Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

European GP - Race Report

2 posters

Go down

European GP - Race Report Empty European GP - Race Report

Post by BradChick Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:09 am

Quali 1st

Really pleased with quali. so pleased with the weather as i love the rain. if it was dry im sure the outcome would have been different. Think i was 1.700s ahead of 2nd. might have been 0.700s.
For the 3rd race on the run, lotus team has locked 1st and 2nd place.

Race 1st Smile

What the f**k happend on the first corner!! i broke and my brakes didnt work for a split secound. so i went deep which allowed linden through. turning into turn 1, cars flying past left, right and centre. Even my team mate sMalaske flew past the front of me doing 360s. myself and linden looked to be the only ones that escaped the first corner.

Stuck behind linden for quite a few laps. gaining time, losing time and so on. finally got past and pulled out rapidly. then just as i was thinking about how bad a safety car would be at this point, bang, there it is! fortunatly it was just as i was going in the pits. so i supose it could have been a worse time.

To be honest it was quite a lonely race Sad not much to report at all. was going around at a consistant pace and yeah the flaged waved and the race was finished before i new it.

Thanks for another great race!!!

Chickie
BradChick
BradChick

Back to top Go down

European GP - Race Report Empty Valencia grand prix

Post by Guest Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:32 am

Qual - 100% rain - 6th
Sunny Spain it won't rain so all out practicing in the dry, my qualifying pace wasnt great at all and I was 50 50ing wether leaving the pits was the best idea. But sods law it rained so I had little to lose as I made a wet setup on the spot, so 6th wasn't a bad return under the circumstances.

Race - 100% rain - 3rd
1,2,3,4,5 lights then they go out the first corner approaches BK has the inside line and in giving him space I blow the first corner plowing head on into the barrier, my nose cone is gone and I have to limp round and back to the pits, lovely I'm now 10th I managed to claw back 4 places before the safety car came out I pitted for fresh inters and was 5th when I rejoined due to the fact I managed to put in a good in lap. I battled to 3rd behind linden only to lose traction after corner 4 and watched 2nd drive away I had some wheel to wheel battles with both the mercedes boy James and blackdevil and came out on top to clamp the 3rd place.

Back to top Go down

European GP - Race Report Empty Re: European GP - Race Report

Post by Jamesboro1993 (DRT) Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:42 pm

Quali - 4th

Really happy it rained as I wouldn't of had the pace with the front runner's. Qualified 4th but was about 2seconds behind the leader.

Race - 5th

The rain stuck around and was really happy about that, got a good start and was along side 2nd place going into the first corner but got nudged from behind in the breaking area, when I recovered I realised near everyone went wide into the first corner and I ended up 3rd, was maintaining a decent pace around the same as the leaders until the safety car came out and I managed to jump Linden and get into 2nd. Then I was hoping to try and do a 1 stop and just eased off so I didn't destroy my tires to early but with 5 laps to the end they were gone, so I had to pit, when I came back out I just couldn't get any grip and made my team mate loose a place also, sorry for that blackdevil, overall was a decent race for me.
Jamesboro1993 (DRT)
Jamesboro1993 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:21 am

Qualifying 2nd
What an exciting session! I was 1st. Then BK on pole. Then Linden gets fast lap. Then Chickie does an amazing lap I wasn't sure if I could match. 1 lap left to go for it. I was purple in sector 1. Purple sector 2! I may get it. But totally goofed up the 3rd sector and just barely got 2nd from Linden.

Race 6th
Lights went out and almost to the braking point. I went wide to make sure I didn't get sideswiped. Not sure if it was the slick curbs or someone touched me. But the car went into a violent spin. I couldn't believe it. I slid all the way to the end of the runoff and hit the wall hard. The speed I hit the wall should have destroyed the car. But only got a puncture.

I was thrilled to see the safety car. But on the restart the same thing. I touched the paint and lost the back end. Was lucky to not lose my wing.

I had a battle with SeanSRI. And then was all alone the rest of the race.

I was about 20 seconds behind Illskills and was doing some amazing laps. Thought I would be able to catch up. To my surprise, Skills was matching me lap for lap. With 2 laps left, I had completely destroyed my tyres. They were so red, I was a bit surprised they made it to the end without a puncture.

My apologies to anyone who's race was effected by me. Renault has called for a meeting to review my performances and determine my future.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum