Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Korean Grand Prix

Go down

Korean Grand Prix Empty Korean Grand Prix

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:18 am

Post Race Reports Below...

Back to top Go down

Korean Grand Prix Empty Re: Korean Grand Prix

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:43 am

had a good start, at the end of 1st lap i was already 3rd. Fought with chapelfan, bogart and steve all the race, but wasnt able to retain 2nd position in the last few laps. Bogart was superfast, if he had not made some mistakes (i count 3) he could have challenge chapelfan for the win as he had the pace for that. Chapelfan choosed a strategy of pitting less, again, and executed it with perfection so he deserved the win. now he is within 8 points of me in championship stats. congratulations. i feel lucky today because i managed a 3rd in a race that there were many guys faster than me in qualyfing. sorry for the terrible english and mistakes. i think the league is getting better and better. i saw some incidents, but race incidents, nothing more than that.
i recorded the race, but it is a very big HD video file and Youtube just doesnt let me upload it. So if one of you want to watch an especific part of the race, let me know the lap so i can edit the video and upload a clip....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:03 pm

qualified 3rd got pushed wide at the end of the drs and dropped back to 9th. rapidly made my way back to 4th then had a wheel to wheel race with shine for about 20 laps and from there it was clear sailing passing people and getting passed in the pits. three quarters of the way through the race had a good fight with bogart for 2nd then passed baratestran in the pits for the lead with 10 laps to go finally took my options on my last stint and pulled away to the win.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:59 am

Qualified 4th. Went out twice and did 1 timed lap on primes. Couldn't put a good lap together. Was getting high 1:32's on prime in practice the night before. Track must've been cold. Still managed a 4th place squeeker at the end.

Race 5th.
I went wide in the first turn to avoid any gutsy moves to the inside. Got pushed a bit wider on the exit by Prophetic. A little space would be nice, but no real harm done.

There was a nice little battle between Sauber and Mercedes. Chapel got by Runnin_Shine. A lap later Shine got past both Mercedes. Did teammates hit each other? Chapel lost lots of speed and I thought I could slip past. He didn't know I was there and I hit him. I got stuck on the wall with minor wing damage.

After the drivers with options pitted, stevebalz came out behind me. Had a 4 lap battle with him till I pitted on lap 14 for another set of primes. I'm not sure why he didn't pass me in the DRS zone. I don't think he was using it. Then some wheel to wheel action with flatsp0t.

Steve came out of the pits behind me again! I held him up for about 9 laps till my tires were shot. Still didn't appear to be using his DRS. I ran wide a few corners in a row and he made a great pass on the outside.

I found myself behind flatsp0t again after my 2nd stop. We were coming down the pit straight and I looked away to check that my camera was still recording. When I looked back, we were already in the braking zone. I had no choice but to try for the inside. But we were too close. I hit him. We both spun around. I waited for him to get going again. And then the game gave me a drive through penalty.

I made my 3rd stop on lap 45. Got the options and enough fuel to run mix 3 the last 10 laps. I saw nothing but purple the last stint. Every lap faster than the last. But I was so far behind already, there was no chance of finishing better than 5th. And 5th is really lucky considering 2 spins and a drive through penalty. I enjoyed this race despite hating this ugly track.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:20 am

allready noticed steve never uses DRS... i wonder why?

whats next track? india?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum