Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is It Time To Change PRO VOTE ONLY

+3
BradChick
UD-War
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
7 posters

Go down

Would You Be Interested In Equal Again?

Is It Time To Change PRO VOTE ONLY Vote_lcap55%Is It Time To Change PRO VOTE ONLY Vote_rcap 55% 
[ 12 ]
Is It Time To Change PRO VOTE ONLY Vote_lcap45%Is It Time To Change PRO VOTE ONLY Vote_rcap 45% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 22

Is It Time To Change PRO VOTE ONLY Empty Is It Time To Change PRO VOTE ONLY

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:14 am

I've listened and seen lots of very unhappy drivers this week, the Pro Managers job has become almost impossible trying to keep happy the majority of drivers. All this is taking away from the fun of the races. Week after week drivers are becoming increasingly frustrated with car allocation I fear we will lose more drivers.

I strongly urge Pro League to go to EQUAL cars, I think the seasonal car issue will never be solved as there are to many variables when trying to allocate the correct car for each driver. It always nearly gets there then things are still being changed mid season.

DO NOT brush this aside seriously, think about it, if not change it create a PRO EQUAL car league and see how many sign up. Post if you would be interested in the ELITE PRO LEAGUE...

Don't get me wrong this is an idea i'm putting out there and would be an extra league to start next season or as a trial league to run along side Pro leagues current season just to see if it works well.

Last edited by Rob-Lee77 (AL Manager) on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:43 pm; edited 4 times in total
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Is It Time To Change PRO VOTE ONLY Empty New idea

Post by UD-War Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:32 am

Im defo up for that im well done with the PL's
UD-War
UD-War

Back to top Go down

Is It Time To Change PRO VOTE ONLY Empty Re: Is It Time To Change PRO VOTE ONLY

Post by BradChick Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:37 am

Would be good, but i dont mind either Smile
BradChick
BradChick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:27 am

I agree, People get constantly frustrated with the 2012 Performance and it solves all matters if you go to equal. At the end of the day, if you are slower on EQUAL you know you have to work harder to perform better and get faster.

Things such as moving faster guys into Force India's and such (which are over 1 second slower than the next slowest car) is a bit over the top if you ask me!

Here is an example... I quote

"I dont know whoever made this but if this is gonna stay like this im outta here because theres noway im 1.5 sec faster than mva and antonios its * ridiculous like wtf u thinking? This 2012 system has facked up and sucked my fun out of this site, its shit and its impossible to create a lineup suited for everyone but this is just too slow and ur treating us like shit. This is supposed to be fun but hows it fun when driving around in a car thats slower than my granddad. Im wanting to return to AL1 and * off with the pro leagues i think theyre well facked up."

It is causing people to want to leave, lets do the right things and make everyone on equal terms, it may be an advantage to some and a disadvantage to others but it will stop all the arguments and frustration.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:12 pm

Please vote in the poll...

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:41 pm

remember guys your not signing up to anything this is not saying pro1 will be equal cars.what it could mean in the future next season at the earliest is if equal cars is for you a new league could be created to cater for more peoples tastes.
if there is not enough support for this idea,fair enough.but does it hurt to raise the point.
i dont think so.
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Is It Time To Change PRO VOTE ONLY Empty Time to change

Post by Reddweasel Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:58 pm

Hi all,

I can see all aspects of the arguements here however I respectively still believe moving to Equal is not the answer. This will result in 3 or 4 individuals disappearing off into the sunset and lapping the rest at least once of not 2 or 3 times over a race. By the final third of the season the only drivers turning up/attending the races will be the said 3 or 4 drivers.

I know I've missed last weeks race and admit to being a bit intermittant in my attendances so far (I plan to be back on tonight and more consistently over the rest of this season) so I appreciate things could have changed but, forgive me if I'm wrong' but here's my analysis of the pro leagues at the moment.

PL1 - This is not my league so I accept my knowledge is somehwhat hazy but from what I've heard and seen on the website it appears PL1 only have approx 10 maybe 11 regular drivers of which, if moved to equal I would anticipate; Cookster, Chickie, Ambassor and probably Vernon disappaering in a cloud of dust leaving the others miles behind (No offence meant to the rest).

PL2 - My league - again there are approx only 10/11 regular drivers in this league too. I believe there are 3 or 4 guys in this league who would (In the right car) be quick enough to compete at the front of PL1 namely and (To hell with it) in (My) order; UD War, RDS (Ex PL1 racer), Tomi Deli, Antonios & MVA (Again no offence to the rest of us).

I beleive that the above drivers metnioned, plus one or two others, could in Equal mode possibly race competatively wheel to wheel and could make up a PL1 next season. Bearing in mind this would cause some considerable movement but the rest of us could then make up PL2.

In essence, what I'm trying to say is that I think the two pro leagues could be a bit muddled up at the moment and that, at some convenient point, may be there needs to be an 'adhock' reshuffle of the two leagues.

Crank went to great lengths (and pains) to put the right 'bums' (You can take offence here if you like!) in the right seats but still he could not make everyone happy; so much so, less we forget, we've lost a very good friend and racer over it!
There now appears to be a similar situation happening in PL2. Maybe the two leagues should be looked at/studied and considered together.

I appreciate this may not be done now in mid season but certainly it could be considered at the end in a few weeks time. For the moment I definately don't want to lose the likes of UD from PL2 to the AL's just because of a car swap. If it means he's lapping me on 2012 performance for the rest of the season but he then gets to PL1 then so be it.

More than happy to talk to anyone with this, in particular UD and Rob you have my greatest respects in the effort you put on here.

Thanks guys,

Red.

Reddweasel
Reddweasel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:18 am

It's about time i got my opinion out on here. Firstly i would appreciate it if my name wasn't slandered just for people to prove a point.. i did not and HAVE not said i would consider joining an equal league, what i did say was if somebody could provide me with concrete evidence that equal is the complete opposite to the cock up that 2011 was.. then i'd start considering it. Secondly i approve of Robs thoughts to make the pro leagues as competitive as possible but i feel there are more pressing issues that if were looked at, might result in the site and the racing being a lot better in atmosphere and integrity.

Until that time i will confess that i won't be saying yes or no on anything, no polls or the like and if someone would provide some decent evidence and not hearsay about equal then i'll be considering it but until then i won't be.

Back to top Go down

Post by MickWalker355 Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:29 am

i see your point rob but it goes back to the cookster show again what is the point of getting lapped every race and thats what will happen on equal for a start it was happening with people having slower cars lapped twice so equal will result in 4 or 5 time does that equal fun i dont think so to be as quick as the likes of cookster chickie you need hours and hours on the game so of us dont have that of see the fun in doing the same track 10 hours a day to be even remotly on the pace as you can tell my vote will be a big fat NO

MickWalker355

Back to top Go down

Post by BradChick Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:54 am

Thanks Mick, but you dont need hours on the game. for most of the races this season iv only started making a set up sunday morning. you just need a few laps and a perfect set up to do well. Equal will offer excitement back into the league for many, but others not. in some ways i would like to go back to equal. but its an ongoing arguement that in my view, will never be solved. i would say stick to 2012 performance and take a long hard look at the car allocations. Work them out so that the faster guys are still in with a chance of winning, but not running away with it.
Moving myself and cookster down to a force india, i know from cooksters point of view is ridiculas. from my point of view im not to bothered as i prefer a challenge and would much rather have a really close race than run away with the win. however, as i said before, this would pretty much eliminate our chances of winning against the likes of yourself, odie, vern etc. Singapore i know suits the force india but the rest of the season you wont see us. they may be what you want i dont know Laughing

But yeah... equal probably isnt the best thing to do. more people will end up dispointed than there is now. Just a serious hard look at the allocations would be better. even if that meant that there wasnt always a team. and a few drivers had to be on their own in order to suit their speed Smile

Thanks Chickie
BradChick
BradChick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:36 am

Right first things first this is ment to FAIR from where i see it is extremely unfair i don't mind 2012 at all but you have got to realise that putting us a another car down is not fair at all with the merc it was hard enough to try win but now putting us in a force india it is not fair at all what are we going to get a 10 second headstart are we to make it fair ? No we won't but if you want to make it fair then put everybody yet another car down except us because the force india has got to be one of the slowest cars out of all cars that haven't got kers. Why should we have to practice hell of a lot and then still be about 6 tenths off i DISAGREE with your decision TOTALLY it should be run fair where everybody as got a chance of winning but pushing every single lap for 40 50 laps isn't possible the tyres would be destroyed completley . You need to re think about the line up it is NOT FAIR!

Back to top Go down

Post by Porschedude911 Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:14 am

I don't really like the 2012 performance, I believe equal would be better it puts everyone on the same starting pace, if you're consistently at the back on equal then you can only blame yourself and not the car,unlike on 2012 performance. But most importantly it means you get to choose your teammate, I think that I perform better when I have a good friend in the garage next to me that I know will practice and share setups with me. For example, last season I was paired up with burty and we helped each other and we did ok, this season we can't really help each other out coz of car differences and as a result I've struggled on track and lacked motivation off it
Porschedude911
Porschedude911

Back to top Go down

Is It Time To Change PRO VOTE ONLY Empty rules

Post by BK_1975 (F1 Mod) Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:08 pm

Can auto gearbox and DRL be used?
BK_1975 (F1 Mod)
BK_1975 (F1 Mod)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:13 pm

good point bk.may allow gearbox but not drl not sure
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Post by BK_1975 (F1 Mod) Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:15 pm

so why are drivers that use them get a vote? confused about were this vote will take you with full assist drivers voteing. scratch
BK_1975 (F1 Mod)
BK_1975 (F1 Mod)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum