Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Korean GP - Race Report

3 posters

Go down

Korean GP - Race Report Empty Korean GP - Race Report

Post by BradChick Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:19 am

First off all apologize for not qualifying Sad i tried 3 times but got corner cuts on each flying lap. then i had no time to try again. was rubbing the white lines when i got them, but to make it fair i started on my worn tyres.

making up places on the first lap i found myself in 4th. then over the next couple of laps 1st.
everything going well untill my mechanics decided to put my options, (planned for the last stint), on at lap 11. so that meant i was slow at the end.

but nevertheless coming out just infront of james we had a good battle untill the finish line. this time without contact Smile

well done james
BradChick
BradChick

Back to top Go down

Korean GP - Race Report Empty Re: Korean GP - Race Report

Post by Jamesboro1993 (DRT) Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:44 am

Quali - Joint 3rd

I new my race pace was alot better and more consistent than my qualifying, I done a lap on the prime and it was my faster I had done so I stuck with that.

Race - 1st

Got a reasonable start, went slightly wide into turn 1 which I benefited from as there was an incident with Malaske. Then I took Laurence on lap 2 I think it was, keep up a reasonable pace and then settled and dropped to 3rd and just kept up with the pace. Missed my pit stop by a lap and then I done it the following pit stop too, so that's when I decided to change to a 3 stop. Eased of the pace a bit so I didn't 'fall of the cliff' but was still reasonable fast, after all the pit stops I came out just behind Chickie, then the following lap I was right on his tale and we were battling the last 4 laps.
Jamesboro1993 (DRT)
Jamesboro1993 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Korean GP - Race Report Empty Korea GP - 2/9/2012

Post by Reddweasel Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:46 pm

Quali - 6th

Thanks to Chickie I didn't start at the back of the pack. Put in an average quali time that I happily foget off hand; I think a rough 1:37 something. Awful as I'm sure I could have gotten a 1:34 at a push. However with no RBR plus a couple others I wasn't willing to 'stretch' my tyres for the sake of a place or two so was queitly pleased when I realised I'd be starting on my options with 92% still left.

Race - 6th

Exited the first corner to find Chickies rear end and Malaske's Sauber (sideways) in front of me: Typical! Can take the boy out of the Lotus/Pl2 but can't take the banditry out of the boy!
Anyhow, damaged my front wing shunting one of them (I forget who now) and sped off up the 1.2km straight in 5th with Thee Mask and Malaske behind.
Had a couple of good laps with some close racing with Thee Mask before he made a mistake (I think) and he fell behind and I managed to keep them both behind me until my first stop on lap 5 when my stupid pit crew decided to put on full wet tyres and not the primes I had asked for.

I managed to eek my way around the track without spinning but lost places to both Malaske and Thee Mask and found myself in last on changing to the correct tyres. Flew on trying to keep as consistent as possible. Never really hit amazing times but felt I began to start putting in consistent batchs of 7 out of 10 times if you get my meaning!

Managed to pass Thee Mask during some pit stops most likely because I somehow managed to move to a three stop race (If I don't include my wet tyre mistake!) rather than a four stop somehow and just about managed to sop myself from being lapped.

Good - Didn't spin once even when on wet tyres for one lap and times wer not blistering but were consistent in batches of 6/7 laps.

Bad - Stupid pit crew (I'm sure I selected Primes correctly; could have been me though!) pretty much ruined my race thereafter. If it hadn't have been for this mistake it would have been nice to see if my consistency could have gotten me an extra place. Unfortunately it was a rather lonely race for me.

Overall my best result of the season so far, however this is mainly due to a low turnout; no RBR, no teammate etc.

On to India.
Reddweasel
Reddweasel

Back to top Go down

Korean GP - Race Report Empty Re: Korean GP - Race Report

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down