Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Melbourne Race Reports

2 posters

Go down

Melbourne Race Reports Empty Melbourne Race Reports

Post by F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod) Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:11 am

Post below...

Last edited by F1xStevo_87 (AL2 Mod) on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:11 am; edited 1 time in total
F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod)
F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod)

Back to top Go down

Melbourne Race Reports Empty melbourne

Post by Guest Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:44 am

Quailified 7th... so so effort in qualy got moved to 6th when some one disconnected .Not that great of a start i was taking it easy going into the first corner and it appears my teammate shunted me into the gravel. Now in 11th spot had to push hard to catch up. Had a good clean dual with KEVO... got by him then just kept pushing. Tires worked out good as i made it to my pitstop and changed to inters just at the right time. As i was exiting the pits i hear my teammate saying he knew it was me in the pits he was already a lap down or so but he never let up and crashed me for the second time. I will be having a long talk to MARTIN WHITMARSH about this Evil or Very Mad as i thought i had the pace for a podium.Ended up 4th.. alright , but could have done better. Hope its sorted for MALAYSIA . RR[img][/img]

Back to top Go down

Melbourne Race Reports Empty goodbye melbourne

Post by kevo43 Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:05 am

Qualified 9th
Started 8th
Finished 8th

My debut in this league so wanted to stay out of trouble (think I just about managed it). Not my favourite circuit so satisfied with quali and final position.
Nice duel with Rracier early doors but he deffo had the better of me.
As the race went on I guess I was racing brian but poorly judged pitstops put an end to that, seemed to me we were trading similar laptimes so looking forward to future races.
Last 8 laps or so were full wets and tried to close in on 7th but made no headway.
Well done to John for the win in testing conditions and hopefully a quiet race for the stewards. Nice job to all who took part Cool

kevo43

Back to top Go down

Melbourne Race Reports Empty Melbourne

Post by Guest Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:22 am

Before the start of this GP I was going downhill in pace so I had to take a risk in this GP by using a set up with terminal understeer, Qualified down in 5th and I felt I was held up in my fastest lap but nevertheless qualifying wasn't a disaster, coming into the GP I knew I was going to get a quick get a way but I've seemed to pick up a similar reputation to Grosjean at the start and Maldonado for my nature in driving so I wanted the 1st corner to be clean and it was, all the way through the race I was jostling for position between 2nd to 5th, I eventually got into 3rd place but I was struggling for grip on both the intermediate and full wet tyres and 2nd got away and eventually lapped me, I was keeping a steady gap to 4th at the end which I think was RRACIER but as the race went on I struggled even more for grip/traction and only just managed 3rd another 2 or so laps and I would have lost the position, I came into the GP expecting 3rd place and I came out 3rd, I think this is the maximum I could have extracted from this GP and I am happy I managed the most I could in extreme conditions and look forward to the next race in Malaysia.

Back to top Go down

Melbourne Race Reports Empty melbourne

Post by Guest Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:10 am

quali was just what i expected tbh not having the pace but enjoyed and ended in 10th
race started of ok just wanted to keep all wheels on track and out of trouble , messed my pit stops up not choosing the right tyers (not one but twice ) ended up crawling round after spinning out once i got the wets on (frigging rain )set about just trying to finish my first full race in the league ,hopefully find some pace before f1 2013 comes out thanks all and great win johnlarking

Back to top Go down

Melbourne Race Reports Empty Re: Melbourne Race Reports

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down