Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spanish Grand Prix 2012.

Go down

Spanish Grand Prix 2012. Empty Spanish Grand Prix 2012.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:20 am

Qualified 8th- Dry.
- Did qualify in 2nd but the session got restarted. Poor performance to eventually qualify 8th.

Race 4th- Wet.
- Poor start, had to avoid John as he came back on to the track, the forever lagging Stevo knocked me off the track. I came back on in 10th. Fought my way up to 4th, quickest on the track, the fast right hander in sector 2, I went wide and used the escape road, re-joined the track and hit Adam and fell to 8th. I then fought way way up to 5th, I had Rob and someone else ahead of me, Rob outbraked himself and took the other car with him, I was then 3rd and closed down Moody pretty quickly. After the first round of stops, i caught Moody and overtook him. My teammate was leading by about 4 seconds after i overtook Moody, the gap was stable at about 4s as i slowly pulled away from Moody. We pitted again. I turned my engine up and caught ud-war, he got out of shape at turn 1-2 and i got 1st with about 13 laps to go. We stayed out on intermediates since about lap 33 of 50. The track was ready for slicks at about lap 40 and as we had a massive gap till 4th, we stayed out on our warn out inters. 4th place downwards had pitted for slicks, and myself, ud-war and moody hadnt. Moody realised his mistake and pitted for slicks and rejoined just behind John. Myself and ud-war were going at similar pace. It was lap 47 of 50. I was leading by 3.5 seconds, ud-war was second. He span and left the game. It was upto me to bring the honours home for Ferrari. I was unable to sustain my tyres and pace. First John, then Moody, and TARDIS overtake me. I was able to just finish ahead on TeamBlitz.
Overall a very very scruffy race. Good racing though, I look forward to Monaco!!
My driver of the day - either John, or myself Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Spanish Grand Prix 2012. Empty I didn't leave mate

Post by UD-War Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:30 am

I didn't leave I was about to take Rob for 6th but got disconnected with only half a lap to go Sad
UD-War
UD-War

Back to top Go down

Spanish Grand Prix 2012. Empty Re: Spanish Grand Prix 2012.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:56 pm

Quali - 9th

Had an awful session and was 1.5 off Ud-War who was just mighty in quali. Knew i'd struggle. Did a bit of practise in the wet but not much and none under heavy fuel. I also had no wet setups so i knew it would be difficult in the race for me with quick guys in front such as Rob and PRT.

Race - 1st
1st corner was very tricky! Got shoved onto the gravel by Stevo . I Didn't rejoin unsafely but i dipped a wheel or two into the gravel and spun back onto the track. Luckily no one hit me. I was done to last place after that (or thereabouts) and saw my team mate hit PRT. I tried a move on Johan but the brake were terrible and we made contacted. That earnt me a drive-thru penalty. So after lap 1 I had a drive thru - lost me 14 seconds - and the car wasn't quick either. I then got spun by Rainbow too who turned into me and that cost me 4 seconds. I pitted late on lap 17 for another set of inters and by 35 they were pretty bad. I was racing moody towards the end of the second stint but he caught up to me after pitting before that. I spun infront of him at T7. I then decided to take a massive gamble and pit for options. It was still pouring down but i had nothing to lose and pitted on 36/37. At first the car felt worse but 3 laps later they were switched on and i took 4 seconds off Rob just in the 2nd sector. Thats when i knew that this race could be interesting. Rob then pitted for options and i dont know why everyone else didn't. Before i knew it i caught up to Moody again and i caught up to the Ferraris. Ud - War spun at T10 so that got me 2nd place and then set my sights on PRT. He was really struggling through turn 1/2/3 so made my move and got 1st. Moody, who i knew was quicker than me in normal conditions got past PRT and last few corners it was so close! Won the race by 0.154 ! Just proves though that being quick isn't everything - Making the right calls is!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:40 pm

My tyres were absolutely ruined man, on lap 50 at T10 i didnt have full excelleration. I just couldnt get the power down without spinning. It was awful, I honestly cant wait till Monaco, I hope it rains!!!

Back to top Go down

Spanish Grand Prix 2012. Empty Catalunya

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:10 pm

Qualy 4TH-was happy with 4th

Race 2ND-i think in dry conditions 2nd wudnt of been possible

got of the line not too bad kept my 4th poistion at some point i passed adam and tardis but dont remember when
i was behind ud war for most of the race about 3s he wasnt pulling away but i was gaining rob was doing a great job for me holding every1 bk which was allowing me to get away from the pack then prt got past him and caught me up pretty quick then bumped in to the bk of me a lost my rhythm and lost it just be4 the chicane i he got away from me pretty quickly towards the end tardis was hunting me down i pitted for options and came out 4s behind john ud war and prt shud of pitted options but they didnt they stayed out on a dry track and only 1 thing was gunna happen the tyres blistered ud war spun and prt was struggling tried to overtake prt at the end of the first sector and dunno if a drived into the back of him or he just blocked me but that probably cost me the race caught john up pretty quickly but wasnt enough well done john

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:43 pm

Moody why dont you think 2nd would of been possible in dry conditions?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum