Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spa GP - Race Reports

4 posters

Go down

Spa GP - Race Reports Empty Spa GP - Race Reports

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:52 pm

please post below.....
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Spa GP - Race Reports Empty Re: Spa GP - Race Reports

Post by Seanbbb90 Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:10 am

qually 3rd Race 2nd
  gt a decent start i tuk bob when he went wide an maintaind 2nd until the end but was catchin moody fast on the final lap an closed the gap to 3 seconds, nt the most fun race bt a good race as i finished ahead of my championship rivals

Seanbbb90

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:54 am

Qualy-1st 1.48.7 shabby lap

Race-1st Controlled the race

i'd also like to dedicate this win to the late derek warwick your are sorely missed but never forgotten without your guidance this would not of been possible also a shoutout to Big Si

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianJohnson43 (GP4 Mod) Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:51 am

QUAILY 4TH RACE 5TH  good start but i think i lost a couple of places due to my errors was really in the mix battling with people for most of  the race came in to the pits on lap 10 for my prime stint had mansell behind me for a good considerable amout of laps but kept my nerve but unfortunately he lost connection coming nearer to the end of the race i could see bob in the distance at one point i was about 12 second behind then reling him in but an error my of cost me but the fact of the matter is i enjoyed the race and to pick up some valuable point am in zone at the minute and hopefully some more good resuits come like that plus i would like to mention my 5th place to my new telly its helping me out alot
BrianJohnson43 (GP4 Mod)
BrianJohnson43 (GP4 Mod)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddweasel Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:40 pm

Quali - 5th (I think maybe 4th, I forget). Got a 1:49.7 which was not bad for me seeing as I'd only got into the 49's on a handfull of occassions my best being a 49.197.

Race - 7th
I'm not good round this track, season 3 and my first time racing it (Missing the two previous seasons for one reason or another). Maybe this is partly what caused my poor performance. Kept the pace early on in my option stint but got bumped at the final chicane at the end of the first lap by Mansell (Not going to appeal here, nothing too bad in the incident and some would say I've caused many an incident this season myself) so we dropped off the front 3 (Think I was in 4th at that point). Couple of laps before my pitstop MVA nudged me off the track into the automatic braking zone whilst going through the fast 5th gear left hander in sector two and lost a place to him and I think also to Rob, again no appeal here, I was on worn tyres but just be careful in future MVA.
I probabbly made a slight mistake by trying to run longer on my options (pitted end of lap 14) thinking they were lasting well. Should've pitted a lap earlier as I came out behind Brian who I had been in front of so had evidentally lost time staying out too long. Tried to keep up but Brian and his McClaren were really good round here and I fell away and then lost a position to Mansell (On options) after about 3 laps and then with lost down force behind him and Burty right behind me I spun at the start of sector 2 at the left hand 3rd gear corner. Lost my wing and got a front left puncture so limped round and pitted back onto options and completed the last 4 laps on my own about 1 min down on Burty in front.
With Rob retiring (He could've beaten me after my accident - shouldn't give up until the fat lady sings mate) and Mansell losing connection I got 7th when should've been 9th really.
Glad to get this one out of the way and onto a more familiar track. I'm hoping the Lotus will be more competative and faster round Monza. Wish I had the Ferrari still as it's awesome round there, had it on pole season before last!
Funny how things change, Brian was struggling a few weeks ago and now he's going through a purple patch and I'm the one now struggling since Silverstone. Hopefully the 'tide will turn' for me again soon.

Redd
Reddweasel
Reddweasel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down