Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chinese GP - Race Reports

4 posters

Go down

Chinese GP - Race Reports Empty Chinese GP - Race Reports

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) Thu May 02, 2013 10:28 pm

Post below....
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Chinese GP - Race Reports Empty Re: Chinese GP - Race Reports

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) Mon May 06, 2013 12:22 pm

qualy 7th
race 4th
felt i could have had pole but lap was destroyed by a car exiting the pit.
As for my race i had a few battles with loudenough bolokov and burty,all clean stuff so well done to them.i managed to keep drivers behind me for a while in the early stages.most part of the race seemed to be a battle between me and sean but i just cant hold that pace and i feel this race was the best i drove so far,a few mistakes but not many.id like to say well done to brian for a good qualy session,hes trying really hard as a new pro driver and im glad to see hes getting some rewards for the time he puts in.
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianJohnson43 (GP4 Mod) Mon May 06, 2013 11:48 pm

QUALY 3RD was on pole intell some one ended my dreams RACE what can i say typical rolling restart between end of 3rd or 4th lap eventually ready to start got going round the first corner someone drifted out towards me and sent me off track witch put me back to last staying with the pack i think on lap 11 my team mate went into the pits at the same time witch cost me a lot of time just no communication with him witch put me back to ninth carred on and in the end it was a very pleasing 7TH plus this week at least i dint fall down any pot holes.
BrianJohnson43 (GP4 Mod)
BrianJohnson43 (GP4 Mod)

Back to top Go down

Chinese GP - Race Reports Empty RR

Post by Guest Tue May 07, 2013 12:56 am

Amid the controversy this race held, this was far my best and all time favorite race whilst being on this site, I had some many clean and good battles out there.

The story starts out badly as I came out of the pits for qualifying about to start a lap and span getting to wide on the astro and put me into a spin and I hit the barrier losing my from wing and a front left puncture, which forced me to almost not having to set a time as limping around took to long.

However, I was able to set two timed laps. Both was quite bad but remarkably I gained loads in the final sector on my last lap which was a surprise due to the fact it was my immediate enemy during practice in which the final time I set was good enough for second, only 0.050 of pole...Gutted.

The race started under rolling start conditions and I was quick on the radio to make sure to find out what lap the race was actually going to get started as I was all over the guy in front. Made a few mistakes in the first couple of laps as I was fluctuating up and down the field.

As the pace settled I was 3rd I think fending off 3 cars for a few laps but in the end I made a few mistakes which dropped me to 6th in which I will happily take.

After my pace problems in the first couple of races, I took some great steps forward in the chase to the top but I'm still a bit of at the moment but none of the less, important steps was taken today. I would also like to thank Vern for a base set-up.

My view of rolling restarts has changed, I think they're great once everybody gets them right as this race showed apart from the controversy at the start. It's not hard guys.

Back to top Go down

Chinese GP - Race Reports Empty Chinese GP

Post by Reddweasel Wed May 08, 2013 11:05 pm

Quali - 5th
The best time I'd gotten in practice all week was a 1:35.500 (Dead) so was surprised to find myself 5th with a poor 1:36.3 although Adam qaulified on pole with only a 1:35.9 so could have somehting to do with lower track temp again.

Race - 1st = Wow
I really like China and would say this is probably my favourite track. I knew I was quick in the practice sessions and was hoping for a top 5 or even a possible podium.
After a restart we had to do a rolling start which became a bit of a mess but at the start of lap 3 we were off. I was aware that it was easy to run wide on heavy fuel and cold tyres on turn 1 and so was careful and went up into 2nd after in turn 2. Went deep in turn 3 and fell back to 5th with my teamamte all over me. He DRS'd me at the end of lap 3 but broke late and went deep into the penultimate corner (Hairpin). So I had Bolokov and Sean in front and behind me repsectively. I got a better line out of the final corner and moved into 4th ahead of Bolokov on the start finish straight. Passed Rob and I think Brian through turn 1 where they had gone wide again and found myself back upto 2nd. From this point I managed to put some consistent laps down, unusual for me, and caught Adam up slightly and kept him to between 3 and 5 secs of me. Adam and I both pitted on lap 11 he out came out in front of Rob and Sean I believe with me a couple secs behind them. Fortunately I had some clear air and put in some consistent lap times again. I knew Rob was gonna be on options for his final stint and was pleased that I was only 5 or 6 secs behind him when he pitted. I also thought Sean was on primes but turns out he was doing a long stint on options. After they pitted I was only 5 secs behind Adam and on about lap 17 with 11 laps to go I decided mentally that I should try and go for the win I suddenly saw a spinning Mercedes as I came round the final turn. I took the lead and manged to keep Adam between 2 and 6 sec behind me. At one point I thought he was going to catch me when I started 'drifting off' and losing some concertration but I refocused and improved my lap times and when Adam went deep into the final hairpin on the penultimate lap I knew I had the win. Took the last lap quite easy and took the car over the line for my first ever F1PS3 league win!

I had a bit of luck with Adam spinning, not sure I would have caught him had he not made this msitake, but for once I was able to put 7/8 laps together with consistent times so am really pleased with this performance, my best yet. I went a little wide through sector 2 on ocassion but no spinning for once. Something I must aim to do more often.

I hope this win inspires others who are towards the back of the grid at the moment, it can be done, its just practe, practice, practice. It's taken me 3 seasons but was worth it, keep it up guys.

Redd.
Reddweasel
Reddweasel

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanbbb90 Wed May 08, 2013 11:47 pm

qually 6th...Race 3rd gud race a few battles with rob n a few other drivers cant remember which ones tho bt an enjoyable race i dint fink ild av bin tht close to the front bt made sum last minute ajustments to set car up for the race instead ov qually n it payed off Very Happy

Seanbbb90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down