Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

European GP - Race Reports

2 posters

Go down

European GP - Race Reports Empty European GP - Race Reports

Post by F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod) Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:05 am

Please post below...
F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod)
F1xStevo_87 (GP3 Mod)

Back to top Go down

European GP - Race Reports Empty Re: European GP - Race Reports

Post by Jonny Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:56 am

Quali - Pole
Did a 1:37.2 banker lap on primes which tempted me to retire from the session and start the race on primes because it was a pretty competitive time, decided to go out on options and after aborting one run due to a corner cut I did my pole lap with a minute or so to spare after Philippe had retired so pole was mine.

Race - 1st
Decided to go with the default strategy for starting on options which was a 2 stop and I assumed most others would do the same but I think most people did 3 stops, was a bit shaky at the start as I usually struggle with the car at it's heaviest but managed to pull away a little while Bjorn and John battled, Bjorn then caught me and passed me as my options - especially rears - hit the cliff, was going to box lap 15 and was about 10 seconds from the pitlane when I lost the rear end and dumped it in the wall losing the wing and a lot of time, also dropping me out of the pits in front of Liam who absolutely mullered me into the hairpin but he apologised to me and we can move on from the incident. 
Thought that any chance of a race win was out the window and tried to get back to a podium scoring position when Bjorn pitted and came out in between me and John who were a few seconds apart, they battled and made contact handing me the lead and a cushion of time to Bjorn behind me, pitted again for primes on lap 36 and went to the finish without any problems, great to have my first win secured even if I made it a little hard for myself with that crash on lap 15, had some good close racing with John once again so kudos to you mate you're one of the few drivers I feel completely safe from when battling.
Jonny
Jonny

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum