Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monaco GP - Race Report

Go down

Monaco GP - Race Report Empty Monaco GP - Race Report

Post by BradChick Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:58 am

Quali 1st
Primes! To start i really wasnt happy with the lap times i was doing. but it turned out to be alright.

Race 1st
Got a clean first corner which allowed me to keep the lead for a few laps. Then my worst nightmare. A safety car was out. the pack closed up and many pitted but i decided to stay out. 2 laps after the safety car my tyres fell of the cliff mid lap. i thought my race was over. i came out 3rd and quickly closed on 2nd and then 1st. going for a 3 stop race i pitted again. came out 2nd this time. again quickly closed on first (BK). following him, unable to get past for a few laps and then he spun on the 4th corner which released me. i new i need to pull out a big gap to get my last pits stop in. my engineer told me i was 30 seconds ahead, so the following lap i dived in the pits. came out 1st and finished the race there.

Really please with lotus' current performance. Front row lock down for the second time in 2 races. sMalaske with a great finishing position and some good points for the constructors Smile

My video will be on shortly. not that eventful. but ill try and point out some points of interest

Thanks and great racing everyone! Chickie
BradChick
BradChick

Back to top Go down

Monaco GP - Race Report Empty Bizzarro Monaco

Post by Guest Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:35 pm

Quali 2nd
Went out on primes. Busted my wing on the out lap. Came back and repaired. Went out and ran into traffic every lap. Came in and put fresh primes on and did another 4 laps. But ran into traffic again every lap. I was able to get 2nd on the last lap.

Race provisional 3rd
Got to turn 1 and thought i had closed the door but Blackdevil came across the curbs and got by. But he crashed at Mirabeau and I was back in 2nd.

Safety car came out on lap 7 I think. I decided to stay out and try to get a few extra laps out of the tyres. As soon as safety car came in I could tell I had made the wrong choice. So pitted for new primes and came out in 6th.

This is where everything got weird. Came up to Illskills and he slowed in front of me. I just barely got by but gave him a big bump as I did. I saw he fell back dramatically and I thought I had caused him to crash. But then just around the next corner was Illskills. Again? I passed him again and as I got around the next corner there's Illskills. Again! I had to pass Illskills 3 times every lap for about 8 laps. I had the same thing happen with Blackdevil and Thee Mask. Only when I try to pass Thee Mask i got put against the wall. Came out with only some scratches. Had a spin when the fake Blackdevil stopped in the middle of the track. Lost a lot of time there.

Lap 37 I caught up with BK. Was planning my attack when guess who pops up in front of me. Illskills again. And I had Linden coming up on me. I tried to get by the fake Illskills on the right. But our wheels got locked together. Linden came up on the left side. From what I can gather, in Linden's game Illskills wasnt there and he saw me hit the wall and tried to get by. We made contact and he not only didnt get by, but he got 20sec penalty. In my game, Illskills had me against the wall and Linden was stuck on illskills. Creating an illskills sandwich.

Lap 39 and Linden still on my gearbox. Got to the swimming pool and tyres were completely gone. Almost lost it. Then turn 15 and 16 the back stepped out and I gathered it up again. Then coming out of the last corner I barely touched the throttle and the car did a 180.

Finished behind Linden. But because of the 20 sec penalty, I got bumped up to 3rd.

I shouldnt complain about provisional 3rd. But that was a messed up race.

Back to top Go down

Monaco GP - Race Report Empty Re: Monaco GP - Race Report

Post by Guest Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:51 pm

Quali 6th

Race DNF

was happy with qualifying, TM was 5th so it was nice for team to get both cars on 3rd row, go a great start and got up to 3rd just before the hairpin before tunnel only to be hit out of the way by SEANSRI, he might not have done it on purpose but he should have given the place back but he carried on,

Was a good solid race for me, let my team mate through when i got the radio call, my screen was showing REDWEASEL behind but it was SKILLZ, i should have realsied then that the game had gone wrong, SC came out and i went into the pit and came out on the exact worn options which lasted until lap 10 so it was not to bad, was running great all the way up until around lap 30 and was confident of finishing 6th when i came up to SKILLZ, i got past him as he made a mistake only to have to get past him again 3 times on the same lap lol after that it was SKILLZ every lap, decided to pit but when i got the, i had to queue up even though the space was empty lol eventually i got black flagged for illegal blocking, was not happy the way this race turned out as i new i had decent pace and was getting points, i no it was not SKILLZ fault personally but something has to be done about this as i lost out big time here

Back to top Go down

Monaco GP - Race Report Empty Sauber Team Raise Concerns

Post by Guest Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:50 am

SAUBER TEAM SPEND 7 hrs WITH FiA and the STEWARDS.

Attendance ; - P.Sauber, A.Sauber, some bird called Moshika and Linden turned up Ranting...

PETE - Wheres Linden?
LW - I'm here Peter.
PETE - Give them your Race report and then we will Discuss this shit....

LW -
Qually, - 4th
Went well at first track was good barrier and cone was where it all should be, a few stewards hanging over the barrier's with iphones in there hand but thats ok, i got one of them ;), white 16gig lol.
Got some early laps in before the traffic got heavy and stuck in it 2nd, great that will do me.
as qually went on i had to go back out Andy mt engineer was doing his NUTT telling me he knew that time wasnt good enough, so back out i go to set another, got blocked by a few drivers, seansri, Bk, illskills but managed to get a clean lap at the end and lost it on the last corner, wasnt happy but settled with 4th.

PETE - yeh yeh all dandy now tell them about yr race.!! Bernie you listning??!

LW
Race - 4th
Good start managed to get up to 3rd behind Malaske in the renault, chickie up in first well the renault was keeping pace with his team mate chickie and i was easily keeping pace with both, so I made myself comfy into lean and saved tyres following the SLow renaults.
After lap 3-4 Safety car appears mmmm Andy screaming at me to box in and get primes Im telling him watch the renault gargage tell me what there doing.. nothin came back i swear he is deaf pete.. anyway I boxed on a gamble the renaults were gunna box, they didnt ;-( Ok no worries I came back out in 3rd no loss there. the Race then was pretty easy going, the renaults Boxed 5 laps later and i was first for a long time till i boxed for more primes, then back to 3rd, all going pretty easy, passed Illskills few times, starting hearing chatter on the radio from the stewards of cars stuck in the pitlane etc, so I ran a few laps over on my scheduled pit stop to allow it to clear, Illskills pops up infront of me then vanishes? i thought hey wtf, then as i box for the last time on options i come out behind malaske and BK? how the hell? anyway im in fourth now 9 laps left, illskills and fidla this time infront of me side by side? wtf? blocking? who knows illskills vanished again leaving fidla with his cock in his hand on the wrong side of the track so i slowly squeez past fids, still in 4th im hunting malaske down gaining 3 sec a lap, My tires are chewed so i nip into box pit crew half asleep more options, came out again still in 4th chasing malaske down 3 laps left im all over his gearbox his tyres are just wire hanging on now, i got him , or so i thought, coming out the tunnel throught the chicane malaske slams his breaks on, ? wtf, yellow flag appears and i have no option but to Crash into him or Move around him, i go around him but then realize iv overtook on a yellow so i slow really quickly and allow him back through, he rides on top of my car before the final straight so i let him get some distance before i try to catch him and take him again, this time it was harder twice i failed int he DRS zone to get by, so the last lap I had settled for 4th, andy told me to hold back and take 4th so i did, Last corner Malaske spins into the barrier I easily walk on by and take 3rd, due to the yellow flag i end up in 4th.

PETE - Right so you have heard the report from my driver, and you have read the report from the other driver bernie yes?
BERNY - Yeh iv read them all peter.
PETE - SO .... how about a re-run?
BERNY - F@@KOFF is the answer to that pete.
ALEX - What so you can see all the LAGG and glitchyness that clearly caused a hell of a lot of drivers didnt even race what felt like the same day, drivers were racing ghosts.
PETE - ffs Bernie how can you stage a show like monaco and have all the hype and build up for such a terrible race with lagg. Surely you must see the sense in a rerun.
BERNY - if you want to re run it just the teams and i can get the place closed off, but in know way will the results be effected, ie you can rerun it just tell me a time and day so i can shut monaco down and it will be done.
PETE - we will have to speak to the other teams alex what you think?
ALEX - I think it sucks, its BS, but if the other teams dont say anything about it, then i suppose we iwll just have to take the 4th and be content with it.
BERNY - sauber can appeal to the FiA about the yellow flag problem your driver had
LW - Hey eccelstone.. we aint here for the points we are here to race with clean drivers and fair drivers and i dont feel its fair at all that the Laggers couldnt race properly and caused probs for the rest of us.
and ill tel you this benrywerny....
PETE - SHut him up will ya Moni.
MONI - Linden Enough!! we will step outside...
LW - f@kki....n Nump....ties ......
PETE - Well as it stands then Berny we will come away from monaco knowing that if the teams want a rerun we will back that, and we will accept the results for sundays race. But i must stress berny if lagg continues like that a red flag needs to be Called !!. where the hell was charly anyway?

No Conculsion......

Sauber Team

Back to top Go down

Monaco GP - Race Report Empty Monaco GP 17/06/2012

Post by Guest Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:12 am

Qualified 5th

Admittedly this was a pleasant surprise as I mainly focused on keeping the car out of the wall which was my motto for this race weekend as previous attempt at speed around this track proved that my mechanics where the only people get faster. But a third row lockout was betters than the team expected.

Race 5th

Trying to start my camera but failing at the last minute cause me to get away to an awful start and lost 3 places, keeping the motto in mind I set about trying to finished the race in one piece, I made places up through pit stop phase and passed my TM. My race pace was pretty good and I started to pull away from my team mate and caught up seansri to which he spun out on the corner ahead of me, bearing in mind he was facing the wrong way as I came round the corner instead of waiting for me to pass he attempt to turn around in front of me causing contact and me to run wide then then safety car came out and I was stuck behind him, I pitted up the safety car and when I came out I was ahead of BK once the safety car came in a lap latter BK tried to get passed on corner 4 I took a defensive line and was knocked to which I ended up in the wall damaged car and an extra outsell now required. I pitted to change my nose cone (3 laps after previously pitting with primes) 3 laps or so latter seansri retired and after that drivers started complaining about me lagging which affected their race, despite the fact that I couldn't of done anything about it i apologies to all those affected as I can understand how annoying it must of been. It's taken the shine off of my 5th place finish but I hate this track and if I see it in 10 years time it'll be a day to soon lol. PS I so so gutted about what happen to my TM his luck has to change soon.

RBR refuse to be held accountable for the incidences at Monaco in regards to lagging and ask that tha FIA review an answer to up and coming races.
Christian Horner

Back to top Go down

Monaco GP - Race Report Empty Re: Monaco GP - Race Report

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down