Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spa Race REVIEW

3 posters

:: Archives :: Season 1 :: RACE REPORT

Go down

Spa Race REVIEW Empty Spa Race REVIEW

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:14 pm

part1 mickw 1m 52secs 4 wheels off
bestintheworld55 2min 05secs 4 wheels off
john larkin 4min 50secs 4wheels off
john larkin 5.15secs 4 wheels off
steff 5min 15secs 4 wheels off
rob-lee77 14min 17secs 4 wheels off
part2
bestintheworld55 10min 05secs 4 wheels off
part3
bestintheworld55 10min 12secs 4 wheels off
STEVO 7min 57 secs&8min 07secs.might need lookin at as those two 4 wheel off track incedents could have lead to extra speed up the hill which resulted in u overtaking the ferarri.nothings decided though stevo,just investigated

part3 11min 12secs overtaking inncident between john and best will be looked at and investigated.

i,d like to add watching the video,there were some great close wheel to wheel stuff,everyone did really well gr8 driving guys.time to get some stability in our league and make it the best
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Spa Race REVIEW Empty Missed?

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:20 pm

Car jumps chicane on part 2 of the footage - Lap 15/22 (Bus Stop chicane)

Back to top Go down

Spa Race REVIEW Empty corner cut

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:43 pm

come on john buddy.seriously.it was a cut but borderline not blatant.watch the video there are some borderline cuts which i did,nt add but the one you found was the guy who,s under investigation with you.i will mention it.feel free to go through the whole video and name everyone.
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Spa Race REVIEW Empty Re: Spa Race REVIEW

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:04 pm

Yeah but people running wide on the first corner in Quali is blatant and someone decided to say if you cut the corner and run wide deliberately for a better run up Eau Rouge than you'd occur a penalty (Going out of quali early due to mechanical failure meant i spectated every driver). This means that different rules are being used in Quali than the race. More to the point, Stopper said that Gnh, after Germany, was diving up into corners intimidating other drivers. Stopper branded this POOR SPORTSMANSHIP and ACTUALLY AN ACT OF BULLYING which is fair enough. So, not only are we using different rules between races, we're doing it inbetween sessions AND this guy jumps the chicane without any competitors around him AND i do it in Nurburgring with Mick whilst racing him and i go under investigation. I'm not being a twat i just want clarifcation as to what the hell is going on because it seems that different views are being taken on different races for different drivers.

Back to top Go down

Spa Race REVIEW Empty why investigated

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:35 pm

a dont see how it shud b investigated i took him fair and square

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:38 pm

Well then surely ill be penalised and you'll be praised for racing fairly. Thats if the racing steward/panel is ran by Stevie Wonder!!!

Back to top Go down

Spa Race REVIEW Empty f1

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:46 pm

have u seen the video u brake too early and i outbrake u

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:53 pm

I have track position and you barge your way through the chicane. I cant turn in because thats UNSPORTSMAN like but you cant come from so far back and slam your brakes on like that at the chicane. Like Stopper said, its "an act of bullying" and he was a moderator before he was replaced. It's so much easier to bitch on this. We dont you make it a goal to get a mic or an old eye-toy camera to use for races because that way you'll make my race easier and by the sounds of it your team mate who got held up and your tyres!

Back to top Go down

Spa Race REVIEW Empty f1 future

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:05 pm

i have a mic and a joined the 4 a bit of gd racing but if this the way people are gunna react a might just quit it was my first race withs u's not exactly makin me feel welcome

Back to top Go down

Post by MickWalker355 Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:21 pm

Best don't leave on what's happened. It was your first race things happen see what the fia say and move on to the next race in the championship

MickWalker355

Back to top Go down

Spa Race REVIEW Empty f1

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:27 pm

hes saying i shud get a penalty but if any shud get a penalty its him he turned in on me on that chicane

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:29 am

but thats what am saying.. You can't do that if i have track position. Especially going into a chicane. i understand a will to finish as high as possible. Its like Hamilton and Massa at the last corner of the last lap of British Grand Prix. But you can't try sending one up the inside in a second part of the chicane. 2 into 1 at any chicane doesn't work. NOT AT GERMANY-NOT AT HUNGARY-NOT AT SPA-NOT AT MONZA-NOT IN ABU DHABI.
No one has said you should leave but we're not getting the red carpet out. Hopefully, you team mate made you feel welcome but you cant expect people who are half way through a championship make you feel welcome because you'll be waiting for a while. And every driver is nearly under investigation through races. Its something you have to get used to. I doesn't mean you'll be given a penalty.

Back to top Go down

Spa Race REVIEW Empty john&bestintheworld55 plz read

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:27 am

just for the record i,m not gonna recommend the stevo inccident for review as i think he gained no real advantage.
my take on the best pass on john is this.the final chicane is a legit overtaking area.john left the door open for bestinthworld.he placed his car on the second apex of the chicane.then john turns into best.and the rest is history.we discourage rash overtaking at the start of a race because the likely hood of a crash is greatly increased,in this case you took a defensive line but he was in the corner b4 u got there he did,nt touch u on the way in.you were the only 2 cars on that part of the track.it seems like an open closed case to me i will see what the rest think,and refer up to linden to get his view,but i,d be surprised if they see it much different mate
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Spa Race REVIEW Empty My two peneth for wot its worth??

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:02 pm

I've watched the video, and to be honest i saw that john was defending the inside line into the first apex, but when someone is taking that defence u really have to get off the racing line to the inside of the track on the second apex straight away..the door was left open and needed closing (i know coz mick did it to me the other day lol) ...when John's turn in did come it was too late, best had already parked himself there..it was a bold, but fair overtake in my opinion..and i bet john wont let anybody else overtake him there again...defend this chicane in future john by staying in the centre of the track..creating indecision in the chasing car as to whether to take the inside or outside line...more often than not they pull out of the attempted overtake..(why the hell i didnt take my own advice when Mick overtook me i'll never know..yet another senior moment i guess...well i am 41 and remember the Betamax Video, hey!! i do quite well to get up down the stairs)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:14 pm

Finally! i think his team mate is the (Mansell) only person who can make analysis without sounding arrogant and inaccurate. The guy was overtaken and he had heavy damage according to my screen and was running low on fuel (ENGINEER SAID SO). I can understand why it might look like a good overtake but you cant just stamp on the brakes and hope for the best. and send one up the inside of a chicane. It doesn't work at any track. Maybe at a push it works in Germany but not here or at Hungary because its too tight.
And if i did turn in too early then i would have cut him off. The thing which has annoyed me though is that Stopper said (after Germany race on here) that doing that was like "Bullying" and "poor sportsmanship". So what exactly is the difference. I understand it was the last lap but he came across me at Blanchimont (the long left) and he nearly barged me off their. My arrow didnt show to the last minute so i was just taking my line.

Back to top Go down

Spa Race REVIEW Empty on&on&on&on

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:47 pm

what bit of my answer sounds arrogant,pot and kettle springs to mind,i,ve spoke to mansellsmum i made the point to hin first,maybe he worded it better,i,m not by any means arrogant just don,t take any bull and call it as i see it,this is how i see this stop the constant griping if you think its just me that thinks this your so wrong,maybe you should see if you get the vote to do this job as i,m so poor.i did,nt want long drawn out discussions on the website,but you got an answer for everything.
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Spa Race REVIEW Empty my final word

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:55 pm

by the way john talking of innacurate info it was you on the inside of the chicane not him sending it up the inside.he went outside you then parked his car on the second part of the chicane the left hander.it is arrogant of you to think john knows best.i will talk to you online mate as this is,nt getting anywhere
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Spa Race REVIEW Empty has an answer for everything

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:37 am

john have u seen the video u braked miles 2 early i had every right 2 go around the outside if the roles were reversed ur telling me u wudnt of done the same corse u wud any1 wud of a think yr just gunna have 2 accept it u know it was a gd overtake i was already parked on the second apex before u even turned in as far as i'm concerned case closed

Back to top Go down

Spa Race REVIEW Empty ADMIN's thoughts

Post by Admin Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:59 am

"STEVO 7min 57 secs&8min 07secs.might need lookin at as those two 4 wheel off track incedents could have lead to extra speed up the hill which resulted in u overtaking the ferarri.nothings decided though stevo,just investigated"

On this possible investigation Admin has reviewed the footage and the conclusion I came to is the Ferrari in front Also cut the Whole of Eau Rouge out, so I dont feel "Stevo" made any time, although he did over take the ferrari on the straight I feel the ferrari either missed a gear or had a moment at the top of the hill and backed out, If you look at the ferrari in front you will see they also cut out Eau Rouge.

The rest of the "moments" in ADMINS eyes are mistakes of underbraking and/or genuine mistakes,
Admin does'nt feel that any punishment should come about front he Spa Race.

Good racing guys, keep it up. ;-)

*Please please stop Winding each other up in here tho,
There is an APPEAL room topic set up for this sort of discussion
and also there is an FiA board that will look at Appeals.
So Get on with each other, calm down, take deep breaths..... ;-)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ALSO ....

RACE REPORTS SHOULD LOOK SOMETHING LIKE THIS

"Qualifying - 8th
Race - 5th

With the unfortunate engine-fire demise of Linden before qualifying, due to a Ferrari mechanic filling his car up with spaghetti instead of petrol, I was left to make my début in Pro League, on my worst track of the season, alone in the deep end!

Having never found a good setup or rhythm around the Hungaroring on any game at any point in my life, getting 8th place in qualifying didn't surprise me at all. A 1:16.1 on prime tyres seemed fairly respectable, but given I was over 2 seconds off pole, I clearly had a lot of room for improvement beyond being on the slower compound

The race started cleanly enough, managing to avoid the brief scuffle that took place at the 1st corner. Making a place up to 7th, I held my ground for the first 3 laps or so, going into Fuel Mix 1 immediately. I was despatched by Dark swiftly on Lap 4, making his way back through the field. After some of the front runners pitted off their qualy softs, I found myself up in a miraculous 3rd (initially thinking a lot of people had suddenly disconnected haha). On lap 7, I found myself racing with Wootton. With my tyres quickly deteriorating, I had to defend well against him, and was holding on bravely. Having taken the defensive line into Turn 4, I was slightly slower than desired into Turn 5, but had made sure I took the best line I could, upon which I suddenly got a clout on the right from him, sending us both off the track. I lost time and a couple of positions, but these things happen, and Wootton got a drive-through penalty, so hopefully nothing more needs to be said (it's not as if I was going to finish higher than I ultimately did )

The rest of the race became a matter of churning through the laps as consistently as I could, closing up or occasionally going past others due to my out-of-sync pit strategies. The SC coming out was helpful for me to close back up on the pack, though I slowly fell away again by about 2 seconds a lap haha

Finishing 5th in my first Pro League race, even with a couple of notable absences from the field was encouraging, given I struggle at Hungary so comparatively much. I enjoyed the experience

Well done to Cookster for another solid win,
All the best,
Capt_Crankshaft"
-------------------------------------------------------------

cheers
ADMIN
Admin
Admin

https://f1ps3league.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Spa Race REVIEW Empty its a joke

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:23 am

i,m feeling like giving up my position in admin i put lots of effort in watching races reviewing video writing down inncidents.spending hours on the site doing my best and getting dis respected.its a joke.3 days on from spa and j larkin is still banging on about it.i noted the inncident i told him i would get together with the others i told him my thoughts on the inncident,am i arrogant?is my idea of racing distorted watch the larkin best inccident tell me what you think.i,ve got an open mind if i,m wrong i will quit,but i,m not getting into these bitchy arguments every race.you made your point 10 comments ago john let the rest sort itself out.
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:26 am

Exactly but we dont even know this guy. He could be Gnh. He could Ipswich for all you people know!and without a mic he couldn't discuss this in a reasonable manner over a chat and he couldn't communicate with Mansell. I apologise to the people who aren't involved in this but i refuse to type message after message on PSN using a pad.. I didnt brake early, i braked for my corner and had my line as i overtook him through the lefthander. The comment wasn't aimed at you Rob. All im saying is this guy jumps the chicane on lap 15 and faces no investigation. I ride the chicane at Germany when racing with Mick (Mick also rode the chicane a little after reviewing the video and this wasn't mentioned) and then its deemed "not blatant"... Whether a corner is cut or not he "defined the bounds of the circuit" and was not within the white lines.
Are there new rules and exceptions now we have a new moderator?

Back to top Go down

Spa Race REVIEW Empty to j larkin

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:33 am

i think the rules need changing
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Spa Race REVIEW Empty john

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:38 am

accept my f request we can have a quick chat
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:43 am

Im not calling you arrogant and i understand that you spend time doing this and i appreciate your ambition on wanting it to be the best league etc.
I dont think you should leave on any terms Rob. And i am sorry for those people who completed the race without fault because there are a lot less incidents than in recent races. BUT, i want to talk to him and sort it out, exchange version of events and when i do his attitude is "YOU BRAKED EARLY, I BEAT YOU, BE QUIET". So its difficult to not be annoyed at this incident and not least his attitude. I dont mind aggressive drivers or even arrogant drivers in races but when they're relayed on the site, that is what pisses me off. Plus, all 10+ drivers would be annoyed if i started a debate whilst racing hence the reason i didn't want to drag others into the debate. Mick won the race - i congratulated him many times. It would have looked even worse if i started talking about that incident in the lobby especially when everyone else was talking. It would've been unfair on the others so i said nothing and said my thoughts on this site.

Back to top Go down

Spa Race REVIEW Empty f1

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:52 am

john we need 2 sort this out finally ill put my mic on and we'll go in a chat room and discuss our versions of events and a hope we can put this behind us

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:01 am

Good ill look forward to it. Im out for abit now but MIGHT be back at 8 for practise. If so we'll do practise and then we'll talk then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down