Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Singapore Grand Prix

:: Archives :: Season 1 :: RACE REPORT

Go down

Singapore Grand Prix Empty Singapore Grand Prix

Post by Guest Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:38 am

Qualifying - 1st

Decided to have a gamble by going out on primes. Was impressed with my lap which got me provisional pole and then went out again but couldn't improve. Not sure whether Mick went out again but my original lap was enough for pole position and it was a nice surprise but also good to know that the option tyre was near enough the same speed as the prime. That helped me in the race too

Race - 1st

Got a good start and I was watching to see if Mick got a decent start. He got a good start like myself and the top 2 went unchanged into turn 1. However, Mick overtook me as i glitched but everyone was so bunched up at the start, it was impossible for him to let me through. Me and Mick settled into our rhythm and went wheel-wheel on a number of occasions. I didn't want to be too aggressive with heavy fuel and so waited until the first round of stops were i jumped him. It was then all about managing the gap which was difficult at times. I decided to use the primes up because i knew the degradation on the option was awful. I then started my option phase on lap 20 stopping twice again before the end (again on lap 27). Mick soon closed the gap but i knew his tyres were going to be worn near the end and i set about bridging the gap. Mick lapped Denby near the end but then the Mercedes unlapped himself because Mick was suffering with the tyres. I then went to the end and was happy i won. Had a good strategy and good setup and i look forward to Suzuka.

Back to top Go down

Singapore Grand Prix Empty BLOODY PIT CREW

Post by Guest Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:10 am

To anyonw who i hit coming out of the pitlane ( think it was stevo, denby, best or scottish) i am extremely sorry. I pitted, think it was lap 5, i asked for primes ( yellow) and the tools in the pits put full wets on. I only realised when i got to end of pitlane, and i just slid into turn one, causing a crash between two or three others. I cant apologise enough, and if i did effect anyones race, by causing puncture or damage, then please lodge an appeal against me. All i can say is sorry guys. I ended up retiring because i was that mad, i crashed twice, taking my nose off and getting two punctures, within the first five corners. Couldnt drive the car so i gave up. One to forget.

Back to top Go down

Singapore Grand Prix Empty Re: Singapore Grand Prix

Post by Guest Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:00 am

Not a very good race for me at all. 5th place 1 lap down. Yer stopper you hit me and put me in the wall where i lost my front wing. I dont think that there is justification in putting an appeal in due to you not finishing the race. Unlucky m8 Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Singapore Grand Prix Empty SORRY MATE

Post by Guest Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:11 am

The fact that i didnt finish is irrelevent though mate. I affected your race at the end of the day Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Singapore Grand Prix Empty race inncidents

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:30 pm

i agree with stopper if you think you were wronged by another driver whether they finish the race or not is irrelavant,your race was affected,but its up to you.
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Singapore Grand Prix Empty my race

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:36 pm

qualy 4th got into 3rd off the line was comfortable had a spin and lost a couple of places,then worked my way back to 4th myself and steff trading sector times then had another spin then about lap 25 got a penalty,denby was 18secs behind me then he pitted allowing me to breath a sigh of relief.solid points again,so not too bad. Smile
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Singapore Grand Prix Empty Re: Singapore Grand Prix

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down