Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The driver pen

Go down

The driver pen Empty Re: The driver pen

Post by Guest Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:21 pm

Continued ...

Q: Beardy, not long ago you was crowned champion of AL1 and now you're at the the pinnacle on the site, thoughts?
GBM_Beardy_UK : I'm very happy to be racing in pro 1 because the racing is so competitive especially this season because there are so many fast people so there are a lot of unknowns about whose going to be be 1st 2nd or 3rd and i love it that way.

Q: You qualified in 4th and finished there, is that what you was expecting?
AB: To be honest i think i over performed in Australia my pace in quali was great race pace could of been better because i made mistakes here and there but that's what happens you have a perfect race weekend here and there but 4th place I'm satisfied.

Q: How did the tires hold up for you?
AB: Tires were good the strategy worked perfect and i could push the car to the max.

Q: You finished 4 places ahead of your team mate, do you expect him to push you this season?
AB: absolutely because me and him are close in terms of racing times and I'm very greatly proud to be his teammate this season.

Q: Do you think you can breach the gap at the top?
AB: good point because F1 is all about input its a new start and a new era for me because to me its only the first race the gap will defiantly close to me, I'm happy.

Q: What are your aims for the season?
AB: my aims are to win races and get podiums i think that's possible

Back to top Go down

Post by Vernon-ator_1991 Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:28 am

BradChick wrote:I apologise for not having my mic on during the race Vern. I didnt turn it on as i usually get complaints of it being to loud due to my head been near to the speakers on my game chair. Will have it on next week Smile

I was also worried that we may pit the same time, especially the first stint. That why i went so far past the recomended stop, so it gave you a chance to pit first Smile As for the contact, i think a bit of lag may have been involved because i can only recall one incident where you were on the outside on turn 3 with drs. Then taking the corner you seemed to drift wide like i hit your "Ghost Box" thing. Another contact glitch. But it was all clean from there, just VERY exciting.
I heard you say "watch it chickie" (or something along thoughs lines) over the mic.

Bring on Malaysia!

Yeah I remember saying 'watch it chickie' as I was on your outside and on my screen you came across enough to force me to put a wheel or 2 on the grass. Also another incident I recall was at turn 4 a few laps before where I was on your outside and my left side pod and your front right wheel came into contact, but no-one at fault. All I can suggest on the mic front is to maybe turn down your mic so it's not as loud. Might simply be a case of it being set too high.

Results: 1st | DNF | 3rd | 3rd | 2nd | 3rd | 3rd | 5th | 3rd | 3rd | 2nd | 5th | 1st | 5th | 3rd | 3rd | 2nd | 2nd | 2nd | 1st
Season 1 - Drivers Pos: 5th, Constructor's Pos: 1st; Season 2 - Drivers Pos: 7th, Constructor's Pos: 3rd
Season 3 - Drivers Pos: 4th, Constructor's Pos: 1st; Season 4 - Drivers Pos: 2nd, Constructors Pos: 2nd
Vernon-ator_1991
Vernon-ator_1991

Back to top Go down

Post by BradChick Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:11 am

I apologise for not having my mic on during the race Vern. I didnt turn it on as i usually get complaints of it being to loud due to my head been near to the speakers on my game chair. Will have it on next week Smile

I was also worried that we may pit the same time, especially the first stint. That why i went so far past the recomended stop, so it gave you a chance to pit first Smile As for the contact, i think a bit of lag may have been involved because i can only recall one incident where you were on the outside on turn 3 with drs. Then taking the corner you seemed to drift wide like i hit your "Ghost Box" thing. Another contact glitch. But it was all clean from there, just VERY exciting.
I heard you say "watch it chickie" (or something along thoughs lines) over the mic.

Bring on Malaysia!
BradChick
BradChick

Back to top Go down

The driver pen Empty The driver pen

Post by Guest Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:06 pm

Drivers: 1 - BK_1975 (Red Bull Racing) 2 - Vernon-ator_1991 (Sauber) 3 - GBM_Beardy_UK (Lotus)
Interviews
(Conducted by Hudunikibolokov)

So BK a very good 1.25.7 in qualifying...

Q: Was qualifying what you was expecting?
BK_1975: Not really I expected around 25.2 but failed to reach it.

Q: You finished exactly where you started, tell us how it was for you?
BK: A good race with my normal silly mistakes but all in all getting much better.

Q: Are you disappointing you didn't improve any higher up the field?
BK: Yes I am but as I said silly mistakes but I am also sure it will only get better and I have set goals for the season.

Q: Your team mate didn't start, how much is this a problem for the constructors?
BK: It is an issue that my team mate is not here to race along side me but he is in rehab at the moment , on a holiday to USA he grew an addiction to cheese burgers and has been sent for treatment as he could not fit in the car anymore.

Q: speaking of constructors, do you think you can mount any challenge this season?
BK: Well if punch get off the cheese we can do well but it may be a long wait......weight....wait ye wait.

Q: There was a very unhappy driver in the paddock due to drivers being all tires over the white line, any thoughts?
BK: First of all the rule stats tou must have at least one tyre on the black stuff a all times.
I dont want to mention any names but Vernon was on a few photos , well as I said no names but the track is an easy one to cut as it is alot like Canada (flat) but not a good reason for it and anyone cought in future races will feel the hammer.

Q: You're a very outspoken person on the site, any improvements you feel could be implanted?
BK: In a word "Yes" many areas could be improved and as for outspoken ,I must agree with you but please inform me when I have been out spoken and it has not been to the benefit of the league as a whole and its structure.
The league improvments will come in time with new members and new games such as gt6 on ps4 , Project Cars , Grid2 and the new F1 & F1 PS4.
As far as games other than f1 I dont really hold a great deal of hope as we have run a very fun wheel to wheel season in the Nissan Cup but it is still low on members or members that bother to turn up , F1 and driving sims are the future here and we must not loose sight of that .

Q: Vern, a nice win for yourself, how was it for you?

Vernon-ator_1991: Anything but easy. Having Chickie pushing all the way and wanting the victory just as bad as me, team orders didn't exist basically. Half way through the race when Chickie was 8 seconds ahead of me, I honestly didn't think I could catch him having been so evenly paced all week. But my decision to pit earlier than him pulled off. The season couldn't have started better with a win, only my 2nd ever win but hopefully a few more on the horizon.

Q: A 1-2 for Sauber, it couldn't have gone better?

JV: You'd think no, but I believe there is room for improvement. Not in speed but in team communications. With Chickie not having his mic on during the race I wasn't able to communicate with him to make sure we didn't pit the same time or do anything that would cause one of us any grief.
Also we did actually touch 2-3 times throughout the race where we were battling for the lead. If you think about it, it really could have ended badly for us and neither of us winning.

Q: You are the favorites for the constructors, who do you think will challenge you?

JV: I wouldn't say were favourites for the constructors title this season. All teams look strong to challenge. Mercedes will be right up there once UD returns to the track. But Williams, Lotus & Ferrari will also be close by. We've had the best start possible but no way are we favourites.

Q:You seem to have a great race weekend, did anything go wrong?

JV: I had 2 kers failures during the race which cost me on the middle stint, I lost most of my time during these periods. A number of mistakes were made during battling with Chickie from either turning in too early and therefore cutting the corner, which I apologised for as soon as I realised my mistake. Running wide as well but mainly when i was behind Chickie causing understeer.

Q: You said the race was awesome, what was the highlights for you?

JV: The highlights were just being ultra competitive and winning the race. It wasn't comfortable by any means.

Q: Do you expect to see more races like that?

JV: For sure, the field will be a lot closer throughout the season than what the first race results show. Mick is still trying to find the ultimate setup for his Williams, hopefully Dave and James have sorted their connection issues because they'll be up towards the front. Again Mercedes have yet to show their true pace & even BK can't be discounted this season.

Q: And Finally will you beat your team mate this season?

JV: While the season is still young, we'll help each other to be at the top step. But I think I have more consistency to edge my team-mate.

Last edited by NikiLouder (COD Mod) on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down