Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Belgian GP - 28th Feb 2012

2 posters

Go down

Belgian GP - 28th Feb 2012 Empty Belgian GP - 28th Feb 2012

Post by Guest Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:48 am

Hi All, hope it was a good race for everyone. Apologies to any near misses, again none are deliberate nor am i a aggressive driver in this league as shown on lap 3 of the race when i park at the side of the track and let you all go by. Apologies to the extreme nearmiss i had with someone at the top of the hill going onto the back straight. I spun going up the hill due to ruined tyres and when i looked there was no-one coming so i started the car rolling and when i looked again it looked like a red bulln i tried to get out of the way as best as i could but never the less got a drive through. Apoologies to team-mate brad and his rivals in the race for spinning sideways then going along the straight going up to the final chicane backwards making it look like i was coming head on. I may have clipped the pit lane line a couple of times but im not too sure, when i came out the pit i was informed of traffic so my priority was clearing the traffic over watching the lines, id rather me get a penalty for clipping the line than ruining someones race. I also believe i corner cut a corner in sector 2 a few times, again unintentional as i wasnt exactly fighting for the lead. When i corner cut the penultimate corner i turned the car around and rejoined the track where i left to make sure i wasnt gaining an advantage. Apologies to whoever it was who was entering the pits during qualifying when i lost control of the car and it entered the pit area. I tried to reverse onto the grass but i dont know if that was so. If i failed, i apologise. Finally, due to poor tyres i spun on corner one (that and me being trigger happy), and when i reversed out of the way i strayed into the pit exit restricted area without knowning until i got one of multiple dangerous driving warnings. Again i apologies to any inconvieniences caused in the race, none are intentional. I am a real novice at the moment but am trying to learn quickly, i try my best to move out the way but as im sure you can appriciate, this doesnt always so swimmingly. Great race to watch from 5 laps down. All the best to everyone Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Belgian GP - 28th Feb 2012 Empty Chickie13 race report

Post by BradChick Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:05 am

Excellent race tonight guys Smile Myself and vernon-ator had a great race changing place many times with clean overtakes. although we did collide once or twice as i have explained in the appeal room.
Started in second place thanks to a last minute dash in qualifying. finished in 3rd but could have been high without the accident on the first lap.
Great racing everyone and looking forward to next week
Thanks Chickie13
BradChick
BradChick

Back to top Go down

Belgian GP - 28th Feb 2012 Empty Belgian Grand Prix- Race Report

Post by Vernon-ator_1991 Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:54 pm

Qualifying & Race- 4th

Stepping into the Ferrari for the league race and it turned out to be enjoyable. Knowing RDS94 & Captain are both faster than me round Spa I would have been very happy with 3rd but a great lap by Chickie put me down to 4th but I was still happy.

Race start was a little eventful, I took it easy into turn 1 and remained 4th. Going into Eau Rouge Chickie and RDS were side-by-side, Chickie had to get off the throttle to avoid a collision which then got me, chickie, captain and batfink all very close going up the straight. I was on the inside going into the chicane I outbraked myself running wide, cutting the left turn part of the chicane, rejoined the track in a safe manner and stayed on the outside as I was going to let through chickie and captain as i felt i had gained an advantage with running wide but going into the last part of the chicane I got a thump from behind by chickie sending me into a spin. Rejoined 6th and once again for me it was all about catching up. I had started the race on primes everyone else immediately infront of me all pitted before me, I pitted on lap 7 for another set of primes and I was shocked to have leap-frogged batfink, chickie and BK in the stops coming out 3rd. Was immediately passed by bk and chickie going up the straight as they had a good run on me. Passed BK half way around the lap as he ran wide and was left to chase down chickie.
Caught him up within a lap or 2 and a really fun and enjoyable battle broke out, we were changing positions every lap up to lap 13 when going into the last chicane I got a little caught out by chickie braking early (as it turned out he was pitting) and I gave him a little shove up the back, if there is footage of the incident then it should show me trying everything to avoid him but i just clipped him with the left side of my front wing. I pitted 2 laps later for options and somehow ended up 12 seconds behind chickie. I know he was putting in fastest laps but didn't realise he was going that much faster. Had to start fuel saving to get to the end but with 4 laps to go chickie came out of the pits again just infront of me so I turned the mix up for a lap to try and get passed him which I did but then had to fuel save hoping to still be fast enough in the middle sectore to have enough to protect my position on the straights. Chickie had me with 2 laps to go and there was nothing I could do as my fuel light was on so had to fuel save and settled for 4th. Ran out of fuel in the last sector of the last lap but had enough of a gap to limp home 4th.

Was fun to take part tonight.
Vernon-ator_1991
Vernon-ator_1991

Back to top Go down

Belgian GP - 28th Feb 2012 Empty Spa race report

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:41 am

Qualifying Pole position

Jumped in to the red bull not knowing what kind of performance i was going to give out got pole position by 3 tenths captain is quick in qualifying so had to deliver a good lap so i did so was happy with the pole Smile .

Race 1st Very Happy

Had a okay start me and Chickie was battling going up to eau rouge he lifted out of the power to avoid a accident then captain crankshaft came up to 2nd started catching me quite quick at some stages in the race. I had a little slide on lap 5 that nearly sent me spinning primes was going quickly so went 1 more lap on them then decided to pit came out of pits went on the options for 6 laps took the lead off crankshaft whilst he was in the pits on lap 8. then pitted on lap 13 for primes captain took the lead off me then with the fresh set of primes on was chasing him down for the next 4 laps was hunting him down at a second per lap then the gap went down by 4 seconds in 1 lap so was happy he pitted on lap 17 i think i re took the lead had a comfortable lead of 21 seconds so i decided to pit on lap 18 for 1 more set of options to take me to the end came out of the pits 6 seconds ahead of captain again i had to get my tyres up to temperature he was about 3 seconds behind me when we get on to lap 20 so i decided to put my engine to rich for the last 2 laps but captain was flying so couldn't build a gap so the gap went down to 2.2 so i had to go for a quick lap posted a 1.41.708 put 6 tenths on him then on the last lap he got the gap down to 1.1 in the end but still got the win so really happy with the result .

Back to top Go down

Belgian GP - 28th Feb 2012 Empty Re: Belgian GP - 28th Feb 2012

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down