Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-NEW RACER-

2 posters

Go down

-NEW RACER- Empty -NEW RACER-

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:00 am

One of my friends on PSN has said he's interested in the racing in League 2. He's asked if there is a seat going and if he can race with us. He's very fair even if the Geordie accent suggests otherwise ;P ... He said he's gonna register on the site so if you could keep an eye out and i also thought people should know just incase they thought Gnh was back on the scene Very Happy

Back to top Go down

-NEW RACER- Empty Geordie Accent???

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:07 am

Geordie??? Adams from Ipswich near Colchester u muppet! Lol Very Happy

Back to top Go down

-NEW RACER- Empty GEORDIE!!! STEVO!!

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:10 am

Agree to disagree lol...

Back to top Go down

-NEW RACER- Empty Re: -NEW RACER-

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:13 am

Gus aint :S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:15 am

watch out, geordie alert!

Back to top Go down

-NEW RACER- Empty STEVO!

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:19 am

I was confused when you said his name was Adam Steve... And he definitely doesn't have a similar accent to Ipswich1992 lol

Back to top Go down

-NEW RACER- Empty is he clean

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:20 am

Is he argumentative lol Shocked

Back to top Go down

-NEW RACER- Empty Seemingly not

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:23 am

Nope and his is as fair as they get

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:24 am

posted in the new members area for the league, just waiting to see what seats are going...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:04 pm

Ipswich1992 isnt from Ipswich, his from Harlow in west Essex! He only calls himself Ipswich because when he was 5 he wanted to feel like he lived by da sea so his parents told him he lived in Ipswich with them and they told him that Harlow was a translation from the name of of "Mulberry Hill" down the road in Ipswich aparently. Thats all i know about this tale lol Surprised Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:58 pm

Yeah i know he's from Essex. He goes to college in Harlow, Essex Very Happy ... I was joking Stevie! ;P

Anyway are there opportunities for drivers to come in because it says there is a transfer window (or whatever you want to call it) in March?

Back to top Go down

-NEW RACER- Empty transfer window

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:25 am

Transfer window is for when the season is over. The season was supposed to be finished by then, but because the patch took forever, the season has gone on later. As mick and rob said last night they are gonna see the season out as we are, then before next season starts, get a load of new drivers who are interested, and hold a few testing sessions to see who is committed and worthy of a place. Think we have had enough change so far this season lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:11 am

hopefully 3 ppl will be leaving the League 2 and promoting up to League 1 at end of season, and hopefully expect 3 ppl to move down into league 2 due to demotion although it might change a bit, we will sort it out in march, all i can say for certain is 3 ppl WILL be demoted from PRO league to league 1.

TRANSFER window will open 1 minute after last season race.
It plans to open for 2 weeks, and will then hopefully be in cars we are all happy with for Season 2.
Season 2 will be a far better season as 80% of us all know each other by now.

So the answer to the Question John, Ppl can come into the league if there is a contract offer on the table from a team in the Contract topic, as they would be needed asap they get straight in but you can only come into a league if there is a contract on offer, otherwise its transfer window period.
14 drivers per league mate.

FiA are gunna have to Write a new rule for this as ppl may want to Transfer during the Season, SO i will get a proposal together and put it forward.

cheers
Linden

Back to top Go down

-NEW RACER- Empty no more findia hrt

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:00 am

hopefully no more renault force india and hrt,these cars need ditching
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

-NEW RACER- Empty teams nxt season

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:09 am

i do hope u can choose your team mate nxt season and the car you have should come down to names out of a bag or something like that.
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:15 am

I can see what you mean to some extent Rob. Don't how banning certain cars would work because no one would ever agree on it in my opinion. If we were going to go down that street then surely it would be best putting the car status on 2011. That way it shows which drivers are performing in a crappy car and which ones aren't in the good cars because even setup can't help a HRT or Virgin on 2011. I dont know just a suggestion..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:33 am

2011 performance has been talked about within the FiA and is still under review for pro league.
so thats an interesting comment.

2011 is being mentioned to put the TOP 6 Drivers in the Slower cars, ie.1st place of pro league going in either Force india, torro rosso or lotus renault and 2nd place 3rd etc . 6-10th in ferrari merc or sauber 10-14 in williams mclaren redbull thats whats being discussed to even it all out and make it more wheel to wheel,
But the argument against it is the way the leagues have been set up over a period of time you will have the Natural filtration of time difference due to the demotion and promotion side of it.
Also got the argument of Vettel isnt racing in a Virgin this season is he?

just i would let you all in on whats happening behind the scenes.

cheers
Linden

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:50 am

Yeah but then people could argue a good case that exists in F1 because the "best drivers are in the best cars" but then that wouldn't work because its unfair if people are 2-4 secs off the pace. Personally its either that option or not doing it at all because i think its been close enough. You've got like 5 driver fighting for wins so i dont see why it needs changing if its already close. Ever heard "dont try fixing something that isn't broke"?
Like i said, many wont agree on car performance because my view is different and its the same for everyone. The difference between outright performance is setup. The car setup is the most important thing on any game. Another view would be to ban setups because you've done so on Gt5 and just hope that no one will cheat and do a setup on F1. Interestingly, you would also know if someone has done a setup because when you alter or require a setup you're race engineer speaks "Lets make the changes required" so its a hot topic Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:59 am

I think League 2 should be for ps3 controllers only!

People like John and my self practice for several months to get get to the skill level were at, then get players come along with a wheel and pedals and in several weeks are beating us! how is that fair! Mad

Back to top Go down

-NEW RACER- Empty AGREED!

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:06 am

Yeah i know what you mean Steve. I could use a wheel but i only use it for GT5 because i find it works better for that. I do agree though... why would YOU want to buy a wheel for £50+ for a game thats only worth £30 or something. Banning that would be easy because not everyone has a wheel and its got a distinctive sound when used. But the car assignment is more of a problem because its something that involves everyone.

Back to top Go down

-NEW RACER- Empty faster on wheel

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:31 am

I dont think so. It all comes down to your skill. Steff is using a controller and on auto and he is consistantly faster than me. We both spend exactly the same amount of time on the game as we really only play when we are both online. Im sorry but that suggestion doesnt wash. We all think we should and probably could go faster, but it doesnt mean that just because some people are on wheels, that they dont deserve to be above us. Yes it kills me when i cant find that exta half a second but you cant blame it on others above us, just because they may be using a different method of control.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:45 am

yeah i know what you mean. I'm not too concerned because i have a wheel but dont use it on F1 so thats my choice. We will have to see what our new moderator says because only he/she/they/it can decide.
Its hard to even resolve this issue because no one will agree. I think the best bet is the 2011 option but it would be unfair to put people in a HRT and expect them to do 30 odd laps. Even skill cant get that car up there. It doesnt have KERS for a kick off and in a wet race its the worst case scenario lol.

Back to top Go down

-NEW RACER- Empty equal

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:03 am

Unfortunately until the cars are truly set to equal performance, ie handling, gears etc, the only difference being the colours, then there will always be room for debate. Personally using 2011 perforamance, is just as bad. Even a top driver would struggle trying to get a virgin to beat a mclaren in a 50% race, driven by an average player. Some tracks they would, some they wouldnt. Unfortunately the only realistic feature this game has, is that it is full of ifs and buts just like f1. I think the only fair way of deciding who drives what car, is to hold a test session, and the fastest person on that day gets to choose, second fastest chooses etc until the last. That way it is down to you and you only to perform on that day.that way no one can moan beacause ultimately you chose that car, relative to how fast you were in the session!! Thats my opinion anyway cheers afro

Back to top Go down

-NEW RACER- Empty Tricky

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:27 am

Yeah it does sound ok but then you have the prospect of the slowest drivers having the slowest car which might seem reasonable but it isn't necessarily fair on them. At the moment the league is close anyway. You have 5 or 6 drivers all capable of winning which cant be bad. I dont always have the best setups so thats why i am close to the others. Thats if people are under the assumption i have the best car. I still think it goes down to setups. Mansell finished 8th at Spa and yet hes fighting for Pole and race win at Monza. He's in the same car (Ferrari) so that suggests hes either got a good setup at Monza or his car is better at Monza than at Spa.

Back to top Go down

-NEW RACER- Empty testing

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:52 am

At the end of the day, if everyone agrees before the test, that the quickes.t person on the day gets first choice of the cars, then second fastest chooses next etc etc, then there can be no arguing after. Everybody has one chance to do their best. Everyone can practice on their own before hand. That way no one would have any grounds to moan about the car their in. If they thought they deserved a better car, or were quicker than the car they chose, then they should have practiced the nominated circuit before hand to get a better time in the session. The session could be held over three circuits, with everyones fastest laps recorded, then converted into an overall average time. Then the fastest average over the three circuits gets to choose first and so on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:59 am

Yeah i suppose... Best get this season out the way first and then see what happens. It does seem a good plan but we never know what people might say. If people agree that a change in car is necessary for next season and testing etc then we may as well do it. But like i said the Ferrari seems very good here so it varies from track to track like i have said previously. Or at least setups are stronger at different circuits which are the main causes of results being different at different races

Back to top Go down

-NEW RACER- Empty setups

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:28 am

Unfortunatley, every time someone doesnt win a race there is always going to be room for debate. The teams and cars could be decided on the fairest way known to man, and there will always be someone saying, i had a bad setup, someone else has an advantage cause their on a wheel or lag or something else. This could go on forever, and the only thing that everyone is gonna lose out on, is the enjoyment of the game. Lets just enjoy the racing and try our best to get the car we have, setup for the next race. It was only a few weeks ago stevo was saying that because i was hosting sessions he was losing time and asked for rob to host . Robs been hosting the last three races cause he arguabley has the better connection, but stevos not done any better for it, and now hes saying its down to people using wheels. Come on, get together, enjoy the race, try and do better next wk lol.

Back to top Go down

-NEW RACER- Empty f1

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:32 am

its not the car its the driver u try and do a 18.1 and tell me if u still thinks its the car

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:39 am

Well i wouldn'-t say hes making excuses because he is actually fairing pretty well in this race upto now with practises etc. I agree that we should just let the racing play out and leave the politics side down to the FiA but more importantly - codemasters. If there is any truth behind an advantage with certain cars then banning them is unfair. I didnt pick the car because it was the best car there, i picked it because it was half way through. Given the choice id have Mclaren or even Ferrari because i have little knowledge with mediocre cars being better than the top teams. i dont like the Torro Rosso or Sauber because their engines are to squeelish to me and the Merc powered cars seem to be best in straight line speed hence the reason i picked the Force India and Gnh left his germs all over the Torro Rosso too lol ;p

Back to top Go down

-NEW RACER- Empty f1

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:44 am

i think next season shud defintley ban force india hrt and lotus renault so its more of a equal playing field

Back to top Go down

-NEW RACER- Empty as footy fans say

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:01 am

As the best footy song goes '' you only sing when your winnin '' , unfortunately it applies to anything. Anyone of us could be in a crap car, and if we were winning we wouldnt be moaning! Lets just look forward to sundays race an do the best we can!! Thats all that matters Very Happy

Back to top Go down

-NEW RACER- Empty fooooooood

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:16 am

Off for a chinese now, see you sunday lol Very Happy

Back to top Go down

-NEW RACER- Empty footy

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:18 am

yeah see u after ur carling cup defeat

Back to top Go down

-NEW RACER- Empty lol

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:32 am

At least if i come last in sundayz race i can blame the ale i will be drinking on sunday afternoon lol win lose or draw! lol!

Back to top Go down

-NEW RACER- Empty Carling cup

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:58 pm

COME ON CARDIFF!

Back to top Go down

-NEW RACER- Empty CARS

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:05 pm

Yeah i know what you mean Stopper. It's very easy to say all this but we're all capable of winning races. And it can change very quickly. Someone could go on a 2/3 race win streak and then one of the top runners could not go without a podium - it can happen. Thats why its so close and i think banning cars isnt the way to go. I think the testing idea isnt a bad one because that way you earn your cars on merit like in real F1 you could say. In the same way, its very easy when you're not winning to say BAN THIS BAN THAT and this wont solve itself either because Codemasters wont bring out another patch before the release of f1 2012 if one was ever needed for the cars. The only aspects of the game i didn't like were the penalty systems but its not a problem in this league because there is no AI etc.

Back to top Go down

-NEW RACER- Empty f1

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:25 am

thats easy for u 2 say john coz ur in the best car am just saying banning them cars wud make it more equal its not up 2 me so ill live it 2 whoever decides

Back to top Go down

Post by MickWalker355 Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:29 am

stopper19 wrote:At least if i come last in sundayz race i can blame the ale i will be drinking on sunday afternoon lol win lose or draw! lol!

same here mate hik hik

MickWalker355

Back to top Go down

-NEW RACER- Empty hate liverpool

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:02 am

howay cardiff

Back to top Go down

-NEW RACER- Empty Not Really Best55

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:26 am

Well i disagree with that. Your team mate is up for pole and winning this race and he wasn't given that chance at Spa so his setup is good or he is good at this track which makes it better for the league. One week you could finish near the back and then the next you could be winning races much like your Ferrari team mate, Mansell Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum