Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AL2 Valencia Rhian Crash

4 posters

Go down

AL2 Valencia Rhian Crash Empty AL2 Valencia Rhian Crash

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:33 am

Here's a clip of the lap 2 incident. I know you're wanting this ASAP.
I'll upload the whole video by morning.

Back to top Go down

AL2 Valencia Rhian Crash Empty Re: AL2 Valencia Rhian Crash

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:47 am

My personal view - I had the corner, Rhian has said he noticed my speed on the straight, it wasn't a lunge it was a normal overtake, I went over to the kerbs as far as possible without cutting. I left a Mercedes width and more on the outside for his car. Racing incident.

My stewardistic view - The move wasn't dirty, the track limits were not breached, enough space was left for the other car on the outside. The car on the outside when another car is more than the rear wheel alongside should know he's lost the corner. Racing incident.

P.s. I have asked Rhian and he didn't scream or shout at me, he didn't claim dirty move. I've asked Bulletproofs opinion - "my corner"
Ferrari - "more than 60% alongside, so its my corner, rhian should have given me room going through, he turned in too early"
JohnLarkin - "your corner".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:01 am

Not for me to say about this incident but,

wow!

bullet thinks that was your corner? Question Don't no whether to laugh or sigh! Surprised

so why all the bitching about Australia then bullet? i was a damn sight more alongside you there than Ipswich was on rhiann!

Back to top Go down

Post by BulletRacing (DRT) Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:50 am

I said to Ipswich that i thought it was risky overtake into that corner and i also said that i thought Rhian should have left more room for ipswich but i never said that it was his corner but in Australia which was about a year ago now, you werent in a position to say that was your corner. As soon as ipswich asked my opinion of the incident i said it wasnt the best move but if it was clean then it should have been ipswich´s corner. Ipswich also asked if i wanted to put in an appeal on you for your move on me which nearly ended in disaster but i said no( even though nothing would have happened to you if i did ). Also sorry Rhian for destroying your vehicle Sad

BulletRacing (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Post by F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod) Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:05 am

Thanks Bullet for letting me know.
F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod)
F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:30 am

Ipswich u didnt leave me enough room on the outside and i was taking the racing line. u were also a bit too far back too make the move and i think u should've waited at least a few more corners before u could make the move.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:36 am

There was room for 2 cars there. Just did a race @ valencia, same move and shocker! the other guy chose the piece of track where there wasn't a car ON the apex.

I was alongside, so the far back thing has no presidence as I was alongside.

If i didnt make the move, you were free and clear in your merc as i only got that close due to a mistake from you in the last corner.

ps on the mic you said "i know you're coming down the straight you're much faster than me" i assumed you knew where my car was.

as i said in a lounge the other day, from now on i will recognise that people dont always know where my car is.

Back to top Go down

Post by BulletRacing (DRT) Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:29 pm

My final opinion is that it was a risky move but Rhian didnt leave alot of room so id say its a racing incident. ( MY OPINION)

BulletRacing (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:46 pm

Hi Bullet,
I do Believe you are an FiA Member of the AL2 league.
just to remind you we meet on Tuesday Night 10pm.

thanks
ADMIN
Admin
Admin

https://f1ps3league.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:04 am

Not sure who uploaded this but It's relevant so I thought I would put it up for you, Its a slow motion replay defining the turn-in point for the corner...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:12 am

I am not a member of FIA. I do not attend their meetings and have no say in anything. I am only a cameraman/assistant steward. Observe and report. I'm only trying to be helpful here.

In the rules of racing, an established overlap must be made before the turn in point for the passing car to be entitled to any room. In this situation, Ipswitch had not made enough overlap before the turn in point. Therefore Rhian was still in control of the racing line.
Here's a really good article about passing on the inside that will keep you out of trouble and make your wheel to wheel racing more enjoyable.

And here's a vid showing the turn in point. I hope this helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:37 am

Ipswich wasnt right beside as he tried the move so i took the racing line. If i knew he was there, i would of yielded and let him through

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:30 am

The majority of my car was alongside (in front of your rear wheel) this means I was alongside.

Exactly you didn't know I was there. I was wrong to assume you would recognise/be looking for where my car was before just turning in.

From now on I know that this is how people race, as unfortunate as it is for me that people dont look around, I accept it.

Also smalaske, if the car is there BEFORE the turn in point, as I was - I was alongside before the turn in point, the car in front cant just take the normal line. A car was ON the apex. I agree fully with what bullet has said to be honest.

Also Rhian, you dont need to yield, you just need to be aware of the other cars. but as i've said i know this isnt how people race so from now on ill take that into account.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:20 am

Ipswitch
The turn in point is where the car begins its turn on the normal racing line. Not the apex of the turn. Your front wheel is just barely even with Rhian's rear wheel at the turn in point. This is not enough overlap to be considered "alongside".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:45 am

If you have to be an entire car length ahead to complete a move, then almost every move both in real life and made on the game (league and open lobbies) would be a risky move and one that you should never make. Nobody would ever overtake.

Both cars need to be aware of the situation.

As I said, if nobody put their car on the inside, nobody would ever overtake. Almost all overtakes in real life are the 2nd car not being a car length in front. Cars run side by side through corners and the overtaking car makes the move without being turned in to.

You CANNOT take the normal line when another car is there. Just because that's the line on your own, doesnt mean it is when a car is overtaking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:49 am

i sense this is going to go on for a long time......... just accept the punishment you got for it Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by X_Adam-_-1993_X Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:10 am

omg is this still going on afro
X_Adam-_-1993_X
X_Adam-_-1993_X

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:38 am

I accepted a punishment. It continues to go on because people make it go on. I'll stop when everyone else stops. From what everyone is saying they dont approve of any overtake unless you're ahead before the corner. Well newsflash - that rules out 99% of every overtake ever in the history of racing

Back to top Go down

AL2 Valencia Rhian Crash Empty AL2 Valencia Crash

Post by Guest Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:58 am

although ipswich causes the accident rhian shud b more aware of the situation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:43 am

Because it was something that shouldnt have happened if the other guy was aware.
As i said i know now how people drive, so it wont be an issue in the future

Back to top Go down

Post by BulletRacing (DRT) Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:06 am

Admin i cant go this Tuesday mate on holiday so ill be there when i get back in a couple of weeks.

BulletRacing (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Post by BulletRacing (DRT) Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:17 am

After the slow motion i can see that Rhian it taking the corner normally and that Ipswich is quite far back to even get passed if there was room and no contact. I think its not the best decision to try a move into that corner ( turn 2) because of how tight it is and how easy it is to go into the wall on the left or go onto the run-off area. Still think its a racing incident but i think it was a bad decision to overtake there ipswich. Rhian could have been more aware of where you were but i think that if you left room ( Rhian) then you still would have been ahead for next corner because you would have had the inside line for turn 3.Overall i think we should move on from this incident because we cant say whos fault it is.

BulletRacing (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down