Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The driver pen

Go down

The driver pen Empty The driver pen

Post by Guest Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:40 pm

Drivers: 1 - ThaCookster (Caterham) 2 - Bobjim123 (Williams) 3 - BrianJohnson43 (McLarren) 4 - Rob-lee77 (Sauber)
Interviews
(Conducted by Hudunikibolokov)

Q: ThaCookster, fantastic victory, that's your 16th win on the site now, could you describe your emotions right now?
TC: As I said earlier, It was kind of a race of what could have been, everyone was showing great pace, so for a few incidents on the first couple of laps to knock some people near the back of the grid while us lucky 4 got a bit of a gap was disappointing. But you know how it is, these things happen. I am still happy I was able to pick up the win.

Q: There certainly was great wheel-to-wheel action up and down the field today, how was it for you?
TC: To be honest, I didn't really have that much. I had a nice battle with Bobjim but that was short lived as he unfortunately made a mistake in front of me. Other than that I wasn't really involved in any wheel to wheel racing.

Q: How do you feel where you are in both championships right now?
TC: I am not even thinking about that at the moment. Me and the team are just taking it one race at a time and see where we end up after the last race. Its only the first race of the season. Plenty else can happen.

Q: Was that the sort of race you expected?
TC: Not at all, with the incidents on the first few laps, it spread that pack up a lot which kind of diminished any challenge that was going to come from behind.

Q: You had a good battle with MVA for the lead today, did you expect it to be as close as it was?
TC: I wasn't even expecting the win never mind it to be as close as that. We all know the talent of Mva, so he was always going to be up there. But to keep pressure on me for 29 laps was pretty intense for me.

Q: A great win today but how crucial was it getting a good qualifying result and was you contemplating many strategies?
TC: Qualifying is always important, we all know that. Strategy is not so important, we are at a race distance where you can't really play around with strategy that much. Its just your bog standard 1 stopper and that's it. But yes, Qualifying is and always will be important.

Q: There's been many rumors around the paddock that you're too quick for the Caterham, any thoughts on that?
TC: I wouldn't speak to soon Mr Bolokov, You know as well as I do that it is only the first race. The first lap incidents spread the pack out a lot which enabled me to run and hide along with Mva. The next few tracks will be better indicators.

Q: You currently lie 1st in both championships at the moment but without a team mate, where you think you'll finish in the constructors?
TC: As I said earlier, I am not really thinking about the Championship. But with no team mate, its going to be an uphill battle.

Q: How is the field different from others you have raced in?
TC: Its very different. No disrespect to anyone but the skill level isn't as high as the previous league I have raced in, but it is not far off. We all just need some time to work on ourselves and improve the weakness's.

Q: Who would you say is your strongest competitor for the championship?
TC: Its too early to say From the race Mva is going to look strong, Rob lee was looking good in practice as well as Dizzy & Brian. We will have to see...

Q: And how did your tires hold up in the race?
TC: This track has never been one of my strongest regarding tyre wear, I like to be on full attack all the times so that does punish my tyres. It was marginal but we got there thankfully. The next few races will be better on tyres though.

Q: I'm sure I heard you say you was hoping for wet weather but this entirely weekend was dry and it was very successful for you, thoughts?
TC: Yes, I am and always have been pretty strong in the wet so a nice wet race wouldn't go a miss. But there is nothing wrong with a dry race. No complaints. I had a brilliant first race weekend and I am raring to go for the 2nd race!

Q: Bob a great Pole, could you describe how you feeling after qualifying?
Bobjim123: First of all thanks. It felt good to pole the first race of the season especially as it was my first league race with most of my Assist off and with the likes of Rob, Cookie and MVA along with the other experienced guys there it made it feel even better.

Q: How much does that pole mean for the race?
LB: The Pole meant a lot and it put me in good stead for the race as I knew if I was able to keep composure I could of pulled away.

Q: When you realized you had set a good time, did you think it was good enough for pole?
LB: When I set it I wasn't 100% sure it would get me pole as I'd seen other people do quicker in practice sessions but it proved to be enough.

Q: From the start you just seemed to fall back, did you have a problem?
LB: I just couldn't get going in this race especially at the start but credit to the people that capitalized on my mistakes

Q: You currently lie 5th in the championship, who do you think will be your closest rival this season?
LB: Its hard to say because its been 1 race and I had a really bad one and some others haven't quite found there feet yet so its impossible to tell for now.

Q: Your team currently lie 5th in the constructors, only 9 points of the top, what is a realistic target for the team?
LB: Again its impossible to tell due to the fact we have only had 1 race but the very early signs are pointing to a close run.

Q: Was that the sort of race you expected? Long periods when you just seemed out on your own, driving against a delta - or did you just expect it to be much more closely competitive than that?
LB: I'm happy with 5th as my target was top 5 but looking back at it I was in a comfortable 3rd and managed to loose it, When I did put few laps together I was matching the pace of the leaders, I feel it will be a lot closer when every1 gets going.

Q: Talking about strategy you planned to quali on primes but switched to options mid way through, why the change of heart?
LB: I decided to change at last minute due to the qualy times, When I saw the time before I went out I knew I could beat and save some tyre wear while doing it.

Q: There's been some negative comments about you around the paddock, any thoughts on that?
LB: People can complain about me if they want I'm really not bothered, everyone is entitled to an opinion so not it doesn't effect my racing.

Q: Many people around the paddock have been complaining about you and your team mates usage of codes, any thoughts on that?
LB: My team mate is a bit of a melon if he wants to carry on doing it he can but I don't really see much point, I mute most people anyway in a race....

Q: After such a great qualifying but a poor race, what will you do now to change that?
LB: Ever since I've been on this site I've failed to get going till Bahrain so I may employ different strategies until then....

Q: Brian a poor finish when you looked so strong before the race what happened?
BrianJohnson43: I forgot to put my set up in.

Q: You currently lie 10th in the championship, who do you think will be you main rivals from the season?
BJ: Everyone

Q: A bad day in the office for McLarren scoring only 3 points, do you think you and your team mate could mount a challenge for the constructors?
BJ: no, well unless me and he buck our ideas up

Q: You said pre season that this season will be all about learning, how's that going?
BJ: at the minuite not too bad for now.

Q: You damaged your front wing early on but decided to carry on and you ended up spining, thoughts?
BJ: I was trying to get back to the pits but I it a ditch in the tarmak spinning me.

Q: Did you meet your expectations in qualifying and in the race?
BJ: no because i forgot to put my setup in.

Q: Apart from the crash, how was your race?
BJ: I wouldnt say i struggled, i did because i didnt have my setup but i didnt because i wasn't that far off

Q: There was many wheel to wheel battles out there today, how was it for you?
BJ: I wouldnt say i was nervous who was i battling with and mainly i was fighting my team mate and i wasn't as nervous as i was a couple of weeks ago.

Q: You got a podium in testing, can you see yourself grabbing a podium this season?
BJ: well im hopefully going to improve on that but im not really looking at that anything in the points is a bonus for me.

Q: What part of the car is the best for you at the moment?
BJ: well I don't know yet because i just got in it, it's very quick and it's alright in handling too but I'm unsure about the car at the minute.

Q: Rob, tantalizing close to the podium, thoughts?
Rob-Lee77: was close to a podium but i lacked pace at the end on the options,will be working to rectify this problem for next race.

Q: From starting at the back, this was a great results for you?
RL: I could of challenged for pole but i wasnt confident on how the first lap would pan out.so i elected to start on primes,and 4th was a good result.

Q: Both you and your team mate came from the back and picked up 20 points and currently lie 2nd in the constructors, thoughts?
RL: solid points for the team and im sure we can at least maintain a good point haul each race.

Q: Through free practice it seemed you had the pace for pole, what happened?
RL: I actually think i over practiced in the end.

Q: You damaged your front wing at the start of the race, how did it effect you?
RL: was a confidence knock,felt fortunate not to lose the wing all together it was quite a heavy collision.

Q: bit of a risk, staying out wasn't it?
RL: the car felt quite bad but i adapted to the loss of front end preformance.

Q: Your team mate let you passed on the first lap, team orders?
RL: my team mate felt i had the pace at the time,this was not team orders just pure team work.

Q: In general how was the race for you?
RL: I expected around 6th so 4th is a bonus.

Q: Did you have the pace for the podium today?
RL: I believe i did have the pace for the podium.

Q: Who do you think will be the closest rival to you this season?
RL: thats tough,ask me that question in a few races time.

Q:Many are speculating around the paddock that you have fell out with a certain somebody, care to comment?
RL: no

Q: Was the race how you was expecting it to be?
RL: it went exactly as expected the inncidents my slowish pace at the start and my progression through the pack.

Q: Your quite outspoken in your views against the usage of code words, care to comment?
RL: the sauber team thinks as one.no codes needed.

Back to top Go down