Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bahrain gp race report

2 posters

Go down

bahrain gp race report Empty bahrain gp race report

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:02 am

please post below...
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

bahrain gp race report Empty Bahrain rp

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:59 am

Qualifying was my best performance of the season and I got my first pole of the season with a 1:31:900 and I was two tenths quicker than tahmid in second and I'm pleased with my pace in qualifying. Then I choose a different race strategy to my closest rivals opting to be quicker early in the race then go slower late on with my rivals going the opposite direction, In my first stint I had a good clean battle with tahmid for the lead and in the final stint i was 3rd and I was clearly slower than 1st and 2nd on the primes when they was on the options and was settling for 3rd when bobjim123 and tahmid both made a mistake giving me the win, however I am disappointed with my race pace as bobjim was catching me around five tenths per sector in the final stages in the race but I have to be happy that I coming away with full points and DeKKadent got a podium finish in 3rd so for Ferrari almost coming out with maximum points is good and we're in a good position to fight for both championships, I now look forward to the Spanish grand prix in Catalunya.

Back to top Go down

bahrain gp race report Empty bahrain

Post by kevo43 Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:24 pm

Qualifying went as expected, wanted one clean lap and save the tyres for the race.
Race did not go to plan at all. Lap 2 or 3 I spun the car and managed to lose my front wing. Pitted and slapped on primes looking to go the distance. Next 20 odd laps were uneventful till I lost it on 2nd corner with Brayzalian chasing me hard. Had a puncture and car was undrivable so retired a couple of laps from the end. A decision that seemed to spark some controversy. Not expecting any points, don't deserve any after my worst performance of the season so far.

kevo43

Back to top Go down

bahrain gp race report Empty Re: bahrain gp race report

Post by kevo43 Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:30 pm

Just to add my congrats to bolokov on the win. I watched your final quali lap and you drove the nuts of it

kevo43

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:08 am

Qualy, 3rd - I qualied on Primes with a rather tame 1:32:6 but was happy to be right up with Tahmid and Hudenikibolokov.

Race, 2nd - The race ended up turning into a tactical battle as Huden started on Options but me and Tahmid started on the Primes hoping for a quicker end, both Huden and Tahmid were quicker than me in the first stint so i decided to just hang back and let it play out to save my tyres.
I aswell as Tahmid pitted on lap 17, when i came out of the pits i was about 10-12 secs behind the two leaders after everyone had pitted.
As soon as the options were on i was flying and catching the two front men alot quicker than i expected until i was right on the back of them with 5 laps to go, the following lap i overtook Huden on the first corner down the inside and started chasing Tahmid, unfortunately when i was less then a second behind him i spun just before the end of the 1st sector resulting in losing my front wing (gutted as i was the fastest guy on track at the time) Luckily i was far enough ahead of DeKKadent to pit and just try and take back a few of the seconds that i lost :L. I was catching Huden about 1.5secs a lap for the last four laps but crossed the line second as Tahmid lost connection.
Great Race Guys, i can see many more battles during the season Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum