Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia Petronas Grand Prix

Go down

Malaysia Petronas Grand Prix Empty Malaysia Petronas Grand Prix

Post by Guest Tue May 15, 2012 9:30 am

Quali - 6th
Had an ok session. Made a mistake on final run so decided to save my primes as I knew I had reasonable pace and laps on them. Obviously, qualifying from the midfield isn't always so good but a good start and a long run down to turn 1 was something I had stored in my mind for the race. Pole position was a 1:27:700 and I was only 0.6 tenths off it on primes and him being on options. Could have achieved pole on optioons but points are dished out on a race day

Race - 3rd

Got off to a good start initially but had little to do with it at turn 1. Gave a few cars room and then a Renault clattered into me. A Merc went very wide at turn 1 and rejoined infront of me but was squeezed by him into the Renault which was scary to say the least. Have to say it was an extremely enjoyable race with tonnes of battling. Strategy seemed good but being held up cost me on the first few laps. Much of the same for 30+ laps really. On my last option stint, I began catching the Mercs at about 0.5 per lap. Was fuel saving through sector 2 aswell which was quite good. I caught Tardis at the second to last corner before the back straight, saw a gap and went for it. He had initially slammed the door shut on the previous corners which was to be expected really. I then had 2nd going down the back straight. Great, i thought. I then get my braking point perfect and hit my apex and then guess what? Tardis hit me. Enough said LOL! Should have had 2nd but the driver without a brain and CAPS LOCK jammed on his computer got 2nd place. The keyboard warrior came home 3rd. Disappointed to have lost out on 2nd to no fault of my own. And there was me thinking that it was clean. Indeed it was until the last lap. See you all in China! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Malaysia Petronas Grand Prix Empty Kuala Lumpur

Post by Guest Tue May 15, 2012 9:57 am

qualy-5th done a 1.28.2 on primes which i was very happy with.

race-1st 2nd win in a row had a great start i was in 2nd at the end of turn 2 i was chasing ud war for 5laps then made a mistake and got embroiled in a battle with blitz and john got overtook by both them pitted earlier than both of them and jumped them after the pits was chasing down tardis til the end finally over took him and defended like a dog til the end

Back to top Go down