Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Patch 2 Steering Issues

2 posters

Go down

Patch 2 Steering Issues Empty Patch 2 Steering Issues

Post by Guest Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:43 am

Whether through error by Codemasters, or an unexpected product of the work done in the Patch, I've immediately noticed upon booting up the game after installing Patch 2, that the steering physic-settings have changed for wheel users.

As a G27 owner, this is definitely a problem, so I'm guessing others of you out there using that wheel (of which many are using my suggested Wheel Settings from September) may be suffering the same?

For whatever reason, there seems to be minimal input. My guess is that someone silly at Codemasters didn't program the console version to only turn up to 240 degrees instead of 900 degrees, which one can at least switch off on the PC version with the Logitech desktop software that comes with the wheel

I've browsed the forums, experimented myself briefly this afternoon. And have found the following changes get G27s back to feeling nearly the same as before:

Steering Saturation 65%-70%. I currently have it on 70%
Steering Linearity 10%-15%. I currently have it on 15%
Wheel Weight 60%-80%. I currently have it on 70%
(I'm not fully decided on what wheel weight to go with. I find 80% a bit too heavy on the arms after a few laps, yet find 60% too 'floaty' for my taste - though will feel great for most and let you go fast, I'm a bit of stubborn bastard when it comes to realism. Regardless, the percentage you come up for wheel weight will depend on pairing it with an appropriate Linearity setting I'm guessing)

Whether this is something new for players to deal with again, or a quick patch will need to come out, who knows.
Either way, was a slight shock to come across this issue earlier today. Thought my wheel was broken initially :S

Best Wishes,
Crank.

Back to top Go down

Patch 2 Steering Issues Empty Re: Patch 2 Steering Issues

Post by dizzymind Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:30 am

Capt_Crankshaft PL1 Mod wrote:
Either way, was a slight shock to come across this issue earlier today. Thought my wheel was broken initially :S

Best Wishes,
Crank.

ive been there as well, what the hell have they done now...
dizzymind
dizzymind

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:35 am

Change the settings and you can get it back to what it used to be

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:37 am

Thanks again crank, great help and wheel s back to how it was

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:47 pm

Thanks crank settings did the trick had to adjust them slightly as I use a G25 wheel but it's nearly the same as it was Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by VictoriousBoy69 Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:35 am

Forcw feedback is much , much stronger that it was !
VictoriousBoy69
VictoriousBoy69

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down