Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Italian GP - Race Report

2 posters

Go down

Italian GP - Race Report Empty Italian GP - Race Report

Post by BradChick Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:39 am

Quali 3rd

Race 1st

Had a great start of the line. was into first. then redweassel chopped me up :/
wasnt to anoyed as he is a clean driver and never does anything like this. however, for some reason i got a driver through!! ill put vid up for everyone to see

fighting back i managed to get from the back of the pack, up to first. following my one stop stategy.
i thought i would have been the only one doing a one stop. therefore dispite not having the fastest car, i may win. however, mr BK also had the same idea Sad so settled for 2nd. think i could have had a race win here, but thats racing and nothing is meant on purpose Smile

Cheers, Chickie
BradChick
BradChick

Back to top Go down

Italian GP - Race Report Empty Re: Italian GP - Race Report

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:27 am

Qualified 5

Race 4

Did not get my usual great start and was a bit cautious at the first corner, got through all right and had decent pace but still did not push the car to its limits early on as I did not want to end up in sand drag, nothing really much happened, passed a few cars due to them making a mistake, the most exciting part was when chickie started bothering me lol, he got me in drs zone and that was that, was keeping a constant 8 seconds behind 3 rd spot and I my last stint with Blackdevil 25 seconds behind me I opened up the RedBULL to see what it could do, started setting fastest laps with ease and got to about 6 seconds of 3rd but it was to late to get that place, was happy ish with performance but no If I had pushed harder I would have secured a podium, the top 3 promotion candidates did there thing and I was glad I was the best of the rest, should have had double my points by now but bad luck and penalties have screwed my season, already planning for the new season

Back to top Go down

Italian GP - Race Report Empty Monza 12/08/12

Post by Reddweasel Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:39 am

To borrow a famous footballing term 'It was a game of two halves'.

Quali: 1st

My build up to the race was short. Only returning from the west early hours of Saturday I only had a couple hours practice and set up in the early hours of Sunday. Took a risk by not bothering with any wet set up and practice at all as well.
So was slightly surprised to see myself on pole even though many of the others were on primes unlike myself.

Race: 8th (The second half)
In all honestly in the load in seeing myself on pole only added to my nervousness, to say I was feeling like a fish out of water is putting it mildly and so my inexperience showed as soon as the first corner. Before turning left heading for the long straight I was aware Chickie was to my right. On turning left I belived Chickie to have backed out of passing me and belived him to be right on my rear wing. At the same moment I swear my 'white arrow/sensor showed a car to my left and so I straightened/jinked my car to the right to avoid contact....
Reddweasel
Reddweasel

Back to top Go down

Italian GP - Race Report Empty Monza 12/08/12 Cont'd

Post by Reddweasel Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:02 am

(When using the PS3 to type I only get so many characters hence the need for a second section!).

Something I'm wary of (Bumping into a fellow racer side on) ever since catching Thee Mask at the second corner in Canada after the SC and spinning out ruining a potentially good race for me. Anyhow unbeknownest to me Chickie was in fact to my right. My change of direction put myself onto the grass/gravel and Chickie nearly in the wall. Once again I pass on my sincerest apologies to Chickie. I also recall thinking on rejoining in 7th and seeing Chickie in 8th 'Who hit Chickie off?' Not realising it was me!

Anyway after this it went pear shaped; went too long on worn options ending up in the gravel. First lap out on cold primes I spun and lost my nose. Tried to make my second set of primes last to the end but spun out and smashed my nose again: What's called Karma! That's what Chickie tells me anyway!

So to conclude; I occassionally match race pace over single lap but I'm not consistent over a whole race and ..
Reddweasel
Reddweasel

Back to top Go down

Italian GP - Race Report Empty Monza 12/08/12 Cont'd 2

Post by Reddweasel Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:10 am

still making occassional silly mistakes i.e Cold tyres! Cold tyres!

Maybe the 10 day break and rushed return had disrupted my 'building rythym' as well, who knows. Anyhow I'll put it all down to experience for the future.

Cheers all.
Reddweasel
Reddweasel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:41 am

Qually - 6th

Race - 3rd

Qually - Set a decent lap and managed to squeeze myself up to 6th on prime tires which was a pleasant surprise after my lack of drive to practice this week.

Race - Benefited from Reddweasel deciding that he didn't want Chickie at the front of the pack early on, and managed to get up to second after a lovely move on the mask at the first corner, and Fidla getting an unusually slow start. I can't remember completely, but I think BK made a mistake at the second chicane so I took the lead, and with BK fighting behind me, managed to pull out a little bit of a gap. BK overtook me at the end of my first stint, so I pitted for another set of primes, knowing that the Sauber which possesses a rubber stripper on its tires would not manage a one stop. I returned in 2nd behind Chickie and then had some great battles with BK, but he and his McClaren were far to fast for me around Monza and I submitted the position to him, knowing that I wasn't racing for a win. Then after my second stop managed to come out in third and maintained the gaps to the drivers ahead of me after that. Must say BK and Chickie, I didn't need the advice of cutting turn 9 every lap to make sure I got a podium but thanks for the idea anyway. Wink Very pleased to score some points after an embarrassing crash at Spa, which once again releases a bit of the pressure which mr ill(talkalot)skills has put me under for my promotion place. Not looking forward to Singapore though as I think my Grandma can run around the track faster than I can drive round it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down