bvG6M&feature=youtu.be

Steering linearity was set at 100% for this as i wanted to try it out and no sound because i had headphones in..
Basically this is just a video showing what happens if you use DRS and hit a kerb funny, enjoy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:59 am

I know this isn't really related to the demo but the full game will feature NO tyre scaling, for those who don't know what this means.. basically, the tyre will wear at the same rate at 50% as they do at 100%. This has been confirmed by the devs and for those who play Career, there will only be one practice session.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down