Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysian GP - Race Report

Go down

Malaysian GP - Race Report Empty Malaysian GP - Race Report

Post by BradChick Mon May 14, 2012 6:24 am

Please Post Below Smile
BradChick
BradChick

Back to top Go down

Malaysian GP - Race Report Empty Race Report

Post by BradChick Mon May 14, 2012 9:46 am

Quali 5th

Race 5th

Poor quali session tonight. to start i went out on primes to get a feel for the track and see if it would work if i qualified on them. i set a 1.30.7 and soon decided i should put on some primes. I put in 3 laps of fuel and decided to only do one run. i set a lap of 1.29.5. this is reasonable for a lotus but i wasnt to happy. however, i was in secound and thought i would be able to hold that position. i sat in the garage just incase. the session ended and i was in 2nd. all of a sudden 3rd 4th and then 5th. i was guttered.

Starting the race a got a lightening start and moved up into 4th using kers. i then out broke 3rd and took him around the outside of turn 1. during the first lap 1st and 2nd place began to pull away. i put my head down and set a fastest lap. by the 2nd lap i was right on the back of 2nd and overtook him in the DRS zone. i quickly caught BK in front and again took him on the DRS zone the following lap. BK stuck with it and stayed within the 1 secound window. he came along side me on the DRS sone when i moved over to defend the first corner. i broke on the marbles but made the first corner. BK carried some great speed around the outside and came infront. however, in the braking zone i picked up marbles which gave me understeer. i couldnt do anythin about it and tapped BK's rear wing. we both spun but i came off worse and also got i drive through penalty. After completing the drive through i found myself in 10th. i drove the best i could to catch up, but my tyres went off fast. i changed to primes and continued with the pace. i was catching but then my primes went off around lap 19. i wanted to pit at the end of lap 21. however, staying out cost me a whole bunch of time and the leaders caught me up quick. i pitted from 2nd and came out in 5th. 2 laps to go and i could see 4th place. i was catching fast so i turned up the fuel mix. but on the last half of the last lap it went to -1 and i had to lift off.

not having the best start to a season here but its fun never the less.
Great racing, and sorry to BK for the hit.
See you all next week, all the best
Chickie
BradChick
BradChick

Back to top Go down

Malaysian GP - Race Report Empty Re: Malaysian GP - Race Report

Post by Guest Tue May 15, 2012 2:57 am

Qualy 7th Finish 1st

Qualifying was a really bad performance for me. Did a lap on the prime tyres with a couple of mistakes and posted a 1.30.1 which I knew could have been at least half a second faster, and then tried to do a time on the options but made two mistakes and aborted the lap. Thought to myself that starting in 7th I had a chance if I could keep it on the track.

At the start I got a good get away and made my way up to 4th position behind Chickie, and to make a couple of errors on the first lap and find myself back in 6th with Fidla all over me after another error when we made a small contact. Managed to keep the car pointing forwards and set about setting consistent laps. Managed to overtake Malaske on lap 4 I think and then pursued the leaders. Starting on the primes then seemed like a good idea as the drivers ahead appeared to be struggling and Chickie then pitted which now I think was a drive through, then the others pitted and I was in the lead. Pitted on lap 11 and changed to the option tyre when others were on the prime, and was able to catch the lead cars consistently. BK then ran wide on the second to last corner which promoted me to 3rd, then a pitstop from f1setupblog put me 2nd. After catching blackdevil, we both pitted on lap 20, and I set about trying to catch him and ff1setupblog who was back ahead of me. Blackdevil went off track on turn 3 and then f1setupblog made an error at the first corner which opened the doorway for the lead, at which I made sure I maintained the gap to blackdevil before coming home to take victory for Sauber. Apologies to Fidla for the contact, I have seen the video and we'll just have to hear the outcome from the FIA. Well raced everyone, looking forward to this week in China !!

Laurence

Back to top Go down

Malaysian GP - Race Report Empty Frustration :x

Post by Guest Tue May 15, 2012 3:20 am

Again I seem to be hit by bad luck

Qualifying= 4th
Race= 10th

On a side note I have noticed that people aren't racing me and I am not racing them in the races. Instead I am racing ghost cars. I find this really annoying as it causes problems for all racers as we are all being told that we are in different parts of the track :l. In the end it seems to be a connection problem with the English F1 servers. It's strange as I have a perfect connection in every other game from BF3 to Gt5 and this problem is really causing problems in my races Sad. I'll have to research more into the problem and fix it

Qualifying-

At the start of qualifying I went out on the primes to build up a foundation for my car, once I was happy with what grip levels were available I went out on the softs with a minute to spare. Sadly I locked my brakes heavily through the first turn which compromised my turn 2 as well. As if my lap time wasnt slow enough at this stage I also ran into the turbulent air of another car for the later pert of the lap. Thus putting me into 4th. I was really disappointed as I felt the car should have easily reached the 1:28's but I knew I had a strong strategy for the race. Sadly luck wasn't going to be on my side.

Race-
I didnt feel comfortable starting amongst the field into the first corner so I decided to stay wide and hopefully get a better run into turn 2, sadly that wasnt the case. Between Turns 1,2 and 3 I was crashed into 8 times and I was beyond frustrated. I was amazed I was able to keep it on the track with all the shunts Sad Finally into turn 3 someone hit the rear of my car and sent me spinning. I rejoined the track in 11th place. Fueled by rage at this point I quickly caught and past 10th and slowly began to catch him. Again my luck ran out in the pits as by the team I caught my team-mate we were both entering the pits. This ended up with me losing 15 seconds. I was pretty much hunting down my team mate through the second stints and I decided I would come in a lap early to avoid my team mate but of course he had to have the same idea Sad
For the second time I was held up in the pit lane, this time losing 10 seconds. To finish off my race I began to catch the ghost car of Liden. His car ran wide at the exit of turn 11 and got fairly sideways. He tipped my rear end of the car and I went careering towards the wall. I don't know how I didn't have to retire. I came in and replaced my wing and finished in a lonely and extremely frustrating 10th.
I was so disappointed as at the end of the race I had 2 laps of fuel to spare and decent tires so I could have been in contention for maybe even a podium. Setting the 2nd or 3rd fastest lap of the race on prime tires also proved that the pace was available if I needed it.

I hope next weekend is better because at the moment my pace is not being reflected in the standings. I'm the schumacher of the league Razz fast car, no luck ha

SLyne96

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 15, 2012 5:29 am

Qually - 9th
Sat out of Qually thinking track will rubber in ill have top 5 thx,
didnt work out that way ;-(

Race - 11th
First few laps says it all, I just couldnt get the speed anywhere for some reason.
Im awaiting the Tellom-a-tree to come back from the wall to find out exactly why the car was Rubbish.

I hope my team manage to bring me some good news like the Floor was split or they had Over fueled thr car as it handled like a Sinclaire C5.

cheers
Linden

PS well done to my team mate Great Drive to get up on top. and Congrats to our other Team driver up there in the Pro 1 league, 2 wins for Sauber ;-) what time does the Party start?.

Last edited by lindenwarden on Tue May 15, 2012 12:20 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 15, 2012 6:30 am

Qualified 10th

Race 8th

Again another bad qualifying session with my team mate out qualifying me again, not one of my favourite tracks but that is how it goes, got a decent start and just wanted to avoid the crush at the first corner which i did, had a decent pace and just set about keeping on the track and keeping fuel good.

Lap 2 and 3rd corner from back straight Laurence ran wide and came back onto the track just ahead of me, i feel he should have waited or backed off a bit and could have been more careful when rejoining, this caused me to run wide at the left hander which also made my line into the next right hander all wrong and because he kept pushing i clipped his back wheel and spun causing me to drop a few places, i thought he clipped me but i clipped him, my video will show the incident.

Apart from that it was a pretty boring race, i was always at least 4 second behind someone or someone was 4 seconds behind me, looking forward to when the F1 circus gets back to Europe when new parts will be added to make me more competitive

Back to top Go down

Malaysian GP - Race Report Empty Re : Malaysia race report

Post by Guest Wed May 16, 2012 3:54 am

Qual - 13th

Race - 6th

Qual
Decided early to post single lap attempts to preserve my tyre's, this would have been a half descent idea on options but I tried it on primes and the time wasn't good enough but I decided to stick with it as my tyre were still fresh.

Race
Bearing in mind my start to the last race I wanted to navigate the first lap but at a competitive pace so when I went over the start finish line at the end of lap one in 9th I was content and looked to settle down. I had an incident with icl4mad at turn four ahead of linden warden where he tried to overtake me on the inside I left him room but he took me out causing me to lose 2 places, I had a nice battle with James and then his connection went I was wheel to wheel with Lawrence for then lead of the race but I spin put an end to that for me. So another 6th place but I feel as the season goes on my team mate and myself can bridge the gap between us and the leading pack, roll on china!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum