Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brazil GP Race Reports

5 posters

Go down

Brazil GP Race Reports Empty Brazil GP Race Reports

Post by bobjim123 (LM) Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:58 am

Please post Below......

bobjim123 (LM)

Back to top Go down

Brazil GP Race Reports Empty Re: Brazil GP Race Reports

Post by bobjim123 (LM) Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:14 am

Qualy: 2nd, Wasn't a great lap and was up on Rob's pole lap only to * it up but nevertheless happy with the position as Sean was in 4th.

Race: 2nd / 3rd (Depending on Deks pen)

I have to say this was one of the best races I've taken part in on this site. Started off poor decided not to take rob 1st corner despite him giving me some space. This gave Sean a run on me and he overtook me. Couple of other mistakes brought me 5secs behind Rob and Sean who were battling. Sean started to pull away from Rob so I started really pushing which resulted in me starting to catch up. By lap 10 Rob had overtook Sean and There was 4 of us separated by 1second as we battled our way through each sector. I took the lead on lap 11 and held on to it b4 I pitted on lap 12 as I tried to open a gap up. Came out in 4th 9secs behind Rob and 12 behind Dek and Sean. Rob pitted so I was 3rd and there was an incident between Dek and Sean which left me 3secs behind them (Yes I was happy at this point).When they pitted I found myself 6secs ahead of Rob and 4 places ahead of Sean. Opened the gap up to 9secs b4 the safety car came out with 10 laps to go. Rob Dek and Sean pitted for options I didn't. Got away really well and opened a 2sec gap to the field before rob and Dek caught up, didn't want to to hold either up so didn't fight hard for the place. This gave them the chance to fight for a win both deserved and I brought the car home 1sec ahead of Sean to take my 10th podium a day with that the GP2 title Very Happy

Good luck every1 nxt season Smile

bobjim123 (LM)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:38 pm

qualy pole (my first ever
race TBA

This was the report ive been waiting to write all season.Just scraped pole position which made my season worth while.
my race got off to a good start had decent pace soon chased by sean and overtaken.Sean opened a small gap then seemed to lose pace allowing me to close the gap with a chasing pack of dek and bob.My car felt great all the way through the race just lacked a couple of tenths per lap on the rest but my consistency was very good.made one big error the whole race.came in lap 14 i think it was a few laps after this i realised deks pace was too much despite me being ahead due to a collision he had i think as i was held up by muzza which cost me around 5 seconds.Bob didnot pit on safety car and initially bob opened a gap then when my tyres kicked in i was able to close and pass releasing mysef and dek to race.We were trading sector times but the sector i struggled with all week was my undoing on the final lap,i moved over to give him a scare out of desperation but it wasnt enough lol.

I said to myself before this race im going to go all out drive my car more agressively and see what happens and it gave me what i was craving all season,an opportunity to battle for a win,
thankyou guys for a gr8 race.
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanbbb90 Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:35 pm

qually 4th was up on rob but lost the tym Race 3rd or 4th..before the race on strategy iv never noticed u get options to be agressive n so on so thats wat i did "MISTAKE" as i ad to balance all the way through.At the start i put my engine on full i was 2nd in 2 corners an chasin for the lead once i got bye n a gap of 2 secs'ish i looked on fuel n it sed -2laps so i put it on low this is why rob closed an passed me,laps later i was leading then dekk gt by as i re tuk him i seemed to be by i got tuk owt now my race was kinda finished as bob who add pitted was now only 3 secs behind i pitted laps later safety car came owt it helped me owt abit not much i chased bob an closed the gap but it wasnt enough my chance of winning was gone at the start nt jst the collision but useing aggressive strategy.

Seanbbb90

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddweasel Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:23 pm

Wrote a really long report but had been logged out and so lost it, so not going to bother writing it all again.

Quali - 8th on primes as knew I was slow.

Race - 8th
Really good exciting race unlucky that I got squeezed by Mansell on penultimate lap when in 5th causing us to spin out but no complaints as 1) he sportingly waited for me after I pitted for a new wing and 2) I took him out in Korea so what comes around goes around!
Lessons learnt; even though I was pelased with a really good pass on Muzza after safety car into turn 1 I need to improve my confidence when overtaking, especially in narrow circuits like this.
Finally; one of the most enjoyable races of the season, nearly always found myself racing closely wioth someone, thanks everyone, great season.

Redd.
Reddweasel
Reddweasel

Back to top Go down

Post by MansellsMum Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:34 am

Gosh i soooo should have gone for pole knowing i could put myself near the the front, but decided to stick with a pretty good prime qualy lap
for some bizarre reason i chose to pit twice and despite this was still doing ok in 5th but i checked my mirrors into turn 1 and had half a car lengh to Weasel who was chasing me, so pulled across for a better turn in only to collide with weasel's nose who must have been right beside me...send us both flying lol
Soz weasel the game's not perfect yet, my mirrors sent me sum dud info, coz u must have actually been almost on my cockpit when i turned lol lets hope the new one reduces this kind of thing..if i live long enuf to play it that is, i am getting on u know...must be the elder statesman in the field at 43!! ..i'll be racing mobility cars next!! damn who's had my glasses and werther mints??

MansellsMum

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanbbb90 Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:50 am

lol mansell

Seanbbb90

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddweasel Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:39 am

Mansell to retake his driving test lol!
Reddweasel
Reddweasel