Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Montreal 24th Jan

2 posters

Go down

Montreal 24th Jan Empty Montreal 24th Jan

Post by BradChick Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:07 am

Sorry to vernon for cutting him up against the wall around the 27th lap. lucky i payed the price and he carried on, i didnt see how close he was until i hit him. qualified in 1st place, finished in 3rd. good race Smile
BradChick
BradChick

Back to top Go down

Montreal 24th Jan Empty Canadian Grand Prix- Race Report

Post by Vernon-ator_1991 Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:23 am

Qualified- 4th

Qualified on primes as I tried to stretch my stategy to a 3 stop and possibly a 2 stop.

Race- 2nd

Had a great start and managed to get up to 3rd by turn 1 by going around the outside of Captain Crankshaft, but immediately started to struggle with understeer and had difficulties staying in 3rd. On lap 4 I spun on the exit of turn 9, losing ground to DarkPSI and chickie. Started pulling away from the pack behind while saving fuel to try and get an advantage on the drivers infront later on. Pitted on lap 9 (another set of primes) and fuel saved throughout that 10 lap stint and wasn't losing too much time on the drivers infront. Pitted on lap 20 (again put on primes) and left my engine mode in standard to try and start closing up on chickie, was closing up ever so slightly but not enough to really make a difference. Pitted on lap 30 (for options to the end) and stuck the engine mode into rich to fly to the end. Chickie pitted a lap later and ended up 3 seconds ahead of me which I closed up within 1 lap, then on lap 32 approaching the turn 8-9 chicane I got a run on chickie, he seemed to defend the inside line so I went to the outside and then he came across me in the braking zone, contact was made I lost part of my front wing but he was sent into a spin (I think a warning is all he needs but as the incident involved me I don't get a say in it being part of the FIA). After that it was a matter of bringing the car home in 2nd which I managed to do. Very happy with 2nd place, lets see if I can keep the form up into Valencia next weekend.

Great racing guys

Vernon-ator_1991 (Joe Vernon)
Vernon-ator_1991
Vernon-ator_1991

Back to top Go down

Montreal 24th Jan Empty Canadian GP - 24th January 2012

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:56 am

Qualifying - 3rd
Race - 8th

Made a great start during the first couple of gearshifts compared to the front row - if Montreal had a longer pit-straight and a more conventional 1st corner, I would like to think I would have easily taken the lead. As it was, with no track space to utilise my good start, I ended up being too cautious during the first sector, and lost out to a great lunge by Vernon_ator into turn 3.

I managed to maintain 4th for the rest of the lap, until the back straight where Neil_1997 got a decent slipstream off me. He managed to move ahead alongside about 3/4 of the way down as we approached the final chicane. Having contemplated too long whether to make a counter-lunge into the chicane, my desperate attempts to scrub speed were not enough, and I clipped the gentleman's right-rear. A part of me feels Neil was perhaps a bit too quick to assume I'd disappeared alongside him; but either way, I got, and accepted, a drive-through penalty for the collision. To my fury though, I immediately got a second drive-through for my 360 recovery spin, even though everyone had passed! 2 trips through the pits then culminated in an angry spin into the barrier out of the Turn 7/8 chicane on lap 4, resulting in another trip to the pits for a front wing....

The rest of the race became damage limitation. From lap 5 until 15, I ran in Mix 1 fuel (moving into Fuel mix 2 from 16-28, and then Mix 3 until the end), realising that any hope I had of salvaging anything from the race would have to come from manic pace at the end with most in fuel conservation - which worked well to my pleasure at least. Using my strong suit of looking after my tyres, I managed to do an average of 4 laps extra above my engineer's requested pit-in lap on each set of tyres I raced, which effectively saved me doing a whole extra pitstop, and this brought me back into play a bit. But beyond the fun of this tactical thriller, my race was a quiet and mentally angry one haha

Finishing 8th was the best I could achieve in the laps designated, and I'm disappointed to have ruined a chance to capitalise on rare front-running pace I had around Montreal, thanks to a new set-up I've made - my fastest race lap easily comparable to the pace of the Top 2. Equally, the absence of James_F1 and RDS94 arguably meant I had a chance to take the lead in the championship. But alas, my incident shut that avenue of potential off - but that says only something about the quality of the competitors in this league that I couldn't aspire for a higher place tonight. Great effort by all Smile

Good to see everyone had an enjoyable race,
All the best,
Capt_Crankshaft

Back to top Go down

Montreal 24th Jan Empty Montreal 24th Jan

Post by BradChick Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:24 am

Had a good qualifying session. i got pole possition on my 4th out lap, and ended up finishing the session in 1st, around 0.300 ahead of second place. great start to the race, holding onto 1st into the first corner. i started to pull away and create a lead for myself. by the end of the first lap i was around 2-4 secounds ahead. i was leading the race up until the 23rd lap. i ran wide on one corner but i cant quite remember which one. this gave the lead to the previous 2nd place. i then pushed hard to gain the place back. i managed to stay close for a few more laps. when i ran wide on the 2nd corner. i then continued only to spin on the 3rd-4th corner. i lost a lot of time spining the car around to face the right direction.
i then had to pit for tyres. i came out just infront of 3rd place (vernon). as we aprouched turn 8-9. i dived in to defend the corner. thinking vernon had backed off slightly i angle my car back to the racing line, only to find vernon on the outside. we touched and i am glad to have paid the price, because i should have been more aware. i was sent into the gravel trap and vernon into the wall. luckly veron had only minor damage to his front wing and was able to take 2nd place. i held onto 3rd until the end of the race. Good Racing everyone

Chickie13 (brad)
BradChick
BradChick

Back to top Go down

Montreal 24th Jan Empty Montreal 24th january

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:17 am

Hi guys,

really enjoyed the race yesterday. My plan was to qualy on primes for a long first stint. That worked great an I was happy to start on 2nd place.
Had a good start and could defend 2nd place but I think in lap 3 or so I made a mistake in turn 1 (oversteer) and felt back to 3rd. Could quickly regain 2nd and tried to catch for chickie13. Had to realize that catching chickie13 was to dangerous and would lead in mistakes, so I changed my plan to hold the gap. In the last quarter of the race i was the lucky man, due to some mistakes from competitors. So I'm happy to win that race, but I was also very lucky, cause I hadn't any incidents and could drive my pace.

Due to the corner cutting rules the circuit was challenging to drive and concentration must be hold up. Thx to the observers, it adds so much realism to this game. As I already said, there is no comparable league worldwide at the moment I guess.

Best regards

DarkPSI

Back to top Go down

Montreal 24th Jan Empty Re: Montreal 24th Jan

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:55 am

thank u dark we need everybody 2 work together m8 me and linden set this up but i introduced this rule thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:44 am

Hey Guys,
Great 1st race, well eventfu;, apologies to Lindenwarden for the first corner Wink and sorry to whoever it was that hit me when i pulled over on the 2nd corner to let you all past! Hopefully better at Valencia, assuming that it is of course!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down