Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car Setups And Driving Styles

Go down

Car Setups And Driving Styles Empty Car Setups And Driving Styles

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:50 pm

I'm not sure how many of you play the Formula 1 games or real racing such as Gran Turismo but I just created this thread to have an insight on peoples driving preference. In Formula 1 there a tiny line between being aggressive and smooth. To the un trained eye it is difficult to assess and compare driving styles amongst drivers.

I prefer a smooth driving style while still using curbs. Depending on the track I like to vary between oversteer and understeer setups.

What is your preferences and driving styles?

I also wanted to know about the car set ups teams use in sessions particularly in qualy and race. In 2012 we saw the redbull have great qualy pace where as the Ferrari didn't but it did however enjoy good race pace. How do teams set up their cars and is there comprises to be made if they think they benifit running a race style set up in qualy to get better race pace rather then a better grid position. After all, there is virtually not changes allowed on race day; teams use the same set up as qualy unless its wet.

So... What is your driving style and how do you like your car set up??

Back to top Go down

Car Setups And Driving Styles Empty SET UPS

Post by BK_1975 (F1 Mod) Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:26 am

I would really like to see your set up....... Shocked
BK_1975 (F1 Mod)
BK_1975 (F1 Mod)

Back to top Go down

Car Setups And Driving Styles Empty Preferences

Post by Guest Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:05 am

I always try to drive with a mixture of both smooth and aggressive, I try not to use the kerbs to save on tire life but turn in aggressively and try to get on the power earlier, I normally tend to brake early but go soft on the break, also I tend to do this whilst behind another car so I don't go into the back of them. My setups tends to be more lenient to understeer because I hate oversteer but this as faded a bit since now I'm on the wheel, also my setups tend to be set up for the race, for example I set my last gear to max out in the race without DRS.

Back to top Go down

Car Setups And Driving Styles Empty Re: Car Setups And Driving Styles

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down