Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Great Concern

2 posters

Go down

A Great Concern Empty A Great Concern

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:50 am

I would like to make an appeal against the race steward, ThaCookster.
Unfortunately, I was DCD but Tardis sent me two invites so i was able to rejoin the session. I then made him aware of what happened and told him what the consequences of joining midway therough session might do to the outcome of qualifying to which he replied "Well it looks that way". Anyway once quali was completed he messaged me saying i had called him "a wanker" and persisted on messaging me after that.
As i predicted the quali result was tampered with and a Ferrari who claimed 2nd place was demoted to 14th. How an earth is that fair?
My greatest concern is that too many people in this league/site carry a reputation whether it be because they are good at the game or top of the hierachy of this RACING league that seriously affects others. Throughout the race I had Sam talking to me whilst i was RACING? and he was warning me for cutting corners i hadn't cut? Not only is this poor but it surprisingly got annoying after a while. And yet when I was the victim of an incident at Parabolica (Monza), he was nowhere to be seen? Ridiculous if you ask me and im not going to stand there and let someone who is reasonably quick at a PS3 game tell me how to race properly because some stnadards of driving out there today wouldnt have even made open lobbies!

John

Back to top Go down

A Great Concern Empty Re: A Great Concern

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:13 am

I am unaware how AL1 works regarding disconnections usually but in Pro League 1 we usually have 2 disconnections and on the 3rd race we will carry on without people even if they lose connection from Qualifying. We always send out invites before the Race so that you can easily rejoin. This was not a personal thing to prevent you from doing well. This was just the way that I have always run things. If you think I am against you we wouldn't have called of the Qualifying when you just logged on. We do not want to be waiting here all night so my rule of thumb is usually 2 restarts and continue on the 3rd. If that fails then the Race is rescheduled. In a way, you could be quite happy that you rejoined through the invite.

The reason why I messaged you after Qualifying was to confirm whether you said what I thought you said. Because that is blatant disrespect for the Steward and should be dealt with accordingly.

I never once said "Well it looks that way". We have had people disconnect and reconnect to Qualifying in Pro League 1 without any grid change at the beginning of the Race. We know that there is no change when it is in a Private lobby. So I don't know what happened regarding B_j_orn, but UD did say he cut Ascari so he did deserve to end up near the back.

I am concerned for this "Throughout the race I had Sam talking to me whilst i was RACING?" Whether you were imagining something or heard someone else but I never spoke to you off my own accord, only when I needed to because I did not want to deal with the attitude you were giving out towards me. I would not talk to you or say you were corner cutting when you weren't. When I saw you corner cutting I made you aware.

If you are relating to the incident at Parabolica on the penultimate lap I did say that we would leave that till after the Race for the FiA to decide. I knew exactly what happened and who was to blame but I'd rather the whole FiA decide.

If you want to talk about standards of racing, I along with a couple of other people will quite happily talk about the standards of YOUR racing today, That's your choice...

Thanks
PRO League Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:00 pm

1) I said "So it looks like ill either be starting at the back or at the very front" to which you replied "well it looks that way". I'm sure Rob and whoever else i could hear would back me up - or maybe they wpuldn't.
2) I got a message off Roblee saying that we'll give Ud-war another chance in the same session that i got dcd from because of his connection problems. Why wasn't I given this opportunity after being dcd?
3) Whether Bjorn cut Ascari or not, He qualified 2nd and started 14th. Not sure that any driver in any form of racing or gaming would be given 12 place grid penalty for cutting a corner. Cutting Ascari gains you 0.5 maximum.
4) It's impossible to watch everyone go through ascari so clearly 1 or 2 or maybe 5 people cut it. Why wasn't everyone allowed to cut it like last season?
5) The rules in this league are different to your league and its a sign of arrogance and wrongdoing on your part to just assume they're the same. In the last race we re-started about 4 times thanks to LAG.
6) I was also asked to let Bjorn through in the race? why was this? I wasn't given a reason as i didn't gain anything by that overtake?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:14 pm

If you want a response

I will reply later

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:18 pm

explanation***

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:22 pm

Don't try and get smart with me Mr Larkin!

You will have a response later, I'm too busy for your petty arguments at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:29 pm

They aren't petty arguments. You cant make rash decisions like you did yesterday and not back them up. That's the sign of an arrogant person!
I'll allow you to EXPLAIN yourself later since you have such a busy schedule!

Back to top Go down

A Great Concern Empty Restart

Post by UD-War Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:31 pm

We only backed out for me once John, that wouldve been the 2nd restart because of u, u was lucky u got back in!
UD-War
UD-War

Back to top Go down

A Great Concern Empty MR LARKIN ABOUT

Post by BK_1975 (F1 Mod) Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:06 pm

NO CORNER CUTS AND THAT IS FINAL

As for arrogant person I think you should take a good look in the mirror.

NO CORNER CUTS AND YOU KNOW IT.....................................

We restarted becouse you were late and then you got a DC so that makes it 2 restarts becouse of you.
The league is run as fair as possible and it seems you think diffrent so please read drivers handbook and if its not to your liking get back to me.
BK_1975 (F1 Mod)
BK_1975 (F1 Mod)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:37 am

Johnlarkin2011 wrote:
4) It's impossible to watch everyone go through ascari so clearly 1 or 2 or maybe 5 people cut it. Why wasn't everyone allowed to cut it like last season?
5) The rules in this league are different to your league and its a sign of arrogance and wrongdoing on your part to just assume they're the same. In the last race we re-started about 4 times thanks to LAG.
6) I was also asked to let Bjorn through in the race? why was this? I wasn't given a reason as i didn't gain anything by that overtake?

?!??!

No corner cuts on any corner on any track ever. If it was allowed last season, then that was a mistake that has now been corrected. It is true that the stewards can't see every driver in every corner of every lap. But you will eventually get caught. And the punishment is very harsh. Drivers who purposefully cut corners are not wanted in F1PS3League. This has been a rule for all leagues always. And there's nothing vague or open to interpretation about it. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the very first rule written. It's one of the foundations of F1PS3League. If we allow corner cuts at Ascari, then why not allow it somewhere else?

There's plenty of other leagues out there that allow that sort of thing and use wishy-washy rules. Not here.

Every league under the F1PS3League umbrella uses the same basic rules. There's not much variation in the rules between leagues outside of assists. And if there is, then that's the problem that FIA needs to look into. It doesn't matter what league the steward is from. The general rules are the same and steward always has final say. And if I'm not mistaken; didn't the steward in question help write the rules?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:13 am

Mr Larkin,

I would like to say again that I did not specifically say "well it looks that way" I am not going to be pedantic about this but I said words to that effect, basically you are going to start at the back, just stating the obviously really.

Regarding the message from Rob Lee I was unaware of this n'or did I hear anything off him to suggest that was going to happen. As I said previously, on the 3rd session that is it, unless there is a mass disconnection then I never restart. Everyone knows that In my League, It is up to the Steward what they decide to do in this event and I just carried out what I would normally do no matter who it was. Don't think I have a personal vendetta against you because I am getting the impression that's how you feel.

This again tails in with my previous point, If we were to restart this event then it would've had to have been rescheduled because we cannot stay here all night restarting. We will get nowhere and it is just a waste of time. So I took the decision to continue. On top of that, I don't know who I heard it from but I heard someone say someone got a penalty, In this case I was presuming that it was B_j_orn and he must have got a +20 grid drop which would have put him to the back. I will admit and take it on the chin if it was a bad decision.

Are you seriously asking that question of why everyone isn't allowed to cut it?! Do you know the main rule of our whole website. Have you ever read through the Drivers Handbook cause I seriously suggest you head over there if you even considered asking that question!

As I said above, It is up to the Steward on that day what he decides to do. For every Race that I have been a Steward I have carried out the same rule of thumb and there has been no complaints so far. I think you just have something against me because I didn't restart when you got disconnected. This is what this is all about.

If I remember this incident correctly, the reason why I told you to let B_j_orn through was because you gained an advantage by going off track. Correct me if I am wrong but you were behind him and you were coming alongside him going into Turn 1. You out braked yourself and used the run off area on the Chicane and did not let him back through. To me and I am sure everyone that is clearly gaining an advantage by going off track.

On an end note, I see you didn't bring driving standards up again but I am just going to run through what you did so EVERYONE in your League knows. This may have occurred because you thought you were unfairly treated or angry but I am still not happy by the way you conducted yourself during the Race.

- First of all, You overtook 2 people off the track (one of which I have already mentioned) at Turn 1 thus gaining an advantage. Yes you did let B_j_orn back but I thought that it was unacceptable the way you let Moody through by waiting till the DRS zone to let him through so you was able to get DRS on him.

- I also found it very unsportsmanlike and not very fair how you slowed down coming up to the DRS line so the other car passed you and you was able to get DRS.

- I have been told that we have video evidence on you cutting corners on multiple occasions.

- I have also been told that we have video evidence of you blatantly slowing other cars down behind you illegally.

I would like to say that I do not want to discuss this any further. My stewarding has never been brought into question but because you did not get your own way last night and we didn't restart for you, plus you having a pretty poor race by anyone standards you are trying to blame someone and you choose me.

PRO League Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:50 pm

FIrstly, my driving was perfectly fine doing a 1 stop strategy climbing from 13th to 3rd? Secondly, I raced HARD but FAIR!
I dont see why you've HEARD all these things and until you've seen it or heard it for yourself then it's wrong to hold anything againts me?
Now onto the next thing, I never called you anything and no one heard me call you anything so why would you ask me and Rob if you were sure i said it?
No if you're stewarding was NEVER IN DOUBT then why did message Rob to warn me especially when he was watching the race from a different perspective and he never saw me do anything wrong?
I find it really amazing that all this politics has overshadoweed the fact that i was took out on the second to last lap and lost 3 positions? Nothing was even mentioned of that and none of it was subject to be discussed in FIA.
How a race ban and DSQ is fair i do not know. 50 points have been handed to Ud-War on a plate!
Good game!

Back to top Go down

A Great Concern Empty Last lap

Post by UD-War Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:12 pm

It wasnt Adams fault, it was your own fault! U outbraked yourself went into the back of Adam who made parabolica perfectly fine round the outside and u made urself spun. And what has this to do with me getting 50 points? Its Singapore, a 46 lap danger for wings and crashes lol. How are u sure I'm going to win that one?
UD-War
UD-War

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:13 pm

Hi John,
I am only just commenting on your next stage mate,
Put an appeal up in the drivers association area and Skillz should get back to you,
Failing that put an appeal into FiA yourself so that matter can be re looked at ASAP.
Keep it clean and simple.

Cheers
Linden

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:44 am

Yeah I added the guy weeks ago and he hasnt got back to me? And ud you're opinion is just that - your opinion. It was my corner and he turned into me losing me 3 places.

Back to top Go down

A Great Concern Empty Re: Great Concern

Post by UD-War Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:13 am

U know thats not true otherwise u would have put your appeal in, u outbraked urself and went into the back of Adam.
UD-War
UD-War

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:55 am

I haven't appealed anything yet because I still have you arguing with me days and days after the race?
I wouldn't have outbraked myself there on low fuel.. I had the inside line and the corner for that matter, and was then hit and spun and smashed into by someone else.
That cost me 3 places like it or not. I know Adam is a mate of yours and hes a good mate of mine as well but it doesn't make a difference whatsoever.
The key to this is impartiality which quite a lot of people dont have in this league which is why I AM BANNED, BEEN DSQ, WHY THE RACE WASN'T RESTARTED, AND WHY THE FIA have in a polite way, SCREWED me over.
Adam turned into me and made a mistake. You can't make 2 by 2 round Ascari usally so 3 was never going to work which is why I suggest you back out accusing me of clumsiness and being too inept to make a corner that I had perfectly fine for 39 consecutive laps! Under the same amount of pressure. You should take a look at some of your drivers in this league before you start slamming me for a little 'lock up' or 'outbraking myself' excuse.

Back to top Go down

Post by UD-War Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:11 am

I'm not arguing with u, I'm just telling u not to blame others for ur own mistake, but John feel free to appeal for the incident if u think it's necessary mate!
UD-War
UD-War

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum