Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merged League FiA Agenda 17th April 13'

4 posters

Go down

Merged League FiA Agenda 17th April 13' Empty Merged League FiA Agenda 17th April 13'

Post by dizzymind Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:13 am

Agenda points.

1* inauguration of the new FiA members
2* Views on matters and idea's by mods, FiA members and site admins.
3* start of season 4, everything ready?
4* Gt5 idea's tips, hints, members search
5* dwindlig membership nrs - (bolocks)
6* troublesome membersc - (bolocks)
7* anything to add

Last edited by dizzymind on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
dizzymind
dizzymind

Back to top Go down

Merged League FiA Agenda 17th April 13' Empty Re: Merged League FiA Agenda 17th April 13'

Post by dizzymind Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:03 am

FiA Report 17/04/2013

1* the new members are all FiA branded, accept Odie as he missed his first meeting.
2* bigdave brought up the restart rule and if we want to change it . The aim is rule out lengthy restart sessions that end up in moving the race sometimes up to an hour.
we decided to leave the vote to change it up to the next meeting. All FiA members to cast their vote next week
2* FiA has decided that all leagues that arent familiar with rolling restarts are to practice one the first race weekend on the agenda, (moderators make a short session before race)
3* All Mods are agreed that their leagues are good to go for season 4.
4* Gt5 league - an endurance race date will be set, a post for attracting players will be made on website,
* GT5 Nissan league is still ON! accepting members
5* bollocks fell asleep during the meeting thus could not defend his agenda points - Bk however will try to get some promo stuff on the Codemasters website
5* more scouting in open lobbys must be done by all members
6* bolocks woke up at agenda point 6, FiA agreed all is under control
7* nothing to add
dizzymind
dizzymind

Back to top Go down

Merged League FiA Agenda 17th April 13' Empty Re: Merged League FiA Agenda 17th April 13'

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:30 am

For the points I missed, here's my opinion:

there should one restart if a few people lose connection because it's at least given them a chance but no more as it prolongs the race.

I think we should get rid of rolling restarts as so much can go wrong I.E. the leader bolting away or people going off tracks wearing their tyres.

and gt5 races should be kept small and simple for the moment because you havn't got that many members, wait until we get a few more consistent members before doing endurance events ETC

and for my agenda about new members, we always seem to get to around 120 members before it falls to about 90 and to further to support my claim we lost a league in the assist leagues. I think we should all to try to get more members through word of mouth but also we're going to need to train more stewards etc to cope.

Back to top Go down

Merged League FiA Agenda 17th April 13' Empty Connection Session Restarts

Post by F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod) Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:32 am

Ive had a good think about it & i think All Assist Leagues should restart no more than once if someone loses connection in Qualifying, & would like this decision decided before Australia on Monday.

As for Rolling race starts i agreed that All Assist Leagues should practice them so everybody would be ready for any future changes if they were to happen.

Also regarding Hudunikibolokov, since his name is a Russian translation he must race with a Russian flag at all times. Wink
F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod)
F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:51 pm

i witnessed rolling restarts become quite common once they were adopted in pro1.i dont wanna see 1 in 3 races be rolling restarts,i just think its wrong.
i suggest restarting once if we have to for a lost connection, then a new qualy, instaed of the 2 times we currently back out.
i would love to start at 8pm but we cant do that because that would exclude redweasel from racing.also if a 2nd qualy is used there is only a 1min break after qualy.this keeps it simple and straight forward for everyone.im not saying pro1 should do this,its just how id like to run pro2.
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Merged League FiA Agenda 17th April 13' Empty Static Restart

Post by Guest Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:17 pm

Another possibility is a static restart. The steward can call each driver, in their original positions, to slowly pull away from the grid an form up in single file on the start straight. When happy the steward counts down the start. Obviously a jump start will have a time penalty. It will be interesting to hear the thoughts of my fellow drivers. General

Back to top Go down

Post by Vernon-ator_1991 Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:01 pm

GeneralManuva wrote:Another possibility is a static restart. The steward can call each driver, in their original positions, to slowly pull away from the grid an form up in single file on the start straight. When happy the steward counts down the start. Obviously a jump start will have a time penalty. It will be interesting to hear the thoughts of my fellow drivers. General

You get given penalties for not moving on the track during qually or race.

Thanks. It obviously wouldnt work in that case.
Vernon-ator_1991
Vernon-ator_1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down