Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abu Dhabi Race Reports

2 posters

Go down

Abu Dhabi Race Reports Empty Abu Dhabi Race Reports

Post by Reddweasel Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:47 am

Not a good end to the season.

Qualified 8th with a relatively poor 1:37.0. I had got down to a 1:36.5 in previous practices and felt I could get into the 1:35's however not to be.

On the grid and I couldn't hear the car's engine, I could hear everyone elses but not mine. Played about with my volumes during the first few corners and on the long straight and got slightly in the way of Thee Mask (I think); sorry about that mate. Anyhow tried the volume on the TV as well to see if I could drive without the headset but nothing. Spent the next two laps playing with my volume settings and trying to get the stewards attention but nothing. As I was concerned of effecting others people's race; I pitted on lap 3 and retired.
Not a good end to my first season especially after a pitstop mistake (wets on in a dry race!) that I swear was a glitch in Korea and a wet race to forget (I deservedly received a drive through penalty) in India and now a forced retirement due to a technical problem I hope that's the end of my bad run before we start 2012, as my old auntie used to say; all things come in threes!
Reddweasel
Reddweasel

Back to top Go down

Abu Dhabi Race Reports Empty Re: Abu Dhabi Race Reports

Post by Jamesboro1993 (DRT) Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:57 am

Quali - 2nd.

Didn't really do any training for this race and used my McLaren setup. Was really surprised to be in 2nd just 2tenths off Chickie. Was good for my promotional status.

Race - DNF.

Got off the grid well, maintained 2nd place. Lap 2 I think it was, illskills my main rival took me on the straight, he was slightly faster than me and then lap 4/5, skills spun and I nearly spun when I see him facing the wrong way, then the rest of the race I was just alone racing with myself. Lap 25/28 I thought to myself ''it looks like ill be getting promoted'' was around 15seconds behind Chickie and about 30 in front of Laurence, 2 corners later, lost connection. My race instantly dropped. Anyhow, looking forward to another season in Pro League 2.
Jamesboro1993 (DRT)
Jamesboro1993 (DRT)

Back to top Go down