Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turkish GP - Race Report

2 posters

Go down

Turkish GP - Race Report Empty Turkish GP - Race Report

Post by BradChick Mon May 28, 2012 8:43 am

Quali 3rd

Race 4th

Starting the race was risky. chose to take a wide line through turn one to keep it safe. and thats thankfully the way it was. during the first few laps i was keeping up with 2nd place. then around lap 4 or 5 i clipped the post on the inside of the last corner. sending me into a spin. because i was on the left side of the start straight, i had to wait for a clear gap to spin the car around. this cost me about 10 seconds.

i was back in 8th and then all of a sudden the understeer i was having trouble with from the start went. i found new speed and caught the pack fast. overtook 3 places in 1 lap and then found myself in 1st during the pitstop stage. after i pitted i was in 4th, but quickly took 3rd. then a few laps later and was pressuring BK. approuching the corner before the drs zone, BK went deep and i took my normal line.
BK made the second corner but was travelling slow. i ended up tapping his left side and spinning into the grass. this cost me 8 more seconds.

i quickly picked it up again and got back into 3rd. catching BK but then my tyres starting falling of the cliff. on the 2nd to last lap illskills took 3rd on the drs zone Sad.

Finshing 4th i quickly found out that without my mistakes i would have finished 2nd and possibly challenged for 1st :/ but never the less it was a great race!

See you next time, Chickie
BradChick
BradChick

Back to top Go down

Turkish GP - Race Report Empty Re: Turkish GP - Race Report

Post by Jamesboro1993 (DRT) Mon May 28, 2012 8:55 am

Quali - 8th

Sacrificed quali speed to give me a better race pace and couldnt do better on my last run.

Race - DNF

Got myself battling with 2nd place 'cause of a few spinners up until I lost connection, AGAIN!
Jamesboro1993 (DRT)
Jamesboro1993 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 28, 2012 9:10 am

Qualified 6th

Race 7th

Had a decent qualifying and out qualified me team mate for the first time which was good, got a great start and got round turn 1 2 and 3 no problems, after that i was very quick and was catching and making up place easily, got up to 2nd by the first pitstop and was confident of a podium, came in for primes and they did not feel right and i lost time, caught up with my team mate and and got him in the DRS, he gave me plenty of room to pass but by the time we got back round to the DRS zone again, i spun and he passed, he would have passed me in the DRS again so it was not problem, had some decent battle but Malaske was the best as it went down to the last lap, he got me in the DRS zone on 26, i got him back on lap 27, he got me back on lap 28, on the last lap i was got the DRS but could not outbrake him at the chicane and he kept his position, great racing,

was please my team mate got the podium and i did better and picked up better points for the team, a big improvement and will get quicker and quicker

Back to top Go down

Turkish GP - Race Report Empty Turkish grand prix

Post by Guest Mon May 28, 2012 9:55 am

Qualified - 9th

Race - 3rd

I decided to wait to see the kinda times that drivers were posting, once I realised that the pole time was faster than my best time on options I change my strategy and decided to qualify on primes I was happy with my time considering I was struggling to get heat into my tyres and I was 4th I did try to go out again to see if I could better my time but made a mess if the first two corners and gave up on the lap. By the time I got back to the pits I was 9th lovely. It was good to seer my team mate qualify in 6th place on a different strategy.

Out of the first three races I've spun out on the first bend twice so I was super focused on making sure that it was going to be a third (well not today) I had a couple Knicks and bumps but managed to navigate my way through the first lap and set about trying to chase down the leading pack. I had an enjoyable and challenging battle over numerous laps with Lawrence swapping 1st and 2nd place with him from Lap to lap, I also had a couple laps driving shotgun with my team mate fidla until unfortunately he spun out. With two laps to go I managed to catch chickie and pass him in the DRS zone to pick up my first podium. This result has gone a long way to repair the mental damage I suffered in china.
21 points for the team a 3rd place finish and my first podium it's been a good grand prix me thinks lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum