Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canadian GP - Race Report

3 posters

Go down

Canadian GP - Race Report Empty Canadian GP - Race Report

Post by BradChick Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:32 am

Quali 1st

went out on primes! planing a two stop. got a 1.09.7 which i was reasonably happy with and then went and sat in the pits. went out with 2 mins to go for a sort of protection run. but luckly didnt need it as i didnt make it acroos the line lol.

Race 1st, JUST.

started the race well. myself and linden had a good race for most of the first half. was surprized to keep up with him when he was on options. my 2 stop strategy was going brill Smile but then came the crashes. the safety car once again. on the spot decision to pit for options. and thankfully the rest followed. the safety went in and i got a great launch. finding myself 3 secs ahead in 1 lap Smile
going well, then my 3rd unplanned pitstop :/ went in and forgot the change to options. so my stupid crew put primes on. i thought it was all over, but then i found myself overtaking. then it came to my team mate. i thought i had him down the inside of the chicane. but i didnt. he turned in and i think we both spun. i know i did!!! mask, and ill4mad went passed. spun the car around and i had 1 lap to do the impossible. i saw my team mate spin on the first corner, so his tyres where gone Sad

gaining faster than i thought. i found myself behind p1 and p2 at the hurpin. they where distracted by eachother. so i moved down the outside. ill4mad moved left and we made contact so i was forced wider. but mask had a bad exit and i pulled away. the speed of the mclaren showed as he gained. but it was to late.

Brilliant drive by everyone!!!
Chickie

Last edited by BradChick on Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
BradChick
BradChick

Back to top Go down

Canadian GP - Race Report Empty Re: Canadian GP - Race Report

Post by Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:27 am

Qually 2nd.
Went out on options as i thought chickie had done, did a good enough time to get me through in 2nd.

Race 4th.
Sat on the grid staring at primes on the car infront, i nearly missed the lights, gets off to a good start, im awaiting an impact from behind on the first corner but nothing, all was good, hunted chickie overtook a couple of times in the DRS but the first 7 laps were entertaining until my options had gone, time to pit, stuck on the primes and thought yep this will, kept on them till lap 20 ish my teamamte bins it in the wall of champions, so stayed out waitin for the safety car, it never came...? dam ok i pit now then primes are gone so i will stick on the last set, so i box, only then does charley W the cock bring out the car, i watch it pull away in front of me but then i have to overtake it ;-( ..
in the end my team are up in arms moaning to charley i could here pete going mad as i was a sure 2nd spot, but thats racing, i was advised by my pits to box in stick options on so i pulled in had my options and got back out in 5th.

Not a great race but then again not a disaster either.

cheers
Linden
I'm Maybe not Our Number 1 Driver, But I bring the car home safely at all costs, since pete started docking my wages for nose cones lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:39 am

Qualified 5th

Race 5th

Got a great start and kept my 5th spot until turn 2 where i s was spun (see appeal evidence) ended up last but like silverstone i kept my head down and drove the wheels off the car, had some nice wheel to wheel with Seansri and a few other, especially enjoyed my few laps chasing Smalake who did some great defensive driving, but eventually i got him in the DRS zone, just like Silverstone, most of my overtaking was done in the pits, SC came out 1 lap before my schedules stop so it was just great, went to primes and drove the wheels off, last few laps Linden was in my sights but i could not and did not get close enough to pass him as my tires were as bad his his with my team mate close behind, had one incident with my team mate but what happens between us stays between us, finished 5th, again, just like silverstone, if i was not spun at start i would have finished higher up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:47 pm

Qualifying 7th
Had a rough time with traffic during qualifying. Just barely got 7th. Was really disappointed with my laptimes. But everyone was only a few tenths from eachother and I would just have to hope my strategy worked for me.

Race 10th
Was holding position through turn 1. But then in turn 2 I got bumped by Ilc4mad and then a Ferrari that had apparently spun.

After the dust from lap 1 settled, I was back up to p7 behind Illskills. I was able to keep up with him till the 1st stop. Then coming out of the pits there was a Mercedes stuck on the track. It was too late to avoid him and I got off the track and bumped the wall. No damage. I put my head down and kept going.

I was in 8th on lap 18. Bonefish disconnected and I was able to overtake illskills for 6th. Then the safety car came out. I pitted for options and came out 5th behind BlackDevil.

After the restart, Blackdevil overtook Ilc4mad but then spun coming out of the hairpin in sctr 3.
On lap 26 I tried to pass Ilc4mad in the DRS zone on the outside. But he bumped me off the track going into the chicane. I tried again on the outside on lap 27 and got the hit from behind this time and couldnt make it stick. So on lap 28 I went for the inside. I still got hit, but was able to hang on and get by.

Lap 29 2nd place.
Lap 31 Chickie pitted and I was now in 1st.
Tyres were borderline. I decided to take a big gamble and try to make it to the end.

But on lap 33, coming into the final chicane, I got hit from behind again. The car went into a spin and slapped the wall of champions. I thought it was the Mask behind me, But chickie says it was him that made contact.

No matter. Tyres were completely gone. Couldnt accelerate or brake without losing the rear. I fell back to last place and had to stop for tyres just to finish the last lap.

I got banged around pretty good. But it appeared to mostly be from lag. I never saw any jumping flashing cars. But I know the drivers in Pro League don't drive like that.

Still was a fun race. It would be nice to race these gentlemen without all the lag.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:50 pm

Qual - 11th

OMG!!!!! what the f#€k happened here, expecting a 1:10.2-5ish a pop up with an 1:11.5 again OMG. Now people I no my qualiys this season has been far from my strongest point but this is by far my worse qualiy EVER..... I was second from last, the only thing that was actually worse than that was the reason? plus i'd run an extra 2 laps more than planned in the attempt to improve my time. No It was only on my in lap with 1:10 mins left to go in the session whilst thinking to my self can I make it from the car to the changing room without bumping into of having eye contact with Christian and perhaps it's best to keep my helmet on when I decided to lower my fuel mix only to realise that it WAS STILL ON LEAN AARRRRHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Race - 6th

Picked up 5 places woo hoo....... Not, after a verbal battering from Christain (yeah he caught me) for my school boy error I tried to focus on putting things right, my start was ok and at the 2nd corner I was greeted by a melee of cars to which I navigated unfortunately my team mate was caught up in it. By the end of the second lap I was in 6th and was 5th by the time I pitted on lap 10 in my second stint I made a couple of mistakes which saw me lose places but believed my race strategy would claw them places back that was up until the safety car came out great now those guys in front of me can change their tyre's not things are going wrong very wrong. I pitted and changed my strategy in the hope of what slowly becoming my favourite word "damage limitation" I put on options and by the time they were falling off I was up to 4th and had the 3rd place man in sight I pitted for my last set of options on lap 29 I was 9th I would love to say I battled back but I only over took I car seansri blackdevil and malaske spun out so I had their places and I should of caught my team mate who near caught linden so if I'd nailed my last stint right on another day that 4th. Well done to my team mate we are slowly building the momentum, this is not the greatest result but it the best constructors haul so far so we going in the right direction.
PS if the mask hadn't had the race of his life linden me and my team mate would have had a better points return so well done that man.

Back to top Go down

Canadian GP - Race Report Empty Montreal - 15/07/2012

Post by Reddweasel Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:36 am

Quali - 13th

I was relatively quick round this track during recent practices; 1:11,200 being my best so potentially have got into the top 10: However I had decided on a cunning plan (As Baldric would say!) I did one fast lap on primes and got a 1:12 900 shame as in the earlier red flagged session I posted a 1:12 086. Anyway 13th wasn't a problem as I got to start on a fresh set of primes.

Race - 8th (Provisional hopefully 7th on a successful appeal)

So the plan was to only 2 stop. Prime, Prime, Options. First lap and few corners I vaguely remember some cars spinning off especially Fidla and his big ass end of his Redbull for the second race in a row but managed to miss him. Remember being up to about 7th or 6th but over the next couple of laps I was retaken. I didn't panic though as I knew I was on a different strategy; proven when everyone startd pitting before me and found myself briefly upto 6ish before spinning slightly on warn tyres before pitting at the end of lap 12.

Reddweasel
Reddweasel

Back to top Go down

Canadian GP - Race Report Empty Montreal - 15/07/2012 Cont'd

Post by Reddweasel Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:55 am

Came out for second stint ahead of Thee Mask (Fantastic end result by the way) and Seansri. Thee Mask was catching me approx half a sec a lap when safety car came out on lap 17 and my plan began to unravel.
First I stupidly in a panic pitted and put primes on again changing to a 3 stopper. I realise now should have either stayed out and stuck with 2 stop strategy or gone option, option. Anyhow at restart I brushed the side of Thee Masks car at corner 2 and spun and found myself last. Continued on pitted for options on lap 26 and tried to put in some quick times. Seansri pitted on on lap 30 and came out about 3 secs behind me with fresher tyre so new it would be hard race to the end; lap 35. Picked up a couple of places on the last lap and was in 7th until Seansri took me off at the last corner, see appeals section for more detail. Two finishes in a row with points now so hopefully heading in the right direction. Need to think quicker when sc is called out on whether I change strategy or not.
Reddweasel
Reddweasel

Back to top Go down

Canadian GP - Race Report Empty bk race report

Post by BK_1975 (F1 Mod) Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:40 am

Crap quali = somewhere at the back

Crapper race = dog = wall = dnf
BK_1975 (F1 Mod)
BK_1975 (F1 Mod)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content