Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rob-lee77 resignation as manager

3 posters

Go down

rob-lee77 resignation as manager Empty oo

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:17 am

What's brought this about Rob?

Back to top Go down

rob-lee77 resignation as manager Empty Re: rob-lee77 resignation as manager

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:35 am

Yeah I mean if it is getting in the way of you doing a good job on track then whats the point? See where you're coming from. Cheers for the recognition Rob but i couldn't take on a duty like that. I'm not liked on track so me being mod would be like Osama Bin Laden being US president - Would NEVER work (for the obvious reasons ;P) I dont know who to throw into the list tbh. Always thought league racers being mods was a bad idea. Even with the best will in the world, you will have your racing head on and that is more dominant than managing the league you're in. Basically, its hard to not be biased or even be accused of being biased when you're racing. Makes little sense to me. I thought it'd be better to have someone who doesn't race in the league to do it. That way they can do a professional job and ease the pressure on others so that League 1 race.

Back to top Go down

Post by F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod) Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:42 pm

Thanks Rob for the recognition, i really appreciate it, but i dont feel i fully have all the necessary qualities needed to fill ur shoes. Smile
F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod)
F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:21 pm

are you staying in the league tho m8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:52 am

Thats's why i think it's important the next person is someone who can do the job without worrying about racing etc. If you look at Cookster-Dark incident @ Monza, it's incredibly difficult because Cookster runs that league and yet is racing at the front. He is beaten and that says that he is just looking for excuses. Same with Mick and Rob in a way. Besides the fact they were team mates, Mick is at the front and when there is controversy, its hard to sort out because the rules are sometimes hard to go by and The Moderator will always be favoured whether it's right or wrong and whether you agree with me or not.
I think we need stability more than anything. Yesterday, for example, was a big faff because no one could come to a decision and decide about what was happening. Obviously, I'm going to refer to League 3 (known now as league 2 assists) because the rules are clear and the corner cuts and track rules are laid out properly for each circuit before the race itself. Also, Ipswich and Linden speant 4 HOURS after Spa trying to sort out an incident. Things were sorted and no questions asked. Also, connection problems are relayed to all the drivers before Quali and even in the race lobby. I think thats a good role model for the site. Not saying Rob was rubbish but we need stability and its important to give Rob credit where its due because it was a big responsibility and a lot of hardwork to take up in the first place.

Back to top Go down

rob-lee77 resignation as manager Empty new drivers

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:41 am

Nothing to do with rob and his situation, but was just wondering, for what reason, with only six races left the empty cars were filled up. Apart from it looking like one of them may have a bad connection, it just seems a little weird to put fresh people in 6 races from the end, cos im sure if any of them takes out a front runner in any of the remaining races, then the person involved isnt going to be very happy. Last night one of the redbulls nearly took me out on turn 5 ( i think) left hander with the run off. I was just about to turn my wheel left, and he came steaming up the inside, about twice the speed of me, ( way over the entry speed for that corner) and go's flying up the runoff road. Yeah i know ultimately the race was cancelled, but thats not the point. It just seems a bit of a strange time to add people, when the top 3 or 4 are looking to get as many points as poss. Yeah it looks like micks won, but until its mathematically impossible, i know for sure im not giving up, especially as i can still defo finish runner up. Doesnt make sense. Also some of their consistent corner cuts in qualy were ridiculous.

Back to top Go down

rob-lee77 resignation as manager Empty Agree

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:48 am

I agree with Stopper here. Sure that Finnish guy was excellent and very quick but there is no point in having people in the league 6 races from the finish. Makes no sense what so ever. It also means that connection problems are likely like last night. Hopefully, these people won't be racing with us in Singapore because it makes little sense because i am trying to get as high up as possible whether that be runner up or 2nd place. Until it is mathematically impossible then I am surely not giving up. I don't think its right for a newbie to decide the Championship though. Really, people shouldn't have been allowed to join after Spa. I remember Mick saying to Steve about not allowing someone in because they could attempt to take him out and others. Dont know why that was forgotten about to be honest.

Back to top Go down

rob-lee77 resignation as manager Empty exactly

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:58 am

I mean, yeah sure, get people interested, even let them do practice sessions on wednesdays until the end of the season. Im not saying theres going to be a deciding incident or anything, but i can gurantee it will kick off if anything happens. Im all for a full grid ( as long as the connection isnt compromised) but do it at the right time. I also remember it getting said that we were going to finish the season with the drivers we had. Think it was in the lobby on my first or second race after i was demoted from mod. Dont understand why its changed Question scratch

Last edited by stopper19 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : dumb ass spelling lol)

Back to top Go down

Post by MickWalker355 Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:07 am

we allowed new people in so they were not rusty for the start of next season ( no one is going to get relegated now so does it matter really?) all me and rob was doing is trying to make a good championship for next season shoot me for making something better for you Twisted Evil

MickWalker355

Back to top Go down

rob-lee77 resignation as manager Empty true

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:16 am

I know mate, and i want the same, like i said i want a full grid too, but im just worried that if something happens, the reprocussions are gonna be seizmic! !!! Shocked

Back to top Go down

rob-lee77 resignation as manager Empty f1

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:42 am

i just think they shud wait til the end of the season

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:42 am

THings are in being put in PLACE to prevent this happening in the future, Pls be at the FiA meet tonight ROB/Mick /Stevo/ Steff, as you will understand what im putting in place will help all the leagues with new drivers.

cheers
ADMIN
Admin
Admin

https://f1ps3league.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by MickWalker355 Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:44 am

It's all too late now rob has left

MickWalker355

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:13 am

yes , we all agreed to include new drivers in the remaining races as a tester for season 2. so that when we started Season 2 all the drivers were run in and not rusty.

as nobody is going to be relegated at the end of season 1 it's not too much of a big deal.

Back to top Go down

Post by F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod) Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:42 am

In my strong view the new drivers should have come in for Suzuka (next race) not bloody Singapore! Why???
F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod)
F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod)

Back to top Go down

rob-lee77 resignation as manager Empty big deal

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:47 am

At the moment its not a big deal, but it will be if one of them ruins someone else's championship, which they have been involved in since november. They could ' bed ' themselves in during wednesday practice, where a collision would not really matter. That way they would be fresh and use to every ones driving styles, ready for season 2. Also not being funny, but i was asking the mods of this league.

Back to top Go down

Post by F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod) Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:51 am

Thats the same as how i feel.
F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod)
F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:55 am

stopper I was involved in the FIA decision hence why I commented on the situation.

Not being funny but there was no need for that.

I was telling you guys what had been decided, as it was useful and RELEVANT to the conversation.

Back to top Go down

Post by F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod) Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:36 am

I still feel it wasnt thought out to bring in the new drivers for Singapore.
F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod)
F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod)

Back to top Go down

rob-lee77 resignation as manager Empty yeah i know

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:46 am

But we have our own mods to answer our own questions, thats all im saying about it.

Back to top Go down

rob-lee77 resignation as manager Empty Just a thought..

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:51 am

Personally I still think we should have stuck to the rules Mick introduced at Spa. Mick said he didn't want my friend Gus coming in and one of Stevos friends because not all of the racers know them and could just ram people off the track. The rules should have been consistent throughout and just because Mick is winning/will win/has won the Championship, It doesn't stop a battle for 2nd place which will be interesting. Also, It's not fair if new racers are compromising someones championship or race position or even ending their race. I can see why it's good because it gets us used to them and it means their not at a disadvantage come season 2 but it is a bit risky. I think practise sessions should be for this and maybe have a pre-season test before season 2. Maybe a 100% one off race/practise designed so that people can get accustomed to eachother and their cars. I also think that the "Proper persons test" can be ratified for next year or for the future because that way we can see what these people are like before the race instead of having 2nd thoughts about if they will take you out or turn in on you mid-way through a corner at Melbourne. Again, these ideas allow people to do setup tweaks and have good close racing without having to worry about dirty drivers or crappy connection....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:54 am

And Stevo, everyone is gonna have a difference in opinion. The FIA are part of this "racing community" that people are banging on about so its not a mod decision, its part of the FIA to bring these ideas and opinions into play. Plus, if Ipswich is speaking up for people then thats only a good thing. He could've just walked away from this whole league and raced somewhere else for less hassle and more fair racing but he stuck at it and is arguably running the best league on the site. I'm not blowing smoke up his arse, it's just my view on League 2 (assists) doing their job properly. Ipswich has done all the work for his league by himself. He hasn't even named FiA members yet!!Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:01 am

Stopper mate, Rob has left his mod position, Mick hasn't posted about what we spoke about.

So as a member of the FIA who was present in the meeting where the decision about what you are talking about currently in this thread was made, I am speaking up about what was decided.

I was relevant, clear and unoffensive. Just stating what had been decided in relavance to what's being discussed now.

Back to top Go down

rob-lee77 resignation as manager Empty Got his own

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:03 am

All im saying, never mind stevo, is that ipswich has got his own league to look after and his own racers to answer questions for, so if i ask a question in this league, i want to be answered by the mod or mods of this league. As for the best league, you only done two races lol Thats me finished now, not saying another word until i need to Very Happy

Back to top Go down

rob-lee77 resignation as manager Empty here we go again

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:05 am

And on and on, always the last say. I asked a question, mick answered. So in the nicest possible way, go back to league assist 2 and close the door on the way out Sleep

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:14 am

Mick - rob has left the moddee role but are you telling me he has left league and FiA aswell??

Steve YOU and ROB was the only rep from this league that was present no one else either had time or couldn't be bothered whilst they were online on f1 2011 game!
So you 2 Steve n Rob are the persons who has the info to give the league.
Nobody can argue with what u 2 says as nOn of the other named reps showed up.

Rob - I am very puzzled why u left moddee role over some claim of the 7 team thing being scrapped, its just been edited to 8 teams, cookster in pro league made an issue with sauber team no one else had remembered it was kicked months ago.
Sauber was one of the 7 cars that was chosen in the FiA meeting we had On Monday.
Now cooksters wantin to kick Williams team and I said NO!!
He said its not aloud in pro league, so I had no choice to add the extra team.

So tonight in the FiA meet league 1 assists reps can bring it up, that's what the meets are about. Annoyingly it's easy to say its changed so iv quit!

New Drivers - ok this is really annoying !!
We agreed in the FiA meet to change alot of things on the site, and they have been done, new team paddock, rule 2.2, no demotions, optional promotions, split the leagues etc ... Now in this meet tonight let's discuss new drivers.

Up until Saturday night nobody had even highlighted a problem, and months ago wen some of the drivers joined the league not one driver said anything about it then. ? It was half way through a season was it not?

You can probably tell how I'm feeling at the moment with the essay I'm writing.
There is some great drivers in the league and not so great drivers.
You can't ask friends or other drivers to bring ppl in to the league and then just winj at the new driver, educate them, teach them, show them, ffs my first league race I ever did I was nervous, worried, and all over the bloody track, if I had seen comments about 'new drivers' causing a problem on the league site I joined I would have felt worse and just left!

Moddee's need to discuss with either FIA or there own league to wether your gunna add drivers now to the league, it was decided in FiA that we all would fill our leagues up!! If mods or reps aren't happy with wot is heard they need to speak up wen in the meet!

I hav totally forgot wtf I'm even trying to get across to you all ere apart from ADMiN works hard to keep this all in order and harmanized, but we hav a problem Houston and FiA has a solution to it!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:18 am

No, I'm saying the first few races have been good fun and also the track rules have been clear and collisions have been dealt with properly. League 2 is much more to the point and also means that people can enjoy it more without worrying about the consequences.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:26 am

Admin would advice 'johnlarkin' to resign his post from league 1 and join the "best league" in yr own opinion :-)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:27 am

And Linden I agree with you that league reps should have spoken up at the time. You cant keep quiet and then decide to quit because of a decision you have allowed to take place. Anyway I would like to end all this and leave the politics to the FiA to deal with. LINDEN I COULD DO WITH SPEAKING TO YOU IF THATS OK? (Doesn't have to be tonight)
Would like to thank Rob for his hardwork and effort. I also remember him speaking to me on voice chat about the differences we had and I have more respect for him for that. Sadly, it was bad timing to be mod here. I dont think I have made it easier for Rob especially but im sure he would like it if he can concentrate on this "RACING LEAGUE"!
Cheers

Back to top Go down

rob-lee77 resignation as manager Empty @ADMIN

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:30 am

i agree with the new driver paragraph ...i never even got the chance for a race all because i got crashed into 2 times yet somehow it was my fault and i got replaced without even telling me or getting to explain the actions of the collision

Back to top Go down

rob-lee77 resignation as manager Empty I got my answer

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:31 am

Admin, linden, i asked the origional question as i was a bit unsure about why the decision was made to add extra drivers so late on, considering the consequences of any new driver causing a crash, would be considerably more, considering we are at the so called business end of the season. Mick gave me the answer within minutes, and the only reason i answered his reply was because i got the feeling he thought i was having a go ( which i wasnt, just merely asking) . Then since then ' the usual suspects ' just keep the usual post after post, reply after reply, say after say lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:35 am

Get mick to Add you as a FiA rep for league 1 assists it needs a voice :-)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:40 am

And one last thing Linden, I have more fun in league 2 but i enjoy league 1 more because its more competitive. Obviously, things haven't been great in league 1 recently because of all the changes and stuff. I've raced in league 2, had contacts in both of them, and still got on with it. Ipswich is doing a good job and it's not secret that we're good friends so maybe i trust him more. He's also got a good understanding of F1 Linden and of the game itself and there have been times when we've disagreed but there seems to be a valid reason for whatever ipswich does and everyone respects that. I dont think its great advice telling me to move to another league because I was giving my view seen as i race in both leagues. And Stopper, you actually put effort in to have a discussion but now you're just trying to offend people and be childish. No one is trying to offend anyone but you. Why is it that when you're involved you accuse people of endlessly going on what in actual fact, it is you carrying stuff on. Hardly a great advert for the league..

Back to top Go down

rob-lee77 resignation as manager Empty who??

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:40 am

Add who?

Back to top Go down

rob-lee77 resignation as manager Empty lol

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:42 am

Sleep

Back to top Go down

Post by F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod) Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:44 am

Hitman i dont no about your crash with Denby. But when i tried to overtake you on the left hand side on the main straight at singapore, i gave you room and you moved too far over at the slight bend taking almost me out and your self out.

Last edited by Stevo_1106 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total
F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod)
F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod)

Back to top Go down

Post by MickWalker355 Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:00 am

Stopper linden was saying I should add you as a rep for our league mate. That's what the add part was about. Your reply would be? Lol

MickWalker355

Back to top Go down

rob-lee77 resignation as manager Empty Rep

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:01 am

Sure mate, no probs.

Back to top Go down

rob-lee77 resignation as manager Empty what a joke

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:02 am

Great to see valid comments being removed loool

Back to top Go down

Post by MickWalker355 Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:07 am

Ideal :-) Very Happy

MickWalker355

Back to top Go down

rob-lee77 resignation as manager Empty ob-lee77 resignation as manager

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:18 am

Just gonna PM you Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:24 am

I think you guys need a VOICE in FiA league seen as ROB has gone and Mick is out on mondays.
SO Yeh Stopper should be n FiA as he has a Voice.

But the choice as i told stopper is, His Mod and League have to decide the FiA.
ADMIN and Other leagues have no say in this.

cheers
ADMIN

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down