Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spanish GP - Race Report

2 posters

Go down

Spanish GP - Race Report Empty Spanish GP - Race Report

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:20 am

Here is my video about the start. I do not know what happened. I was a little bit astonished. You can hear my voice.

https://youtu.be/ZxxWjux-vvM

Back to top Go down

Spanish GP - Race Report Empty My race view

Post by BradChick Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:10 am

Quali 2nd. Love the rain. i set a first lap time which got me second. i was on a quicker lap (0.500) but then spun on the hurpin. Excellent driving by my team mate. we obviously both like the wet so lets hope for more of it.

Race 2nd, however taking 3rd Smile
Got a good start moving to first. something happend and a safety car was out. apparently 3 cars destroyed. not much happend from then except staying in first till the late stages.

The last 3-4 laps were great. wheel to wheel with 1st, 2nd and 3rd. unfortunatly this was only going in one direction, and that was bad. bk ran out of fuel and kindly moved over. i got squeezed out and nearly took out laurence. then a few corners later a did as i got caught short on the brakes. turning to avoid him and nudged his back and he spun.
im happy giving the place back. but not to sure who is going to turn out in what position as others made a lot of mistakes.

sorry to laurence, and we all need to chill in the lobby after the race! Laurence feels he is being "picked on" but thats deffinatly not the case. we just speak our mind as we want the best points we can. laurence holds back, but laurence please appeal for more stuff. even if it is against me! i dont mind, as i heard you say i cut you up. i probably did somewhere as we all make mistakes.

FIA are going to be busy this week and im looking foward to the replays Smile

See you in monaco for another great race. Thanks
Chickie
BradChick
BradChick

Back to top Go down

Spanish GP - Race Report Empty Catalunya Grand Prix

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:14 am

Qualified - 8th
Rain rain go away, this is the second worst thing to happen the first is a wet race only because I did have time to sort out a wet setup, so bearing this in mind 8th was about right for me.

Race - 4th
At last I nail a start to a race I was away and flying from the start line what happen next was just short of madness, flying down the outside of a cluster of cars I had BK in my sights then ilc4mad nudged the back of my car sending it into a spin leading to a 4 car pile up to which I was the only surviver, the race restarted behind a safety car and I was last. I clawed my way up the field having great wheel to wheel driving with linden, BK and smalaski.
Managed to take 4th so I suppose I can't complain under the circumstances, 12 points is a decent return.

Back to top Go down

Spanish GP - Race Report Empty Re: Spanish GP - Race Report

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:10 pm

Qualifying 1st
Did a few laps and was in 5th. Adjusted my wings a bit and went out for 2 more laps. The car felt great. I saw purple in all 3 sectors and was a little surprised actually.

Race 6th
I really cant say for sure where it all unravelled. I struggled with tyres and fuel most of the race.
The lights went out. 1st gear, 2nd gear, 4th gear. Wait! what happened to 3rd gear?! The car bogged out and I slowed. Chickie came up the inside. I gave as much fight as I dare without touching him, but he had me. When we got to turn 2, the safety car was called. I didn't know what happened till the race was over.

Safety car came in. Chickie was about 2 seconds in front and Laurence 1.5 behind me and it stayed like that till my stop on lap 9. I came out following THEE MASK with Linden right behind us. I wanted to get a good exit onto the straight to pass MASK and got caught out when he slowed. I locked my rears and spun. I just caught a glimpse of Linden wizzing by.

A few laps later I check the fuel and it say's -1lap. And I have only done 1 lap on mix 3 and rest on mix 2. Fuel gauge would read optimal and I was running mix 2. A lap later fuel would be -1 lap and I'd have to go down to mix 1. I was going between mix 1 & 2 every other lap for half the race. Is it my driving? Too much wheel spin? Over revving the engine?

Illskills and BK caught me just before my second stop. I came out of my final stop in 6th and that's where I stayed.

Really disappointing. I still have much to learn. But congrats to Chickie for a podium. Wish I could have been up there with him.

Back to top Go down

Spanish GP - Race Report Empty Catalunya race review - Williams in a spin!

Post by Reddweasel Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:11 am

Round five and Williams are struggling with a driver defection by Malaske Williams had nowhere to turn but to the rookie Reddweasel who had only had few hours in a Lotus (thats enough for anybody!). Looking forward to joining a new team there has unfortunately been no sign of the lead driver Seansri. A positive note is that 2 points were picked up by the rookie in Catalunya after a fortunate (for Williams) 3 car wipe out at the first corner. After the SC the Reddweasel did get the better of bk and hit the heady hights of 4th position but only for 2 corners before going wide onto the gravel at turn 4. From there it got worse from which lessons need to be learnt with regards to tyre conservation and rythym. Reddweasel acknowledged that Catalunya was one of his least favourite tracks and remains positive in picking up points over the coming months. He also hopes to see his teammate at the next round in a couple of weeks.
Reddweasel
Reddweasel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:14 am

Bonefishtrader wrote:Here is my video about the start. I do not know what happened. I was a little bit astonished. You can hear my voice.

Looking at Bonefishtrader's video, it appears me missing 3rd gear at the start was the the beginning of a chain reaction of events.

Sorry Bonefishtrader.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum