Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CONNECTION LESSONS

3 posters

Go down

CONNECTION LESSONS Empty CONNECTION LESSONS

Post by Admin Fri May 25, 2012 1:30 pm

Ok guys im gunna give you the heads up on the Connection Problems we are having.

FIrst of all, dont take my word for it, look it up yourself.

PING ;-)

Its all about the PING.
It has nothing 'what so ever' to do with Upload speed or Download speed.

ITS PING OK !

I have been on the phone to BT. and Iv been on the Phone to Codemasters Both said it was each others problem but i quizzed them, i got through to a guy in Tech Dep. at BT and asked him online gaming questions, instantly he asked what 'ping' i had? erh what? same again at CM a lady put me through to tech dep. in there, took a while but the same reply i got was Ping mate. mmmmmmmmmmm....

I have also contact a mate of mine from facebook and he has phoned me tonight to confirm what iv been told by these company's. I asked my mate wtf has Ping got to do with Onlinegaming ? he said Everything why? I asked him to phone me... he did ;-)

Ok so first of all ..... PING between each other needs to be below 100ms.. 50ms is good Less the Better.

SO .. The Only way you are going to get a settled Race No LAG is if all PING between each other Stays under 100ms at all times , Aim for 50ms and all will be good. No i trust this buddy who phoned he workes for MOD and knows his shit.

Im Just letting you uys know what I'v found out to be true thats all..
what guys do with it is up to you.
I would suggest Using that www.speedtest.net and test PINGS between each others Server.
PAIN in the ARSE i know..

TIPS..

1 - Get a list from all drivers of the Server they Ping when they use www.speedtest.net
2 - Now ask all drivers to PING the other 13 drivers Server and Note the PING to them and post results.
3 - Some clever sod then has to work out What server to use to make sure all 14 drivers are under 100ms.

THIS IS THE ONLY TRUE WAY TO TEST ONLINE GAMING FOR LAGG & LOST CONNECTIONS.
You got it ;-)

Info I also Found when BT mentioned PING.

"""ping (not to be confused with frames per second) refers to the network latency between a player's computer (client), and either the game server or another client (i.e. peer). This could be reported quantitatively as an average time in milliseconds, or qualitatively as low ping or high ping. The latter usage is common among players of first-person shooter and real-time strategy games. Having a low ping is always desirable because lower latency provides smoother gameplay by allowing faster updates of game data.
Ping is often conflated with lag. One may "lag out" due to unacceptably high ping. Servers will often disconnect a client if the ping is too high and it poses a detriment to others' gameplay. Similarly, client software will often mandate disconnection if the ping is too high. A high ping is not the result of lag; rather, a high ping causes lag.""""

Admin
Admin

https://f1ps3league.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

CONNECTION LESSONS Empty Re: CONNECTION LESSONS

Post by dizzymind Fri May 25, 2012 5:36 pm

well, this doesnt come as a surprise to me,

in games such as battlefield you can monitor at all times how much ping you and the other players have. actually most servers kick you if you get over a sertain amount of ping.

dizzymind
dizzymind

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 11:55 pm

Great info but useless unless someone finds out how to lower your ping.

Until then we're all still in the same boat as now

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 26, 2012 12:07 am

its not really about getting the lowest ping possible its about getting everybody UNDER 100ms ping.
see once the server pics up for example "f1punch" is pinging us at 130ms+ from Russia then he will LAG and cause others to LAG and probably get kicked out due to server kickin him.
but He connects to Ambassor at under 100ms and so does some of the UK guys ping ambassor at UNDER 100ms so we all should be good ;-) the LOWEST ping is only good for you individually if your playing COD or some first person shooter. I mean yeh If we all pinged out at 10ms or 6ms then great but we dont.

its justs some advice i was given.
lol
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by X_Adam-_-1993_X Sat May 26, 2012 12:14 am

my pings at 47ms
X_Adam-_-1993_X
X_Adam-_-1993_X

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 26, 2012 12:49 am

OR codemasters could sort out the ********************** server. Cos i never, NEVER had 1 single connection problem in 11.5 months of playing F1 2010. Not a single disconnect or lag issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 26, 2012 1:06 am

I agree CM need dedicated servers but they have announced they dont have the funding for it, so we aint really going to see an improvement on the new game apart from they up the PING bracket before the PS server kicks you, its out of there hands they say. So we have to start sorting it out ourselves ;-)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 26, 2012 1:36 am

Ye but what has happened, cos f1 2010 was 100% fine in server terms. So what have they ****** around with that ruined it for 2011?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down