Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abu Dhabi - Race Reports

5 posters

Go down

Abu Dhabi - Race Reports Empty Abu Dhabi - Race Reports

Post by DeKKadent (GP2 Mod) Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:32 am

Please post your race reports here...
DeKKadent (GP2 Mod)
DeKKadent (GP2 Mod)

Back to top Go down

Abu Dhabi - Race Reports Empty Re: Abu Dhabi - Race Reports

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:38 pm

awful track lol,decided not to qualy as my best was only 42.1 in practice,only finished 7th which was expected,despite this had an enyoyable clean battle with burty,first race long battle ive had all season and we pushed each other all the way,it took my best defensive driving to hold him off,im guessing its not a track he enjoyed too,but despite only finishing 7th I was glad of the opportunity to have a good old battle.Well done burty.
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddweasel Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:54 pm

Quali - 6th
Not good session, made mistakes on options gaining only 1:45 and on returning to pits and seeing top 3 in the 41's and my PB only ever being low 42 I went back out on primes with the aim of getting into the 44's. Hit the wall in sec 3 which finished my chances of qualifying on primes.
Race - 5th. Restart helped me as I was able to start on fresh options. After 3 safety car laps we began and I managed to keep my place to Burty and Rob. Chased Dec and Mansel for a while but quickly lost ground as I just didn't have the pace of the front runners. MVA made an early mistake but passed me at the end of the second staight with DRS. After that I had a quiet race. Towards the end both Rob and Burty were catching me but both made mistakes and fall away then MVA crashed, pitted fell about 14 secs behind with 5 laps to go. Fortunately he made another little mistakes too falling away and Ibrought the car home to finish 5th.

In all a consistent race for me again which is pleasing just that I was not quick.
Reddweasel
Reddweasel

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddweasel Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:00 am

Further to the above; I knew I was likely to lose my last chance of the title this weekend and so it proved, Sean and Bob are in a class of their own at the minute. 
I am pleased however that Sean and I have wrapped up the Constructers title for Lotus with 2 races remaing, well chuffed and that 3rd place in the drivers championship is almost mine.
Reddweasel
Reddweasel

Back to top Go down

Post by bobjim123 (LM) Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:33 am

Q 2nd - was a bit disappointed as I was .7 off my PB with a 41.4 and missed out on pole by 0.05

Race 1st - Great Battle with Sean he was in my DRS for 15/28 laps but I hung on just

bobjim123 (LM)

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanbbb90 Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:53 pm

qually 3rd was on for pole but ad a twitchy moment an lost about 4 tenths but stil improved on my time. Race 2nd..in the race it was a battle with just me an bob which was us both trading places all the way through i was faster just couldn't get by then on the last lap on the straight i checked my fuel an i ad +4 laps but i completely forgot so i believe this lost me the race,now jst 2 races left and only to points infront but im guna give it everything now.

Seanbbb90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down